Thriller 40th Anniversary

Yeah, I'd rather believe mkgenie than a random poster on Twitter.

For whatever reason, the MJ fandom has engraved in their minds that "SoNy Is BaD", just because of some misunderstandings Michael had with Tommy back then. And it wasn't even unilateral, both parties were wrong. Just because Michael said something at some point doesn't make it true. He had his flaws as well.

Fans just propagate this further and every mistake the Estate makes is blamed on Sony. As long as the Estate has full creative control over the releases (which they pretty much have), Sony is just distributing. So blame them for CDs being late.

Open your eyes people, it's been 20 years since then, it's not even the same management. While we have the same Branca in this position for quite a while.

For whatever reason, the MJ fandom has engraved in their minds that "SoNy Is BaD", just because of some misunderstandings Michael had with Tommy back then. And it wasn't even unilateral, both parties were wrong. Just because Michael said something at some point doesn't make it true. He had his flaws as well.

Fans just propagate this further and every mistake the Estate makes is blamed on Sony. As long as the Estate has full creative control over the releases (which they pretty much have), Sony is just distributing. So blame them for CDs being late.

Open your eyes people, it's been 20 years since then, it's not even the same management. While we have the same Branca in this position for quite a while.
The rumour for a while has been that Sony suggest things & ideas to the Estate often, who turn everything down. But, just a rumour.

Thriller was released november 30th.

Why is T40 not released on November 30th ? - is there anything special about november 18th? Or is it just a coincedence and close enough?
I do not care about the date, just curious if there are any thoughts behind the date.

I am looking forward to the Thriller documentary. Especially if it goes more into detail about the making of the album and studio footage etc. are used. There must be a lot behind the scenes from the making of BJ, Beat It and Thriller - but also rehearsals for Motown 25 etc.

I hope we get a lot of never before seen footage.

Why is T40 not released on November 30th ? - is there anything special about november 18th? Or is it just a coincedence and close enough?
I do not care about the date, just curious if there are any thoughts behind the date.
I've been thinking the same thing for weeks. It doesn't matter but it kind of intrigues me. They didn't go for a Halloween release - which I'm fine with - but they didn't go for the official 40th anniversary date, either. It's just a bit odd.

We should boycott this and the upcoming biopic. We all know it's going to be shit anyway

Is Branca going to be at any of the documentary screenings? Someone should confront him about the way he is running the estate. He's been getting away with this shit for far too long.

but Sony should have tried to clean Starlight up in the mastering or pressing process etc surely?

it's like they didn't bother.. they have to take some blame!

but Sony should have tried to clean Starlight up in the mastering or pressing process etc surely?

it's like they didn't bother.. they have to take some blame!
Looks like it's a bad rip. People down under saying there is no static on Spotify thank god.

hmm i do hope you're right. then i can delete all the rants i've left all over the place. i'm going by the Google Drive files.

unless Spotify have switched that version for the DAT leak?

just a thought

Is Branca going to be at any of the documentary screenings? Someone should confront him about the way he is running the estate. He's been getting away with this shit for far too long.

Maybe we could write a group letter, with some purposeful questions, find a way to deliver it but also widely publicise it so all the fans await the response.

Because music industry decided to change that practice.

The new global release day known as Global Release Day (or New Music Fridays) went into effect on July 10th, 2015.

This means that albums get an official release on Fridays, and not on Thuesdays.

It is interesting though that this new global release day reportedly originated from the American female singer Beyoncé who first released her 'Beyoncé' album on Friday (on December 13th, 2013).

Hi.
For those interested in this, I managed to find the leaked Qobuz 24bit/44k rip and ran it (the 9 original tracks only) in Foobar's DR meter.
The result is an average 9. It's a little better than Qobuz's Thriller 25 in 24/96 which scores an average 8 but it's probably very similar.
It's a matter of how music is listened these days : loud. I Think it's sad but to each his own I guess.
Personnally, listening my music on a Headphone setup, I'll stick with the original Japanese CD pressing (DR15) and the SACD version (DR14).
For those not familiar with what Dynamic Range is, I recommend to do some reading about it.

Hey guys,

I remember I saw MJ with the same pull in a documentary where footage from the studio were shown. Was it on Quincy Jones's doc ?

Fhwyh8HX0AIQPw4

Hi.
For those interested in this, I managed to find the leaked Qobuz 24bit/44k rip and ran it (the 9 original tracks only) in Foobar's DR meter.
The result is an average 9.
It's a little better than Qobuz's Thriller 25 in 24/96 which scores an average 8 but it's probably very similar.
It's a matter of how music is listened these days : loud. I Think it's sad but to each his own I guess.
Personnally, listening my music on a Headphone setup, I'll stick with the original Japanese CD pressing (DR15) and the SACD version (DR14).
For those not familiar with what Dynamic Range is, I recommend to do some reading about it.
I am sorry i have to repeat this again but, the original 9 tracks only ARE USING THE 2014 REMASTER, which means that the only thing that got remastered here was Disc 2 tracks.

Back