Thriller 40th Anniversary

It was actually Bad. Last concert of the 87 leg in Brisbane, Australia. We do have the first half of it.
Is the part with Stevie Wonder and MJ performing Just Good Friends true? That's mainly the part I want to watch lol.

The only Bad concert I want to watch is the one where Stevie Wonder is in, I heard somewhere that they performed Just Good Friends there, even though the concert is plagued by you-know-who.
They didn't. Stevie just sang Bad with him.

Just Good Friends is a bad song. Just Good Friends sucks. Let it die DanceForAChance.

And who, Sheryl Crow?

The only Bad concert I want to watch is the one where Stevie Wonder is in, I heard somewhere that they performed Just Good Friends there, even though the concert is plagued by you-know-who.
i mean if thats ruined, so is the black or white film with cascio, or the pepsi ad.
its important to not deny the past, since thats what all the haters are trying to do.

I agree that when it came to concerts MJ was too repetitive, if you've seen one concert you've basically seen it all. I don't get the hype for more concerts when the difference between tours comes to band and outfits mostly. I don't say anything about that or else I'll get shit on too lol.

I mean burn all concerts how silly haha
I've said on here before that I'm not all that interested in MJ as a live performer at this point, his concerts are pretty rehearsed so there's not really many differences apart from a few exceptions. Maybe once in a while I'll watch one and if a Bad show is released in HD I'll probably buy it, but I'm mainly interested in the music at this stage.
I’ve found my people. Let us dance.

i mean if thats ruined, so is the black or white film with cascio, or the pepsi ad.
its important to not deny the past, since thats what all the haters are trying to do.
I was mostly referring to how the footage of that concert comes from Leaving Neverland, it's hard for me to get past that when I'm watching Stevie and MJ performing Bad.
Just Good Friends is a bad song. Just Good Friends sucks.
youre-a-fucking-disappointment-soldier-boy.gif

Well, at least we can say we got another awesome sounding version of Thriller and the HD Short films out of whatever this release was supposed to be, lol.
I have to agree that MFSL releases are often hit or miss (thanks to their famous smile EQ), but they did an amazing job with Thriller. Mad respect for Bruce's punchy and in-your-face mix, but theirs offer a different experience with a much wider soundstage. I could perceive quite some elements which are kinda buried in the original myself.

Yeah, the Atmos mixes are superb. Plus, though it took longer than it should’ve, the two short film remasters are both extraordinary, particularly “Thriller.” Easily among the best things the estate has done in my opinion, even if the era overall falls short.

Haven't listened to them myself. Are they really that good?
I love them. They were conducted by Serban Ghenea and John Hanes, who are in my opinion the best pop mixers of all time. (If you’ve heard any Top 40 hit in the last two decades or so, they probably mixed it.) It’s an overused sentiment, but it’s truly like hearing the album for the first time.

I love them. They were conducted by Serban Ghenea and John Hanes, who are in my opinion the best pop mixers of all time. (If you’ve heard any Top 40 hit in the last two decades or so, they probably mixed it.) It’s an overused sentiment, but it’s truly like hearing the album for the first time.
I see. Have you given the MFSL one a go yourself, man?

I haven't heard the atmos mixes, I was referring to the MFSL version. Is the atmos something that's exclusive to apple or something?

I have to agree that MFSL releases are often hit or miss (thanks to their famous smile EQ), but they did an amazing job with Thriller. Mad respect for Bruce's punchy and in-your-face mix, but theirs offer a different experience with a much wider soundstage. I could perceive quite some elements which are kinda buried in the original myself.
Yeah, Human Nature sounds almost 3-D like in the new master, and everything just sounds more realistic in my opinion. Especially through speakers.

Last edited:
I don't even know where to start with all this...
Me neither tbh. I don't want to drag this on too long to btw. But I am not a troll, I just gave my honest opinion on the Bad25 documentary and almost got cancelled for it..
Look, I have much respect for Spike Lee, I grew up on his movies. But I do have an issue with him if I feel his political motivation shines through in a documentary about a historical figure, in this case about MJ. Who knows what he has left out more

Oh please note that my written English is not always the best (and sometimes sucks)

Literally how? Calling you out directly? Criticizing a multitude of poor fan takes, and just generally bad behavior wherever they lie?
I thought you mentioned me and said my opinion wasn't an 'opinion' but 'brainwashing'. If I am wrong I apologize

So am I, so is mine.
Ohhh that's cool, Nigeria?

I have no involvement in politics whatsoever. Saying that black people getting recognition is political is divisive and strange to me.
Me neither. Getting black people their recognition is obviously awesome and so is showing his legacy amongst black people; 'twisting' the story of Michael Jackson and leaving important figures and inspirations out to achieve that goal is not; maybe I'm more sensitive to that since I studied journalism but in a way it's falsifying history

Of course they were. That is talked about all the time. There were also black equivalents to them all, and black inspirations for them all.
Talked about all the time? Most people don't get further than 'Peter Pan' when they think about MJ's influences. Large scale documentaries like Spike Lee's should be very delicate in my opinion because they do reach a lot of people. And I don't know what you mean with saying that there were also black equivalents to them. If you mean he as much black inspirations as white ones agree but we had already established that. And if you mean his white influences were in turn inspired by black artists than that also goes the other way around of course. People are always inspired by other people and people have been meeting and learning from each other since the dawn of day

You are right that music is colorless but music is also boundless. People cling too much to staples. I don't think you're even particularly knowledgeable about these people you're criticizing anyway. I'd rather see more proof.
Proof of what? I am talking about the MJ documentaries; everyone here has seen them

I don't say much of anything bad about MJ. You got a very one angled glance of MJ anyway.
What do you mean with one angled glance..? My whole critique is based on showing the complete MJ, with all his sides and influences and obsessions

You wanna hear a strong take from me, I think Bruce Swedien deserves more credit than Quincy. Not because of skin color, but because of contribution. Bruce was integral to MJs entire adult career and QJ is pretty overblown at times. And yet all of them together helped make it what it is. I'm not just speaking "woke", I simply say the truth is what matters most.
Fair enough! Please continue to do so! I love Quincy Jones's work but I do think he is overrated at times too, especially if you hear some of the demo's MJ created; those songs would be awesome anyway. BUT Quincy did make the music so much richer with his experience as a conductor and his love for Bossasanova etc. Plus Michael's voice somehow matched his music so damn well (much more than Q's other artists imo)

And Lionel Richie had nothing to do with MJ throughout his life. JT especially, if anything was a huge blight on the Jackson family. I still enjoy his music though. But literally he has nothing over any other contemporary successor artist.
Could be, but I think if you would ask someone on the street at the time of this documentary who was most inspired by MJ it would be JT
And no, they really don't: Jon B, Robin Thicke, JT, Beastie Boys, Eminem, Bee Gees

Not hearing any issues for they in particular.
Be real, all of these artists got shitloads of bash and even if they are respected by black artists themselves they aren't listened to by the black audience

I guess the people who dont care about concerts will never understand. I just think MJ deserves the definitive showcase as a live performer. Had they found the Wembley film it would have been the perfect release for me. Every other artist from that era has at least 1. I still have to thank fans like Zakk that did so much of the digging on this back in the day.

It's easy to say now that the leaked shows are all similar therefore why bother. However, before Bad25 we had nothing. Just Tokyo 87 in garbage quality, Yokohama (another first leg show), and the LOUNIS PRODUCTION Rome & Tokyo tapes....

The hype was insane for a complete 88 show in good quality. Unfortunately, wembley didnt live up in that department. Seeing the HD APOM footage the first time was insane. Finding out MJ Filmed at least 1 show made us want it even more.

It's honestly the most interesting project for me. Imo MJ deserves it. So do the fans. (I'll take the Victory tour LA also since they have had that this whole time??).

Regardless, the restored short Films are great to come out of this.

It’s not a matter of not understanding as much as simply not being interested. I understand the necessity of commemorating MJ on stage in the highest possible quality—hell, I’d almost certainly preorder the 4K/Blu-Ray if it ever came to be. I just personally don’t care for such a project since we’ve already seen everything each tour has to offer.

Give me a Bad show or new This Is It rehearsals in HD, I’m there. Give me a Dangerous show, I’ll probably throw my hat in. Give me the Jacksons or anything from HIStory forward, hard pass.

Back