Thriller 40th Anniversary

I Think Dangerous could have hit even harder had it been released maybe 1989 or as the first release in the 90's. - Sell the album 00:01 January 1st 1990.

But Dangerous still had momentum going and a huge tour when the false all-destroying allegations hit...

Had it not been for those stupid and false allegations everything would have looked a lot different. Maybe more tour dates, more singles - maybe even one more musicvideo, who knows...
Allegations destroyed MJ's career, that's for sure, but even before the allegations, that JPG design on stage with a thonglike outfit didn't help. It was ridiculous after all that buckles era. I was standing in the first row watching MJ dancing on JAM and WBSS with that thong thing. I was so disappointed. I wanted so hard to see him in cool outfits such as in Thriller or Bad era, but no, JPG knows best. Ahem...

Allegations destroyed MJ's career, that's for sure, but even before the allegations, that JPG design on stage with a thonglike outfit didn't help. It was ridiculous after all that buckles era. I was standing in the first row watching MJ dancing on JAM and WBSS with that thong thing. I was so disappointed. I wanted so hard to see him in cool outfits such as in Thriller or Bad era, but no, JPG knows best. Ahem...
The gold leotard (that he wore during the Dangerous Tour) was basically a fencing suit type of clothing design.

Michael Jackson appeared to be into the fencing sport in that period, and he even executed some fencing moves on stage during the Dangerous Tour.

In any case, that gold leotard made him look rather feminine.

The blue trousers that he wore during the 'Working Day And Night' performance (Dangerous Tour) were also ridiculous.

These blue trousers did not also match with the gold jacket that he wore during that performance.

The gold leotard (that he wore during the Dangerous Tour) was basically a fencing suit type of clothing design.

Michael Jackson appeared to be into the fencing sport in that period, and he even executed some fencing moves on stage during the Dangerous Tour.

The blue trousers that he wore during the 'Working Day And Night' performance (Dangerous Tour) were also ridiculous.

These blue trousers did not also match with the gold jacket that he wore during that performance.
80s outfits were definitely MJ. 90s were, meh...

with a thonglike outfit didn't help. It was ridiculous after all that buckles era. I was standing in the first row watching MJ dancing on JAM and WBSS with that thong thing. I was so disappointed.
I guess that's a matter of opinion 😛 . First row, Michael dancing in the gold fencing outfit, umm it's a dream :love:. Sorry, but I have to defend that outfit, even if that's the last thing I do. My life would be so incomplete without it!!

I like sushi. And you? :p
No more sushi for you! Stop derailing the threads with your dinner menus 😡

PS: In all seriousness though, can we please keep this thread as much on Thriller topic as possible.

. I was so disappointed. I wanted so hard to see him in cool outfits such as in Thriller or Bad era, but no, JPG knows best. Ahem...
it really looked like he's wearing some kind of babies diaper suit.

My first impression was, is he wearing a blue garbage bag?😁

I guess that's a matter of opinion 😛 . First row, Michael dancing in the gold fencing outfit, umm it's a dream :love:. Sorry, but I have to defend that outfit, even if that's the last thing I do. My life would be so incomplete without it!!

No more sushi for you! Stop derailing the threads with your dinner menus 😡

PS: In all seriousness though, can we please keep this thread as much on Thriller topic as possible.
Of course it's a matter of opinion. But if you had known MJ throughout the 80s with cool jackets, buckles, that single glove and white shiny socks, in your mind you can't trade all that with the golden swimming suit-like & thong outfit. That's just wrong, lol.

Of course it's a matter of opinion. But if you had known MJ throughout the 80s with cool jackets, buckles, that single glove and white shiny socks, in your mind you can't trade all that with the golden swimming suit-like & thong outfit. That's just wrong, lol.
Umm, well, I have seen the cool belts and jackets. I won't trade anything for the gold fencing outfit :love:. But I also don't expect straight men to understand that 😜

PS: look what you have done! Now I have to spend my weekend moving all these posts to the dangerous outfit thread 😡

I did know Michael all through the 80's. I'd trade all of it for the gold leotard. The leotard is based, as we all know, on a fencing outfit. Fencing, the sport of kings.

Other opinions are available, lol.

Umm, well, I have seen the cool belts and jackets. I won't trade anything for the gold fencing outfit :love:. But I also don't expect straight men to understand that 😜

PS: look what you have done! Now I have to spend my weekend moving all these posts to the dangerous outfit thread 😡
I was a kid back in the 80s, so it has nothing to do with being a straight man. I wanted so badly to have those jackets and similar outfit and walk around in them. I doubt kids would express the same desire for golden thong outfit to walk around in them.

I did know Michael all through the 80's. I'd trade all of it for the gold leotard. The leotard is based, as we all know, on a fencing outfit. Fencing, the sport of kings.

Other opinions are available, lol.
Then the tour should have been called "Fencing Tour" and not "Dangerous" :p

As a straight man, nah i prefer them gold pants from the HIStory Tour (and you know exactly why) :p

How many thriller unreleased songs MJ recorded we did not heard yet do u have informations !

How many thriller unreleased songs MJ recorded we did not heard yet do u have informations !
Quincy Jones spoke about 800 songs.

"…We went to 800 songs to do 'Thriller'…" (Quincy Jones)

Of course, these songs are in various stages of completion.

Quincy Jones spoke about 800 songs.

"…We went to 800 songs to do 'Thriller'…" (Quincy Jones)

Of course, these songs are in various stages of completion.
They may have gone through 800 songs, although I believe the number is grossly exaggerated, but it doesn’t mean Michael recorded them. It means Michael and Quincy listened to demos sent by outside writers before choosing a couple which they found strong enough.

I wish they launch an official brand for Beat It jacket in black for Thriller 40.
I'd prefer a replica of the knife that was used for the video shooting.

This would allow the divided fan community (pro vs. contra estate) to settle via knife fighting once and for all who's wrong or who's right.😜

This would allow the divided fan community (pro vs. contra estate) to settle via knife fighting once and for all who's wrong or who's right.😜
... Showin' how funky, and strong is your fight
it doesn't matter, who's wrong whoooo's riiiight 😩

Wanna be startin' somethin'?

Back