Thriller 40th Anniversary

The estate should release for Thriller40 official videos for at least Human Nature and Wanna Be Starting. We were promised 5 videos. I hope these are the other 2. A song, without a video, is half a project in modern times. All major artists, like Madonna and Elton John, all have official videos, for all their songs, even if not made at the time. MJ DOES NOT. Not expensive to make, editing creatively, say video footage , excitingly edited, from live premances or images at the time, to the radio version. Young people watch videos on you tube. There are none for thee songs. Video music channels do not play them. I fear these songs will have less impact , in the future, without an official video. It is crazy to think that the man and album , Thriller, which created modern Muaic video, has no videos, for three of the most well known songs of all time - WBSS, HN, PYT. Is it me this really bothers and upsets?

On Amazon not available. More and more. And best requirements to not get the Number 1 spot. Maybe even Queen's ranking will be higher.

The estate should release for Thriller40 official videos for at least Human Nature and Wanna Be Starting. We were promised 5 videos. I hope these are the other 2. A song, without a video, is half a project in modern times. All major artists, like Madonna and Elton John, all have official videos, for all their songs, even if not made at the time. MJ DOES NOT. Not expensive to make, editing creatively, say video footage , excitingly edited, from live premances or images at the time, to the radio version. Young people watch videos on you tube. There are none for thee songs. Video music channels do not play them. I fear these songs will have less impact , in the future, without an official video. It is crazy to think that the man and album , Thriller, which created modern Muaic video, has no videos, for three of the most well known songs of all time - WBSS, HN, PYT. Is it me this really bothers and upsets?
We weren't promised 5 videos. They are rumors. I don't think Estate has said anything.

For some reason Thriller on Tidal has reverted back to the old version. Also is it just me or does the 4K version of Beat It look slightly better on YouTube compared to Apple Music?

I wonder if there is a Vinyl and SACD for EU and one for USA?
And didnt someone say that there is a 2 vinyl release with the bonus tracks?
Japan looks like only having the 2CD release.

remember back in the day michaeljackson.com was a load of BS! never updated nothing on the site...nothing has changed!

For some reason Thriller on Tidal has reverted back to the old version. Also is it just me or does the 4K version of Beat It look slightly better on YouTube compared to Apple Music?

No. I dont think so. The itunes one looks a bit sharper. And the youtube upload only have the size of 345MB (itunes 743MB).

Thriller 4k is gone from tidal! What are the estate doing? Jesus, this whole thing is a shitshow

the Billie Jean restored video wasn't ready for this event?

haha, imagine that.
Dont blame them. Halloween came surprisingly early this year. Also, nobody could have seen the 40th anniversary of Thriller coming. Thats why they didnt have enough time...

For real: The 4k remaster obviously is amazing and seems to be done with skill and care. But come on: Was it really this hard to get everything done for halloween? They had years upon years to plan it. Also, at least doing a proper social media campaign would only marginally be more expensive than what theyre doing now.
A handful of fans could have written better info texts and even done interviews and stuff for free.

No. I dont think so. The itunes one looks a bit sharper. And the youtube upload only have the size of 345MB (itunes 743MB).
I saw some people say the YouTube file wasn't as large but when comparing the two the one on YouTube just looked better than the one on Apple Music for some reason (possibly less compression). For example at 3:42 the red logo on the cardboard boxes looks a bit more defined/clearer on the YouTube version and at 3:47 the black text on the boxes in the bottom right looks much sharper on the YouTube version.

I'm just pixel peeping tho and there isn't much of a difference on small screens.

Thriller 4k is gone from tidal! What are the estate doing? Jesus, this whole thing is a shitshow

4k on Tidal? There was only 1080p on tidal, and 4K on itunes. Or am i missing something?

Back