Thriller 40 Disc 2 - POSITIVE ONLY Thread

staywild23

Premium Member
Country
United-States
Thankyou for this thread. My favourites are so far: Who do you know, What a lovely way to go :love: and She`Trouble.
Have decided to stream the songs now on youtoube instead of hearing the CD in order to produce streams.
Those are probably my three favorites too!!

I now have more CDs in my possession than I care to admit, but I'm also streaming too :)

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Who do you know is simply wonderful! What a song. It was so great to hear the toy after all these years and I even appreciate A Lovely Way To Go, but man o man the 4K remasters of Beat It and Thriller. That made my heart really happy. The quality is insane and I have been replaying those videos over and over again.

h1a2n2

Proud Member
I stayed up late waiting for the new music to drop but sadly fell asleep. Woke up at 4am and grabbed my headphones. What a lovely way to ...wake up! I'm listening to the music through the lens of getting a glimpse into my favorite artist's mind and creative process rather than something I can blast on my speakers. I also lived through the eras of recording songs from the radio and terrible quality Napster music, so I aint picky. I didn't realize just how much I needed this music given the rest of the world kinda feels it's burning. Love love love.

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I visualize a huge group choreography during the final minute of she’s trouble like in the beat it video

Andymachine

Proud Member
I visualize a huge group choreography during the final minute of she’s trouble like in the beat it video
I hope not , it was pretty cheezy then and it would be much more so now. I like MJ as he is not done up like a fucking xmas tree

wendijane

Proud Member

wendijane

Proud Member
No reason to listen to Behind the Mask (Michael album version) again, now that we have the Demo version. :ROFLMAO: I never liked the Bucharest whistles in Behind the Mask

The name "Mike's Mix" is also cute :love:
Yeah i hear ya. It's the little things... *Mikes Mix* makes this song, right now. I really like this album.

MJJuniorSinceMW

Proud Member
Donations
$23.00
The very fact that you have to have a "positive " only thread on this shit show just goes to show
Yeah it goes to show! But it shows nothing regarding this release.
It goes to show what a shit show some of the shit heads on this forum are putting on, including you!!

To the thread starter, THANK YOU, I enjoy reading all of your posts of excitement & love for MJ.
Though it's a little sad that one get's the feeling that it is necessary to create a thread like this & the clowns still seep in try to rain on the parade..

zinniabooklover

Proud Member
I do the same. I did not know there is an order to be preserved!
Oh, there isn't. Some people prefer to listen to albums in the track list order. I've never done that. I don't even know if this still happens but artists used to work quite hard on the track list to make the album flow and feel / sound coherent. And I respect that but it doesn't change anything. I cherry pick what I'm gonna listen to.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
@AlwaysThere I'm surprised you enjoy carousel, in my ears it sounds awful
Don't wanna derail the good vibes here but I wonder what you think of its audio quality. If even I hear it it must be really bad lol

I never complained about the tracklist but some songs just don't sound the way they are supposed to
I absolutely love the song. I have very strong feelings about the audio quality on T40, but as to not derail the vibes, I’ll just say that “Carousel” is one of my favorite Thriller outtakes and I love listening to it… on YouTube.

staywild23

Premium Member
Country
United-States
For the second night in a row I fell asleep listening to Thriller 40 and I woke up hearing "She's Trouble" in my head. If I continue at this rate, I wonder how many of my own original thoughts will survive the year? 🤔

Last edited:

staywild23

Premium Member
Country
United-States
Idk why but I'm obsessed with the part in Carousel when he sings, "What I can't recall is if there was a girl at all"

Hiker

MJJC Staff
Staff member
Donations
$20.00
Country
Switzerland
@zinniabooklover , @Hiker , @staywild23 Were all the songs on disc 2 new for all of you?
Not all, I had found some on YT, mainly on Sven's channel.
1. Starlight - I had heard before on YT but this version seems different, I don't remember the last part though "give me, give me that sun", which is the best part! :love:
2. Got the Hots - heard it, not too impressed (by Michael standards :cool:)
3. Who Do You Know - new
4. Carousel - heard it, found it okish
5. Behind the Mask - new
6. CGOOTR - new, that's why don't understand all the hoopla around it, other than it being from different era. I like it.
7. The Toy - LOVE BoJ version already
8. Sunset Driver - I think I had heard it before, was not impressed, though its starting to grow on me now.
9. What a Lovely Way to Go - new, absolutely love it!! :love:
10. She's Trouble - heard it before, love it

So its kind of 50 - 50.