THIS IS IT. (truthful blog by Darren Hayes)

Re: Darren Hayes on This Is It...

I'm a HUGE Darren Hayes fan, have been for 7 years or so, am going to see him live on New Years Eve, so I always knew he was a fan. Was a very nice, honest blog. Though I didn't know DH was originally booked on one of the 9/11 flights... woah...

"I actually quite enjoyed MSG and do to this day. Did Michael seem a bit under the weather or whatever during it yes...but he still had it then. He was also dealing with certain people at SONY and TM's corrupt ass. He was fighting even then...had been for years...

I love Darren and his words were very nice. I'm a big fan of his.

However, I must say that (and I do believe Darren himself pointed this out) people truly did underestimate him. Michael may have been kicked and hurt by so many during the trial but he was not a broken man. Michael was not "half the man" he used to be etc...but he had been hurt BADLY! So he needed to "get away", which he did. Michael needed the time he took off to rest and to gather himself together again. To strengthen himself. And at that press conference...and in the movie...Michael was back! He had come out of the depths of hell and despair and he was in fighting form. Just thinking of how he looked at the PC makes me smile. He was so excited and was feeding off the fans energy. He was ready to show the world, "Hey they tried to break me, but here I am standing tall." Michael imho was not "finding" himself in the film or rediscovering his genius or whatever...he was driven, he knew EXACTLY what he wanted and he was going all out.

And this is what I love so much about this man...There always seemed to be this atmosphere in the media and the like, that Michael Jackson HAS to "prove" himself...again...and again...BUT he knew he didn't have too. He knew what he could do and he was going to do it. He took the lead and was fully ready to get it out there again. He was showing the "newbies" in the film what a master at work was like...What genius looked like.

And even after saying that, I still appreciate Darren's kind words, and I always have.

Michael was Michael and he with THIS IS IT again showed to those who underestimated him that even if he hadn't been on stage in a decade all he had to do was step on it and it all came rushing back."

White Chocolate
i agree 1.000.000%
well said
media is one thing
,truth is another
michael was never disputed by music lovers, from the day he started in this bussiness till the very end noone really questioned his talent (how could they), they always tried to diminish him with media coverage.And fans knew that no matter how much time he needed off business, he would come back with a great album.He always comes back, even now he's gonna be coming back with new albums.

God bless Darren! One can see he's always been a MJ fan hence the honesty and truth in his words.

I'm a HUGE Darren Hayes fan, have been for 7 years or so, am going to see him live on New Years Eve, so I always knew he was a fan. Was a very nice, honest blog. Though I didn't know DH was originally booked on one of the 9/11 flights... woah...

ManInTheMonitor... i am so jealous of you going on new years eve. Darren being on one of the 9/11 flights was a shock to me too... so glad he changed his plans.
have a great time NYE

I'm a huge fan of Darren, I met him twice back stage and was on tv with him in de show 'Paul de Leeuw'.
Darren loved Michael Jackson! Several times, before a new song came out, he mentionned how inspired he was by Michael Jackson, his hero.

I miss Savage Garden... I miss Michael Jackson :(

I didnt realise Darren Hayes was such a dedicated fan. The way he writes, he's not just a fairweather fan, he LOVES Michael.

ManInTheMonitor... i am so jealous of you going on new years eve. Darren being on one of the 9/11 flights was a shock to me too... so glad he changed his plans.
have a great time NYE

Yeah I can't wait for NYE; will actually be the 5th time I've seen him live - not that I'm trying to rub it in!! - but he's just an incredible talent with such a diverse catalogue of music and he ALWAYS puts his all into his live shows. I just wish his solo work was more well known over and above "Insatiable", lol.

I didnt realise Darren Hayes was such a dedicated fan. The way he writes, he's not just a fairweather fan, he LOVES Michael.

Yes he does, he has ALWAYS cited MJ as a HUGE influence and inpsiration to him. I think Savage Garden even performed WBSS on their first tour (though I've never seen the footage, only heard him say it in an interview).

Yeah I can't wait for NYE; will actually be the 5th time I've seen him live - not that I'm trying to rub it in!! - but he's just an incredible talent with such a diverse catalogue of music and he ALWAYS puts his all into his live shows. I just wish his solo work was more well known over and above "Insatiable", lol.

you can rub it in all you want, i don't mind lol.
i too love his solo stuff, even The Tension And The Spark which was wrongly panned. i recently managed to get hold of "A Big Night In With DH" on dvd, i had to get it from Australia..at great expense i may add. worth it though.

I'm touched...those sentiments are beautiful. Thank you, Darren for sharing your heart.

These positive reviews are really doing something good for me. They have put a kinda joy in my heart that helps me cope with Michael's passing.

I was looking at one of CNN movie critics and he is one of the tough ones, but what he said about TII made me cry tears of joy. He was really impressed with TII and kept urging ppl to go see it. He also said that MJ was so kind, and polite to the ppl who worked for him. And how Michael taught him that not cause your the boss you have to be mean to get things done. He was really impressed with Michael's kindness.

you can rub it in all you want, i don't mind lol.
i too love his solo stuff, even The Tension And The Spark which was wrongly panned. i recently managed to get hold of "A Big Night In With DH" on dvd, i had to get it from Australia..at great expense i may add. worth it though.

Yeah I had to order that from Aus too, but wow was it worth it - he even incorporated Can You Feel it into Chained to You, which I loved.

TT&TS is a masterpiece: Darkness, Unlovable, Void, Dublin Sky, I Like The Way... WOW.

"I actually quite enjoyed MSG and do to this day. Did Michael seem a bit under the weather or whatever during it yes...but he still had it then. He was also dealing with certain people at SONY and TM's corrupt ass. He was fighting even then...had been for years...

I love Darren and his words were very nice. I'm a big fan of his.

However, I must say that (and I do believe Darren himself pointed this out) people truly did underestimate him. Michael may have been kicked and hurt by so many during the trial but he was not a broken man. Michael was not "half the man" he used to be etc...but he had been hurt BADLY! So he needed to "get away", which he did. Michael needed the time he took off to rest and to gather himself together again. To strengthen himself. And at that press conference...and in the movie...Michael was back! He had come out of the depths of hell and despair and he was in fighting form. Just thinking of how he looked at the PC makes me smile. He was so excited and was feeding off the fans energy. He was ready to show the world, "Hey they tried to break me, but here I am standing tall." Michael imho was not "finding" himself in the film or rediscovering his genius or whatever...he was driven, he knew EXACTLY what he wanted and he was going all out.

And this is what I love so much about this man...There always seemed to be this atmosphere in the media and the like, that Michael Jackson HAS to "prove" himself...again...and again...BUT he knew he didn't have too. He knew what he could do and he was going to do it. He took the lead and was fully ready to get it out there again. He was showing the "newbies" in the film what a master at work was like...What genius looked like.

And even after saying that, I still appreciate Darren's kind words, and I always have.

Michael was Michael and he with THIS IS IT again showed to those who underestimated him that even if he hadn't been on stage in a decade all he had to do was step on it and it all came rushing back."

I think MJ liked to be underestimated. He wanted people to believe that he couldn't pull it off, he wanted people to expect him to fail. Everything that happened during the preparations for This is it was a prime example of that technique. The fiasco with him telling people he only agreed to do ten shows, the whole thing with the skin cancer stories and the stories of him only attending 2 out of 50 rehearsals. I think it was all part of his plan. Everyone was saying he couldn't do it. Everyone! He never dispelled the rumours about the skin cancers, and the flesh eating virus'. In fact, he pretty much egged those stories on by showing the paps bags with "skin cancer treatment" written all over it. The public believed those stories, and they would have gone to the concerts expecting to see a sick and frail man struggle to regain his crown, a washed celebrity trying to relive his glory days. They would have gone just out of curiosity, to be witness to a serious crash and burn. But those same people would have gotten the shock of their lives. After seeing the film, I am convinced of that. He was prepared to shock the world.

Michael was the master manipulator. He worked the media like a puppet. He was a genius.

omg Thank you Darren, always loved you
This is so honest, wow. Thanks

Insatiable, the way we love him, isn't it?

:hug: to Darren for that beautiful piece of heart he wrote, you just broke mine

Nice blog except the part about the 2001 concerts! MJ was great that nite!

Thank u so much darren hayes!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

To be honest, what Darren said kinda pisses me off.

I'm so sick of people, even his fans, underestimating Michael while he was alive. I never once doubted him or his God-given gift.

Even in the wilderness years from 2002-2008, I never had one moment where I thought MJ didn't have it in him to come back and be great again. Not once. People should've had more faith in Michael while he was alive instead of jumping on the gravy-train now that he's dead.

I agree completely.

So many people are now jumping on the MJ bandwagon stating how they were such big fans yet it is the real fans that continued following throughout the trials and tribulations the doubt and despair etc.

I too was transfixed by the BAD MJ (I almost believed I was MJ back then) but could quantify the way he is in the present day so didn't have to be dissapointed with things.

In some ways the preachings of Schmoley about celebrity culture and what we expect of them apply here quite well.

nice blog about Michael but it never fails that people who are also in showbiz ...who should know better than to believe everything they read...............always do!!!!!!!!!

awwwwwww:
this is a very nice review. it makes me cry..cry::cry::cry:
i can't wait to see the movie today!

Thank You Darren...this was truly beautiful and I believe and accurate account....brought tears to my eyes..:cry:

Nice blog except the part about the 2001 concerts! MJ was great that nite!

mmmhmmm.....Michael was great at all his concerts.....agree!!!

Back