Thriller 3D Update

I thought the song did sound different in pitch. But it's not as noticeable to me as the other edits.

What I would say is though, all the people who are critical of it should really see it first.
Would have done if the release wasn't so poorly executed.

Would have done if the release wasn't so poorly executed.

Oh I know. But see it before you get too critical of what they've done. I could see how one could get more upset than they need to thinking they've ruined it. Because they absolutely haven't. In fairness, I need more viewings to decide myself how I feel about it.

ChrisC;4231786 said:
Oh I know. But see it before you get too critical of what they've done. I could see how one could get more upset than they need to thinking they've ruined it. Because they absolutely haven't. In fairness, I need more viewings to decide myself how I feel about it.

Yeah, I feel like my posts are coming across as this is an unwatchable mess. I don’t feel that way at all and really want to see it. It just frustrates me that in my eyes, simple errors have been made. I would loved to hear the dance break in some super 7.1 cinema sound system!!

barok232;4231812 said:
Man it's not only that you are negative beforehand, before even experiencing something yourself or be certain about what you 're talking about, it's also that you write the same concerns again and again and again. If you write something once in a post, it's there for everyone to see! No need for re-posting

People quote me, so I have to explain myself and my concerns. I’m only commenting on what I’ve seen.

Yes, the way the last few days postings have gone, it sounds like the audio is in a completely different pitch and totally changed. A 180 from all the reviews that came from die hards the first day it came out.

The concerns raised were specific. Please, stop this nonsensical argument about negativity! It is meaningless and unsubstantial. Instead, refute the points that were made and enlighten your fellow fans as to the contrary. Don't come at a fan with a valid point/concern/question and scream NEGATIVITY. It leads nowhere. Why not try answering the question?

Fans moaning about negativity actually derail the thread and they are the ones, imho, who spread negativity. Let's go back to picking Thriller 3D apart, good and bad.

Fans moaning about negativity actually derail the thread and they are the ones, imho, who spread negativity.
Let's go back to picking Thriller 3D apart, good and bad.

No, they don't derail the thread. They actually want to feel excited about something great, for once. They want to feel as though they can talk about it in peace, without being shouted down by the pedantic nit-picking of one or two audiophiles. There are special music forums around, for that kind of thing.

This forum is about Michael Jackson. Undoubtedly he looks glorious performing his iconic "Thriller" in HD/3D. People who were able to see it in such a limited time/limited theatre release can count themselves amongst the fortuitous elite, for sure.

You said it all in your last sentence. "Let's go back to picking Thriller 3D apart." I swear, across the MJ fandom, this thread is the only place where that is happening.

Regarding audio concerns, If the original was damaged, lost, not compatible with this mix then I can understand the changes because they would have no other choice.
On the other hand, if this was all just done on purpose then the fans have every right to be disappointed IMO.

No, they don't derail the thread. They actually want to feel excited about something great, for once. They want to feel as though they can talk about it in peace, without being shouted down by the pedantic nit-picking of one or two audiophiles. There are special music forums around, for that kind of thing.

This forum is about Michael Jackson. Undoubtedly he looks glorious performing his iconic "Thriller" in HD/3D. People who were able to see it in such a limited time/limited theatre release can count themselves amongst the fortuitous elite, for sure.

You said it all in your last sentence. "Let's go back to picking Thriller 3D apart." I swear, across the MJ fandom, this thread is the only place where that is happening.

When I see someone say something I may not agree with then I let them know once and then move on with my life. To keep complaining about people complaining is defeating the point you're making.

When I see someone say something I may not agree with then I let them know once and then move on with my life. To keep complaining about people complaining is defeating the point you're making.

I understand what you mean (it's kind of laughable to complain about complaining...lol). However, I'm not the first one to notice it and speak about it - particularly in this thread. I'm merely adding support to what a few others have said and I had an issue with wednesday accusing others of derailment.

Well Im here to complain about how someone said complaining about complaining is defeating.. ;) lol is THAT defeating?

I'm so disappointed that I missed seeing this! I didn't realize it was only showing for a week or I would've made an extra effort to see it right away.
I thought it would be showing until that movie (House With a Clock In It's Walls) was out of the theater. :cry:

Thank you! Finally! Some levelheaded common sense.

So now IMAX Thriller's run in theaters is end everywhere, right?

Regarding the audio pitch that was mentioned, I compared a video of a 3D showing to the official video on Youtube (even playing one over the other). Same pitch.

So, no announcement about releasing the video and documentary on Blu-Ray and digital in time for Halloween🎃?

That just seems so crazy.

I think it's safe to say we will NOT get a home release this year...

Then will just have to wait another year...

first they say it will be released 2017.. then later they say 2018.. and now they say 2019 i bet!

first they say it will be released 2017.. then later they say 2018.. and now they say 2019 i bet!
Right....3years on something that came out in 83. It'll be different if it were in high demand but noone besides the hardcore fans even know about this. It was poorly promoted. I just wish they throw the damn video under 1440p on youtube! I don't understand the f-ing problem

I think it's safe to say we will NOT get a home release this year...

Then will just have to wait another year...

I have a feeling that they will just show in again in cinemas next year and they don't even mention the home release. I hope I'm wrong and it gets released next year.

I’d be willing to bet the estate and Sony will skip a Blu-ray/DVD/digital release and instead they’ll try to make this an annual practice where they’ll just attack Thriller 3D to whatever movie they can during Halloween season and make their money that way... I really hope I’m wrong but doubt it 👎🏼

Yeah, they've already basically said wait until next year to see it again, so I'm assuming they're just gonna be bringing it out once a year for the next two hundred years.

Last year they said in 2018 there will also be Ghosts in 3D along with Thriller 3D on BD.. so where is it!?

Back