Thriller 40th Anniversary

Do you think we will finally get to see the Thriller 4K remaster video as part of the promo for this?

Do you think we will finally get to see the Thriller 4K remaster video as part of the promo for this?
I'm pretty sure about that, they already teased 4k short films, it would be nuts if Thriller wasn't part of it. I'm pretty sure we're gonna get it around Halloween!

No it’s not, just knock it off already. There is no person in the world that had a similar life to that of Michael Jackson. Everybody knows this so just stop it.
Even Marilyn Monroe had several aspects of her life similar to Michael's.("I'm generally miserable")
Nonetheless,his own sister Janet didn't experience the happiest of times after the first allegations about Michael happened in 93. She had a horrible time period between 93-97( or around the release of her album The Velvet Rope,which again wasn't the happiest of times for her)
And do I need to mention that Janet also experienced the horrible Superbowl backlash in 2004,followed by her brother's trial in 2005 and also his passing in 2009?
Claiming that NOBODY ever had a life like Michael Jackson couldn't be more untrue in my opinion,especially since you have Janet as the best example of someone who went through the same kind of stuff (since she went through it with Michael)
But also should I mention Latoya Jackson?Her career that never really became big? Her more than toxic marriage?The terrible behaviour of her abusive husband,which led to what she said about her bro in 1993?
Michael Jackson isn't the only celebrity who got to see that this world can be full of sh#t.

So when the announce the songs one by one, are they also going to release the announced song? Or are they just going to release all the songs when Thriller 40 comes out?

So basically the other disc is stuff like Carousel , Nite Line , Got The Hots , Trouble, everything we have heard for years. What a crock

image.png

Someone from the discord told me this, I checked, he's right, if you look at the youtube copyright bot in the description of the videos of those songs, they appear as "track **" from a N/A album.

Dear MJ Estate, I'm furious
> : (
I very much doubt the Estate have the other songs . They would not be allowed to release them . Either way this album is another money grab by the Jacksons

So basically the other disc is stuff like Carousel , Nite Line , Got The Hots , Trouble, everything we have heard for years. What a crock
There's still enough room for previously unheard/unknown tracks :)

Lets be honest, out of the 10 tracks, at least 8 will be tracks that we have already heard before. If people are expecting 10 never heard before tracks, then they will be disappointed. Majority of the Thriller era songs have sadly leaked online.

Lets be honest, out of the 10 tracks, at least 8 will be tracks that we have already heard before. If people are expecting 10 never heard before tracks, then they will be disappointed. Majority of the Thriller era songs have sadly leaked online.
And the 2 that are left will be remixes :ROFLMAO:
Nah but really, the best way to go about this is just... do not expect anything, that way you can't be dissapointed.

Last edited:
I don't mind having those songs if they're higher quality than the leaked versions. Carousel would be nice to have also if it's the full version and not the shorter edit from an older re-release.

I'll be withholding any judgements (and potential pre-orders) until the full track list comes out, however.

They won't be... because they will be remastered... So they will just be too loud.
Indeed, any gain in quality that we would get from the estate's official release of those tracks would just be meaningless due to how loud the remaster will be

I would love to know the average age of some of the fans on this forum now.
No disrespect but I don't think any celebrity alive at that time went through 2 serious accusations, the second one actually destroying the man. Yes people may of gone through it with him but they where not being personally accused.
I really miss Michael, I have a huge hole in my life which cannot be filled as I used to be excited for every whisper of new projects, appearances and when he was around I used to go and see him at his hotels.
Can we just be happy that we are still getting any music new or leaked( which really we should not have!l) I for one can honestly say I have not heard any outtakes apart from demos of carousel etc from Thriller.
It's just not the same without him.
There will never be another King of Pop.

2 unheard tracks should be the expectation, everything else is a bonus.

How many of Thriller's outtakes are technically unreleased? As in they haven't been released on any anniversary album or whatever
There were a good number of leaks for Thriller material. So, if those were included it takes up most of the disc.

Hot Street is the one I'd love to see, just to have it on streaming and on an official release.

Yeah I mean there must be at least 5 or 6.
Hot Street, Starlight, Slapstick, Trouble, Nite Line. I think all these have only been leaked haven't they?

It'd be nice to have them in better quality I guess

Maybe we don’t get songs we haven’t heard before but probably we will get different versions.

I think they could easily include mostly stuff we've never heard before. I'm sure there's some unfinished stuff that they can't use on an album, and I'd prefer to hear that stuff myself. Or if they're even slightly creative with their thinking they could include different versions of songs that we haven't heard.

Of course they are not going to do that as the Thriller demos haven't been released yet and they probably are not high quality enough to use on an album.

The next outcry of (whiney) fans will be when on Monday (Labour Day) nothing will be announced.
Though the press release clearly states AFTER Labour Day.

There seems to be a lack of reading comprehension cause everybody in here proclaims the first track will be announced ON Labour Day. Which is not the wording of the press release.

Nobody works on the holiday.
They probably will announce the first track on Tuesday. Just sayin’!

Tbh I'm totally cool with getting the infamous Thriller demos all in one place (Hot Street, Starlight, Nite Line, etc.) and maybe one or two surprises or unheard stuff. I do think my expectations are fairly realistic and I'm totally excited for that! :)

Though if they'll include something hilarious as, say, Billie Jean (Live at Motown 25) I'm gonna riot :D

The next outcry of (whiney) fans will be when on Monday (Labour Day) nothing will be announced.
Though the press release clearly states AFTER Labour Day.

There seems to be a lack of reading comprehension cause everybody in here proclaims the first track will be announced ON Labour Day. Which is not the wording of the press release.

Nobody works on the holiday.
They probably will announce the first track on Tuesday. Just sayin’!
Stop playing the smart one here!
Just sayin'!

There's no way all 10 songs on disc 2 will be unheard before.

I think some expectations are very unrealistic, surprise surprise.
Must I remind everyone here that we never heard any of the songs from bad 25 prior to its release
1.I'm so Blue
2.free
3.don't be messing round
4..abortion papers
5..price of fame
6.al capone
That's half already, the others were already out like streetwalker & the French & Spanish versions of ijcsly. A concert & what shty remixes out the whole thing. So I would at least hope they know that the other songs have been out for years although that wasn't the idea with xscape either. I was on a roll when I was typing but now thinking about his estate....I dont even know anymore

Must I remind everyone here that we never heard any of the songs from bad 25 prior to its release
1.I'm so Blue
2.free
3.don't be messing round
4..abortion papers
5..price of fame
6.al capone
That's half already, the others were already out like streetwalker & the French & Spanish versions of ijcsly. A concert & what shty remixes out the whole thing. So I would at least hope they know that the other songs have been out for years although that wasn't the idea with xscape either. I was on a roll when I was typing but now thinking about his estate....I dont even know anymore
We only got so many unheard songs on BAD 25 because nothing from those sessions had leaked before 2012...

Back