Thriller 40th Anniversary

i mean we'll never know like, they still got one song released for Forever like.
A quite weak mix compared to the original song, if you allow me. The only remix in that album, by the way.

A mix they didn't like and didn't want released.
true, but they settled with it in the end.

but remember this was 8 years ago now, things might be different as queen is insanely popular now thanks to tv shows and pop culture as a whole.

I suggested releasing a song title a day/a week about 5 years ago on an album thread. It's weird to see that in a press release today

Still hoping for Behind The Mask and another new song

They are just copying what the Prince estate did with the Sign O Times super deluxe with the song a week announcement

Well there is supposed to be a press release today, let's see if it gives any details on Thriller 40.

Well there is supposed to be a press release today, let's see if it gives any details on Thriller 40.
it already went out a few hours ago, it announced 10 unreleased demos and 15 prev. released demos on a digital only release.

B19wcgY.jpg

Uhm, think you might have missed something in the discussion...
At least "Billie Jean (Long Version)" will be exposed to more people now, on streaming. The Long Version on Thriller 25 is the reason why I don't have the short/regular version, in my Apple Music library.

In MJ's case, I wish his music never leaked tbh. If none of the unreleased demos leaked the estate would have way more new material to play with. I dont think we need to compare MJs archive to Prince. MJ was all about quality>quantity. If he didnt think it was up to his very high standard it wasn't getting released. Lets also remember that MJ went through so much personally, that at times I dont think music was his main focus.

Lets also remember that MJ went through so much personally, that at times I dont think music was his main focus.
True,but Prince's life wasn't the most relaxed/happy thing either.
Especially during the Warner Brothers feud in the 90's,or the death of his son in the 90's.
Or the death of both of his parents in the early 2000's if I remeber correctly.
He still was releasing an album every year even during such times(and touring for most if not all of them)

So Prince's life is similar to Mike's it's what I'm trying to say (tho he never got accused of crimes,so he didn't go through that)

image.png

Someone from the discord told me this, I checked, he's right, if you look at the youtube copyright bot in the description of the videos of those songs, they appear as "track **" from a N/A album.

Dear MJ Estate, I'm furious
> : (

Further Proof
image.png

image.png

(I'm not gonna do all 4 songs, too lazy)
image.png

Dude Carousel it's Track 13 on Thriller 25th, if you check the same stuff on your phone it will render you to T25th track.

Just a Little update, if you check YT you're not gonna find Starlight anywhere

image.png

image.png

(I'm not gonna do all 4 songs, too lazy)
image.png

I doubt they made the changes this early on YouTube. It’s a bot, it needs input data. Data which isn’t made public yet.

image.png

Someone from the discord told me this, I checked, he's right, if you look at the youtube copyright bot in the description of the videos of those songs, they appear as "track **" from a N/A album.

Dear MJ Estate, I'm furious
> : (
Carousel is track 13 on the Ultimate Fan Extras Collectoon.

Sunset Driver is track 17 on the Ultimate Collection.

Too much of a coincidence so unlikely it’s anything to do with Thriller 40. I don’t think Got The Hots and Can’t Get Outta The Rain appear anywhere in those positions though.

Why do people keep talking about what the public have or haven’t heard. Does anyone else not care about that?

If the public wanted to dig into mjs deep discography they already can

Why on earth do some of you still wish for Michael releases. At the end of all this Michael is not with us, he did not think in any shape or form that he was going to die therefore a lot of the material you hear of etc is unfinished, without vocals , chorus etc. I have followed Michael since my teens, I am now in my late 50s he still has a timeless catalogue of released music that I listen to. I will welcome anything that the estate have for us, be it leaked better quality demos etc or brand new unheard material. I also want to see exactly see what is coming when it's fully released not go on here say. Along with seeing what projects run alongside the Thriller 40 album anniversary. 4k short films, plus the bio epic which is being produced. I wish Michael was still around but unfortunately he isn't so we have to take what rare nuggets we can get.

None of the other Thriller demos have track numbers, I’ve checked. So it could be true. How many unreleased stuff we getting? Or is the rest remixed?

Just wanna say that the fan-made versions of Behind The Mask demo are being copyrighted by Sony.

Last edited:
The proof will be if on the 12th September they announce Got The Hots as track 11. Then believe the supposed leaks

I find it somewhat suspect that right after the press release fans "know" the tracklist. Wouldn't they have leaked something sooner?

The titles of the ten bonus tracks will be revealed one at a time, starting after Labor Day
This means that after September 5th the titles will be revealed in bonus tracks.

If sunset driver, got the hots and even carousel is on this release i'm not gonna buy it. I'm just gonna listen (hopefully) to the unreleased songs I haven't heard. I'm not paying again for the stuff I already bought from them. They can go scam someone else.

Last edited:
Back