Thriller 40th Anniversary

I dunno if it’s “praise” per se, but it’s certainly important to acknowledge when they do the right thing. I think we get so caught up in over analyzing the mistakes that we forget that acknowledging the smart moves is just as imperative.

The Estate is doing so many great things these days...

The Cascio tracks are removed - the font get's changed - seems like they really do listen to the fans and our wishes and concerns. Great

The new version looks so much better - BUT I am quite sure when you buy it digitally or stream it, the cover will have the first design of T40 - like it's on the merch. - But still. They did listen and they did change it it seems. - I like the new version.
Doing great things.. by removing fake songs because they were losing the court case?

Adding a slip cover with the most basic design of all time to the original cover instead?

It's lazy and it's crap. How hard would it be to get a different shot from the original photoshoot?

I dunno if it’s “praise” per se, but it’s certainly important to acknowledge when they do the right thing. I think we get so caught up in over analyzing the mistakes that we forget that acknowledging the smart moves is just as imperative.
A crap cover replaced with a crappy basic sleeve cover?

Provided they do a great job of the remastering of Disc 1 and deliver quality content on Disc 2, I'm not too bothered about the cover.

It's progress that they acknowledged fans discontent about the cover in my book

Last edited:
Doing great things.. by removing fake songs because they were losing the court case?

Adding a slip cover with the most basic design of all time to the original cover instead?

It's lazy and it's crap. How hard would it be to get a different shot from the original photoshoot?

It seems that them doing anything that isn't spitting on fans or MJ is seen as something worthy of praise nowadays.

The first estate in history to be bullied online to the point they had to change the art of their next release. I guess the MJ estate is truly "the envy of other estates".
MJ fanbase be like:
swag-spiderman.gif

i think the design is quite good actually, if they came out with that first i feel people would have praised it, but alas, thats not the case.

It has a nice granite finish, and I like the whole window thing that is going on in the 0 (y)

Reactions: ssj
The first estate in history to be bullied online to the point they had to change the art of their next release. I guess the MJ estate is truly "the envy of other estates".
yes, I hope they are happy that the fans still care so much, even about the FONT!! They better up their game and release great content!

The estate after releasing fake songs after Michael passed away, shitty masters on xscape, a broadway musical, and stock photos on their social media.
You forgot some projects:

This Is It film in theaters
Michael Jackson the experience video game
Vision DVD set
Panini trading cards
Immortal world Tour
Immortal album
Bad 25 album
Bad Tour wembley DVD
Bad Spike Lee doscumentary
Pepsi cans
Michael Jackson ONE
Slave to the Rhythm hologram
Off THe Wall documentary
Michael Jackson Halloween cartoon
Scream album
Thriller IMAX

It's so easy to complain about the MJ estate, but they have produced some great MJ products/shows. It just seems that some people love to complain about anything.

Vision DVD set
Panini trading cards
Immortal world Tour
Immortal album
Bad 25 album
Bad Tour wembley DVD
Pepsi cans
Michael Jackson ONE
Off THe Wall documentary
Scream album
Thriller IMAX

It's so easy to complain about the MJ estate, but they have produced some great MJ products/shows. It just seems that some people love to complain about anything.
Can’t forget the hologram 😂 I wish we could.

Vision DVD set
Panini trading cards
Immortal world Tour
Immortal album
Bad 25 album
Bad Tour wembley DVD
Pepsi cans
Michael Jackson ONE
Off THe Wall documentary
Scream album
Thriller IMAX

A lot of these aren't something I'd use to praise the Estate.

One would normally expect a 'Thriller' album 50 anniversary release (in 2032), considering the previous 'Thriller' album 25 anniversary release (in 2008).

In any case, they also have to provide a multi-page booklet with previously unseen photos from the 'Thriller' era.
The first estate in history to be bullied online to the point they had to change the art of their next release.
No one bullied them.

The Estate simply did what a business company does: it takes feedback seriously before the official release of its products.

The Estate is doing so many great things these days...

The Cascio tracks are removed - the font get's changed - seems like they really do listen to the fans and our wishes and concerns. Great

The new version looks so much better - BUT I am quite sure when you buy it digitally or stream it, the cover will have the first design of T40 - like it's on the merch. - But still. They did listen and they did change it it seems. - I like the new version.
I dont agree at all regarding The Estate.....
And the Cascio tracks should have been removed 10+ years ago.....or even better not released at all.
Better late than never isnt good enough in my book ....in this case.

This Is It, Bad 25 (focusing on the demos, and ignoring the splendid loudness) , the Spike Lee documentary, Thriller IMAX, and maybe MJ ONE i'll give them credit for. The rest I don't see it as much to praise the estate for.
I guess it's good that you are not the person who decides what the Estate does.

Back