Thriller 40th Anniversary

HOWEVER, just to give you some small tiny hope they provide mostly unleaked songs it seems possible if they are doing once a week announcements and the only people that would follow these announcements are us hardcore fans. HOWEVER, on XSCAPE most of that album was already leaked songs we had.

2008 mixes????????? WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF! GOD PLEASE NO!! & old MEGAMIXES?? WHY IS THERE A THRILLER 40 ANYWAY.... why not dangerous 30, history 25.... I'd rather it have 10 unreleased bonus tracks THATS NEVER BEEN HEARD & 4k shorts....I refuse to believe the estate will actually use those horrible 2008 tracks. Now that I think about it. I haven't heard those tracks since 2008 & I don't care to revisit them. I will never understand why the estate do what they do. Because ain't no way. I'm so upset right now!
they're only on the digital expanded edition and not on the CD

Do we know if the original album and demos and remixes are being remastered for the release?
demos yeah, album idk maybe, remixes if they weren't previously released in the last 15 years yeah I think

Reactions: Dan
As much as people hate the 2008 remixes (and I'm not a fan of them either), the estate will always legitimise their existence and inclusion on Thriller-related projects given that it was MJ himself who was involved with them.

Guys.. i've got really bad news. If the estate releases what has already leaked on this and includes at least two remixes that means that means we will only have 1 brand new song.

Trouble,
Starlight,
Carousel,
Got the Hots,
Hot street,
Slapstick (hot street demo),
Nightline,
FIRST REMIX (MAYBE KYGO' SAY SAY SAY)?,
SECOND REMIX (Would be one of the hit singles like Billie Jean)
:(

I'm excited for the 10 unknown songs! I am expecting 1-2 unheard ones, while the rest are known, which to me is fine. It's more logical to release leaked songs that have not had any proper release, as long as we are getting at least a couple of unheard songs.

As for the 15 bonus digital release tracks, I'm just shaking my head. Actually laughed out loud IRL. So because Fergie and Will I Am were guests on the T25, they also have to show up on the 40th? Totally lame. Not only were their remixes the worst thing ever to be on an official MJ release (yes, MJ approved it), but they are just totally irrelevant. Should've just kept it to already released Thriller outtakes/demos, just original Michael Jackson stuff, but whatever... Had a feeling that list might be fake however. Seems to bad to be true, so I'll hold my thoughts for a second

2008 remixes not confirmed yet.. pls calm down
B19wcgY.jpg

Uhm, think you might have missed something in the discussion...

Question for everyone: When Thriller 40 is released, do you listen to the entire album from disc 1 to the end of disc 2 or do you skip to the unreleased tracks?

HOWEVER, just to give you some small tiny hope they provide mostly unleaked songs it seems possible if they are doing once a week announcements and the only people that would follow these announcements are us hardcore fans. HOWEVER, on XSCAPE most of that album was already leaked songs we had.
Yeah, that's why I said what they're doing is pointless if they don't have some cool stuff on there. General public won't be following this so who are they doing it for otherwise.

Utterly remarkable that people are now complaining that the Estate is putting the 2008 remixes on a digital-only release. The same people who were also complaining about remixes potentially being on the second disc, which has now been all but debunked.

No wonder the estate doesn’t do much lmfao. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

So because Fergie and Will I Am were guests on the T25, they also have to show up on the 40th? Totally lame. Not only were their remixes the worst thing ever to be on an official MJ release (yes, MJ approved it), but they are just totally irrelevant.
In addition to that, how about Kanye's "remix" of Billie Jean, which basically consists of the original song slowed down + beatgrid? LOOOOL

Utterly remarkable that people are now complaining that the Estate is putting the 2008 remixes on a digital-only release. The same people who were also complaining about remixes potentially being on the second disc, which has now been all but debunked.

No wonder the estate doesn’t do much lmfao. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Those remixes are too trash to be included anywhere

Yeah, that's why I said what they're doing is pointless if they don't have some cool stuff on there. General public won't be following this so who are they doing it for otherwise.
i feel like it could be possible they are doing once a week because they could laugh at us getting annoyed each week instead of only once if they revealed the whole tracklisting

Remixes co-signed by Michael that are part of the Thriller image since 2008*

To me it is anything but fine! Bad 25 had more than 1 or 2 brand new songs!!
I know, PurpleThriller. It's just that I have lowered my standard so much, that even just getting 1 unheard song from this whole 40th anniversary thing, will make me excited. Edit: Also, the old unleaked Thriller songs deserve to be officially released when it comes to re-releasing stuff I think.

AlwaysThere: AlwaysLives up to his username to AlwaysBeThere whenever someone voices his or her opinion which can be seen as being critical towards The MJ Estate

One person is complaining that I can see. And the other has given a valid reason as to why they don't like the remixes being included at all. Let's not try to act like two people on here complaining about the remixes means the estate should never release anything. Really tired of this argument as it makes literally no sense.

I'm happy it seems they are including remixes in the deluxe digital version only. It makes sense and keeps remixes off of the actual disc. Although we still don't know if there will be one or two remixes on the disc (hopefully not).

Back