Thriller 40th Anniversary

You mean the old logo. Haha! They changed it back to the original. Very odd.

I assume it must be a mistake because it doesn’t really make any sense.
Perhaps the reworked cover was mistakenly made public by amazon. Considering T40's gonna hit stores in less than 3 month, I assume there'll be a press release soon.

Note also that the Estate abandoned plans regarding a theatrical release of the 1997 Munich HIStory concert after taking fans' feedback into consideration.
I think it could be HIStory 30 (2025) or any re-issue of HIStory album [if I guess].

And we're back...

61r8ZhTlnjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Of course.

But to hear them praised for fantastic work when that work includes *very* low quality short films, a poorly restored VHS tape & projects they had no involvement in (Experience, This is It & One/Immortal) is odd.
Exactly how was the estate not involved in those projects?

I will not buy the physical CD. I don't even own a CD player anymore...

I will no doubt buy it on iTunes - and hopefully the disc 2 will be good.

Exactly how was the estate not involved in those projects?
Because they aren't game developers, they only by contract took the profits on TII and Cirque were the show creators.

They might have their name on it, but the work wasn't done by them. Most of the time (apart from Halloween) that's led to much better projects.

Because they aren't game developers, they only by contract took the profits on TII and Cirque were the show creators.

They might have their name on it, but the work wasn't done by them. Most of the time (apart from Halloween) that's led to much better projects.
You expect the Estate to hire a bunch of developers if they want to produce a game? You expect them to hire acrobats to produce a show? Of course not. They have to contract with companies that actually do these type of things. But to say the Estate has nothing to do with them is far from the truth and I highly doubt you know what goes on in the back ground and what type of communications and information sharing goes on when these projects are created.

You expect the Estate to hire a bunch of developers if they want to produce a game? You expect them to hire acrobats to produce a show? Of course not. They have to contract with companies that actually do these type of things. But to say the Estate has nothing to do with them is far from the truth and I highly doubt you know what goes on in the back ground and what type of communications and information sharing goes on when these projects are created.
So, you're still giving them credit for work they didn't do.

So, you're still giving them credit for work they didn't do.
No you are assuming that the estate just sat back and didn't do anything. If you honestly believe the estate authorized a project and then did absolutely nothing to work on it, I don't think you understand how things work.

I give up. Why don't you all wait till full announced and available to purchase before moaning so much.
Why on earth would they show that new cover and then change it back unless someone was not honest.

I’m looking forward to the ‘thriller 40 focused activities’ on the 28th, that were promised on the official social media accounts.

I like the white margin on the cd case. everything looks bright and clean.

I’m just waiting to see the final product before I judge it properly. I am excited about the second disc in particular.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I have a feeling further info on this project will only be announced on Halloween.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I have a feeling further info on this project will only be announced on Halloween.
There is also an upcoming 'Thriller 40' TV documentary that is going to air in early December (2022).

Alex Gernandt (German Editor in Chief, BRAVO Magazine) made that announcement.

Alex Gernandt was close to Michael Jackson, and they were photographed together in many of the singer's video sets and award shows.

He also revealed that they are currently working on this documentary.

Alex Gernandt is about to reveal more information about this soon.

Perhaps a project that you don't like might actually be something that someone else likes?
Just because you think Breaking News was actually sung by MJ doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Feel free to like it though

The Thriller 40 documentary doesn’t appear to be backed by the MJ estate though, so it will be done independently.

It will, also, only be shown in Germany, I believe.

Last edited:
There is also an upcoming 'Thriller 40' TV documentary that is going to air in early December (2022).

Alex Gernandt (German Editor in Chief, BRAVO Magazine) made that announcement.

Alex Gernandt was close to Michael Jackson, and they were photographed together in many of the singer's video sets and award shows.

He also revealed that they are currently working on this documentary.

Alex Gernandt is about to reveal more information about this soon.
301387513_485240026939156_4735470837216646620_n.jpg

WANNA be startin' something??
Yeah sure!! Like shooting a #THRILLER40 TV docu special. # airing early December. More info to come. # Michael Jackson
Source: FB Alex Gernandt

Here he is to be seen with Mike

Alex-Gernandt_Bravo_Budapest-1994.jpg

I want a spike Lee doc.... more depth about the music & not the impact. Details... & I pray that disc 2 its not unreleased songs we've had over 15years like hot street etc....I want new songs like bad 25, I wasn't expecting free & im so Blue. I love those! Wonder why he never finished em

Back