Thriller 40th Anniversary

Heeeeeeeeeey. I just caught something since i got off work & realized the medley on The end part of that Snippet "what a lovely way to go" sounds like the bridge part to "Heartbreaker" around 2:11

So does the HMV 2-LP version exist or not? So confusing.
I emailed HMV and they confirmed the vinyl version has two LPs but it's not an HMV exclusive. Could this mean that there is no 1-LP edition?
So much confusion 2 days before the release date!!

I emailed HMV and they confirmed the vinyl version has two LPs but it's not an HMV exclusive. Could this mean that there is no 1-LP edition?
So much confusion 2 days before the release date!!
Actually, I just noticed that now the HMV website says "1 disc" for the vinyl edition... :(

This entire project is ruined & im hurt & furious & this Damm fool is out here making tiktok videos? I can't even believe I'm actually crying right now because it's nothing I can do about any of this. John Branca (the estate) or whoever is ruining his everything & I swear I think they're doing all of this on purpose at this point. They hear us on all platforms! Smh....I can't!

Email from HMV:

Dear Fabrizio,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Unfortunately, it now looks as though Sony have recently updated what this version of the LP will entail. They have confirmed with us that this version will contain the following:

• Alternative Sleeve Version Of Thriller Album Vinyl Featuring the ‘Thriller 40th’ Branding.

• Audio: The Audio Remains The Same As The Standard LP

Unfortunately, it seems Sony has decided to remove the bonus tracks. Apologies. As such, we have updated our website to reflect these changes.

We can assure you that all prices are a direct reflection of the price that we in turn, have paid our suppliers for that product. If we are able to negotiate a special purchase price on an item, then this discount will of course, be extended to our customers, as you would have seen with our regular sales and promotions that we run in store.

I do hope that this helps.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Customer Service Team
hmv.com

Email from HMV:
Unfortunately, it now looks as though Sony have recently updated what this version of the LP will entail.

Unfortunately, it seems Sony has decided to remove the bonus tracks. Apologies. As such, we have updated our website to reflect these changes.
😲

Do Sony and MJE not communicate / co-operate with each other? At all?

Rhetorical question since it's not going to change anything. I just needed to vent.

That twitter page is cringe af.

Surely they would be spamming their twitter account promoting their new release of Thriller 40 instead of about the One show?

The account/picture should all be changed to Thriller 40 promo.

Why we getting random facts and info?

Guess they don't wanna earn much money.
I said the same a few days ago that they should change their picture and provide a link in their bio to purchase Thriller 40. That is what all the other artists do when they release a new album. That is basic promotion but the incompetent Estate can’t even do that.

I said the same a few days ago that they should change their picture and provide a link in their bio to purchase Thriller 40.
I remember that. So much basic common sense. Just not at MJE, it would seem.

I've been so hardcore about, 'oh, let me cut them some slack, let me give them the benefit of the doubt, they probably have loads of sh#t to deal with that I don't know about'.

I've run out of road on that.

That is what all the other artists do when they release a new album. That is basic promotion but the incompetent Estate can’t even do that.
Exactly so. I've said it before but it's Marketing 101. You can't control the competition you're up against - Thriller Challenge going up against Taylor and Rihanna, for example - but you deal with the stuff you can control. As you say, NL, basic promotion. You can't control the market but you'll never get a good result if you ignore the basics. There's no excuse not to do this stuff.

I remember that. So much basic common sense. Just not at MJE, it would seem.

I've been so hardcore about, 'oh, let me cut them some slack, let me give them the benefit of the doubt, they probably have loads of sh#t to deal with that I don't know about'.

I've run out of road on that.

Exactly so. I've said it before but it's Marketing 101. You can't control the competition you're up against - Thriller Challenge going up against Taylor and Rihanna, for example - but you deal with the stuff you can control. As you say, NL, basic promotion. You can't control the market but you'll never get a good result if you ignore the basics. There's no excuse not to do this stuff.
Tbh, I think the reason for lack of promotion is that the Estate don’t care about the commercial success of Thriller 40. Regardless of how well or poorly Thriller 40 does commercially, the original Thriller album is guaranteed to be a commercial success, as it charts regularly on billboard 200 and sells over a million worldwide annually.

I think their next big release is the biopic, which is still 2-3 years away, at least. They released Thriller 40 in the meantime, because they had to put out something and it’s been years since Xscape.

FhsJ7EsUoAA04OV

That twitter page is cringe af.

Surely they would be spamming their twitter account promoting their new release of Thriller 40 instead of about the One show?
that has got to be a joke! or maybe they have a robot creating those twitter feeds :unsure: . I can apply for media manager job, or maybe marketing manager!

Tbh, I think the reason for lack of promotion is that the Estate don’t care about the commercial success of Thriller 40. Regardless of how well or poorly Thriller 40 does commercially, the original Thriller album is guaranteed to be a commercial success, as it charts regularly on billboard 200 and sells over a million worldwide annually.

I think their next big release is the biopic, which is still 2-3 years away, at least. They released Thriller 40 in the meantime, because they had to put out something and it’s been years since Xscape.
I hope you are right! And there is some big strategy behind this, like what I said sometime back they are just testing waters with Thriller 40. Maybe that's what it is.

Back