Thriller 40th Anniversary

Surely the documentary won't be called Thriller 40. Its got to be just the making of Thriller
“Making of Thriller” would cause confusion with “Making of Thriller” (1984; also known as “Making Michael Jackson’s Thriller”).

I actually think it makes sense to call it Thriller 40, just as Spike’s Bad documentary was named “Bad 25”. Sure, it is indeed released a year late, but “Thriller 41” ain’t too catchy, is it?

I don't even know where to start with all this....

The way you called me out on my opinion is very cowardly, especially since you are a prominent critic yourself.

Literally how? Calling you out directly? Criticizing a multitude of poor fan takes, and just generally bad behavior wherever they lie?

I am a black man myself, my parents were actually from the same (supposed) region as The Jacksons.
So am I, so is mine.

Won't use it again cause I have no interest to discuss politics.
I have no involvement in politics whatsoever. Saying that black people getting recognition is political is divisive and strange to me.
BUT 'Michael Jackson' (and his albums) obviously also didn't exist without Walt Disney, Edgar Allen Poe, Steven Spielberg, Rod Temperton, Fred Astaire, Bob Fosse, The Bee Gees, The Carpenters, Paul McCartney, Tom Bahler, Tchaikovsy, Bruce Swedien, Jerry Hey, Steve Lukather etc. etc. etc. which were white people.
Of course they were. That is talked about all the time. There were also black equivalents to them all, and black inspirations for them all.

You are right that music is colorless but music is also boundless. People cling too much to staples. I don't think you're even particularly knowledgeable about these people you're criticizing anyway. I'd rather see more proof.
Like you do with all other aspects of MJ
I don't say much of anything bad about MJ. You got a very one angled glance of MJ anyway.

You wanna hear a strong take from me, I think Bruce Swedien deserves more credit than Quincy. Not because of skin color, but because of contribution. Bruce was integral to MJs entire adult career and QJ is pretty overblown at times. And yet all of them together helped make it what it is. I'm not just speaking "woke", I simply say the truth is what matters most.

And Lionel Richie had nothing to do with MJ throughout his life. JT especially, if anything was a huge blight on the Jackson family. I still enjoy his music though. But literally he has nothing over any other contemporary successor artist.

White people doing Disco, Rap, R'n'B would have had the same issues obviously, they still do
And no, they really don't: Jon B, Robin Thicke, JT, Beastie Boys, Eminem, Bee Gees

Not hearing any issues for they in particular.

Anyway, maybe Branca is too busy fighting the Illuminati to release this documentary. They no doubt have their hands full with the evil powers that be.

Sit Behind The Mask

And you Control Your World

Anyway, maybe Branca is too busy fighting the Illuminati to release this documentary. They no doubt have their hands full with the evil powers that be.

Sit Behind The Mask

The estate said that they never mentioned a release timeline! So it's just us fans making stuff up as usual.

The estate said that they never mentioned a release timeline! So it's just us fans making stuff up as usual.
Ahh, stupid idiot fans! They should be glad the estate stoops down for us.

I mean when have they ever had a good idea? Except that guy who doesn't care about concerts, that's award winning genius actually.

Sit Behind The Mask

But wtf is the illuminate afraid of at this point....mj is gone...tf more can they be afraid of?? Good 4k quality? none of this makes sense. Not you...the estate!

Horrible takes aside, this doc should have been shot, edited and released the same time as the album. The estate did the same for OTW & Bad25. Watch them edit out any victory tour footage so we dont ask for a HD release lol
Lmao we still want a 4k concert. We've never gotten anything we've asked for.

Horrible takes aside, this doc should have been shot, edited and released the same time as the album. The estate did the same for OTW & Bad25. Watch them edit out any victory tour footage so we dont ask for a HD release lol

the moment they knew T40 was coming, they should've been editing the documentary to be released the same time as the album. To release it later this year just doesn't make any sense

here lads, back on topic lmfao. i wonder why they didnt put more demos of tracks we already have on thriller 40, like dont matter to me, much too soon or the og demo to this is it?

I agree that when it came to concerts MJ was too repetitive, if you've seen one concert you've basically seen it all. I don't get the hype for more concerts when the difference between tours comes to band and outfits mostly. I don't say anything about that or else I'll get shit on too lol.

I mean burn all concerts how silly haha

I've said on here before that I'm not all that interested in MJ as a live performer at this point, his concerts are pretty rehearsed so there's not really many differences apart from a few exceptions. Maybe once in a while I'll watch one and if a Bad show is released in HD I'll probably buy it, but I'm mainly interested in the music at this stage.

here lads, back on topic lmfao. i wonder why they didnt put more demos of tracks we already have on thriller 40, like dont matter to me, much too soon or the og demo to this is it?
Because they are officially claimed to be Post Thriller. Even though they're actually from 1980... Or at least initially they were.

I've said on here before that I'm not all that interested in MJ as a live performer at this point, his concerts are pretty rehearsed so there's not really many differences apart from a few exceptions. Maybe once in a while I'll watch one and if a Bad show is released in HD I'll probably buy it, but I'm mainly interested in the music at this stage.
I'm the opposite, not that interested in demos of MJ mostly mumbling lyrics or chewing gum. I want to see is the greatest entertainer that ever lived in the best possible quality and in the largest quantity possible, from his humble beginnings to him selling out giant stadiums with people:love:. If they released different boxsets of all of his tours I would buy them all immediately! But we are all different.

Maybe an exception would be following the evolution of a song from it's very inception until it's finished. For example I would love to hear/see MJ's genius at work in the studio and making his vision of a song become the masterpiece he envisioned in his mind, it would be like watching a flower growing from a seed until it becomes a beautiful flower.

If they released different boxsets of all of his tours I would buy them all immediately! But we are all different.
Nah, there should definitely be one of each concert available. No one is arguing that. Destiny-HIStory, I'd like to see it all. And even after, his final performances in 2001 and 2002.

It's just, how many Bad tours and Dangerous tours is the average person gonna watch? About 1 or two before giving up, and usually only their favorites.

i'd imagine a boxset of like 1 show from each leg of a tour, so we'd get 1 of destiny and victory, 3 of Bad, 2 of dangerous, 3 from history, along with any one offs (like 30th, 2002 and what more can i give concert).

The only Bad concert I want to watch is the one where Stevie Wonder is in, I heard somewhere that they performed Just Good Friends there, even though the concert is plagued by you-know-who.

Back