Thriller 40th Anniversary

Some music videos have been changed and are different from their previous commercial releases.

"Billie Jean" – unwanted specks such as a lightning bolt that pops up by Jacksons's feet during the dancing scene have been cleaned up.

What does this mean precisely? Just tape restoration? It's the SD version from Vision.
Delete

Some music videos have been changed and are different from their previous commercial releases.

"Billie Jean" – unwanted specks such as a lightning bolt that pops up by Jacksons's feet during the dancing scene have been cleaned up.

What does this mean precisely? Just tape restoration? It's the SD version from Vision.
The tape master has some artifacts from the film scan which had never been removed/fixed before.
If you'd like to know the exact spot where it shows up, it's on the second verse, the sequence where he does the toestand, before the screen starts being split.

The tape master has some artifacts from the film scan which had never been removed/fixed before.
If you'd like to know the exact spot where it shows up, it's on the second verse, the sequence where he does the toestand, before the screen starts being split.
Interesting.

Lmao a huge difference 🤣

just imagine what T40 could have been☹

F🤬 est🤬!!!

Today NPG Records and Paisley Park Enterprises, in partnership with Sony Music Entertainment and Warner Records, is proud to announce the expanded reissue of Prince & The New Power Generation's multi-platinum album, DIAMONDS AND PEARLS.

Featuring 47 previously unreleased tracks and over two hours of live filmed concert footage in high definition, across 7CD + Blu-ray or a 12LP + Blu-ray Super Deluxe Edition boxed set, available to order right now from the Prince Store Link In Bio.
#Prince #DiamondsAndPearls

F🤬 est🤬!!!

Today NPG Records and Paisley Park Enterprises, in partnership with Sony Music Entertainment and Warner Records, is proud to announce the expanded reissue of Prince & The New Power Generation's multi-platinum album, DIAMONDS AND PEARLS.

Featuring 47 previously unreleased tracks and over two hours of live filmed concert footage in high definition, across 7CD + Blu-ray or a 12LP + Blu-ray Super Deluxe Edition boxed set, available to order right now from the Prince Store Link In Bio.

Ok but I wanted Parade...

F🤬 est🤬!!!

Thriller 40 wouldn’t be anywhere close to this.

Thriller 40 wasn't anything special but they never promised anything special. Some people did just assume it'd be nothing but unheard of stuff. That wouldn't be it likely.

Their first mistake is doing the biggest era with the most songs with a collaborator, without the main collaborator. No Quincy tunes at all.

Thriller 40 wasn't anything special but they never promised anything special. Some people did just assume it'd be nothing but unheard of stuff. That wouldn't be it likely.

Their first mistake is doing the biggest era with the most songs with a collaborator, without the main collaborator. No Quincy tunes at all.
well, Starlight & She's Trouble were produced by Q

The description contains a link to the full video.

"Michael "Prince" Jackson Jr. takes Liam McEwan inside Michael Jackson's private home recording studio at the Jackson Family's iconic Hayvenhurst house. It was in this studio that Jackson conceptualized the "Off The Wall", "Thriller", and "Bad" albums."

1m 34s

When I first heard of T40, I thought it was going to be like T25, but I was proven wrong. The Estate had made little to no effort into the album art, most of the demos were just alternative/early versions of songs we've already heard, but NGL, I don't mind the demo version of P.Y.T, even Michael liked this version better than the normal version we know. (I think anyways, please correct me if I'm wrong)

When I first heard of T40, I thought it was going to be like T25, but I was proven wrong. The Estate had made little to no effort into the album art, most of the demos were just alternative/early versions of songs we've already heard, but NGL, I don't mind the demo version of P.Y.T, even Michael liked this version better than the normal version we know. (I think anyways, please correct me if I'm wrong)
T40 has better content, T25 has the better packaging.

Well, really they're both pretty mediocre anniversaries. Bad 25 was the only good one. Good, specifically. Only a Prince has great ones.

T40 has better content, T25 has the better packaging.

Well, really they're both pretty mediocre anniversaries. Bad 25 was the only good one. Good, specifically. Only a Prince has great ones.
Are you referring to Prince? Bro, he (for me) is like the off brand of Michael, but I do agree with you on the packaging, T40 does have better content, but T25 had a good setlist.

5 remixes and a song from Dangerous? Absolutely not lol. I like (most of) the remixes and I'm saying this.
Why would you support a terrible decision in MJ's history: AUTOTUNE!!! His voice is already perfect, why would you want to RUIN it with a machine??

I wonder if we'll hear any news regarding the documentary now (since Branca said it's set to come out this month).

did he say September?
Well, I've just checked the tiktok video and he says "this year" specifically, but I do remember reading his answer to this question somewhere else and he said September, but who knows. It's been almost a year since the original screening and also since T40 now.

I still hope we get to see the Thriller doc one day.

And for each day that goes by I really hope they do NOT name it Thriller 40th anniversary or anything related to that

I still hope we get to see the Thriller doc one day.

And for each day that goes by I really hope they do NOT name it Thriller 40th anniversary or anything related to that
Hopefully they will package in a full high quality Victory tour concert with it, but knowing the estate they probably will not.

Back