Thriller 40th Anniversary

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Thriller in the Ultra Disc LP Set or on SACD, we have an update on your order.

Due to stock delivery delays resulting from supply delays, your order has not yet been dispatched.

We anticipate that the stock will arrive at our facility in the coming days, and orders will be processed as quickly as possible.
We will send a dispatch notification email on the day your order has been dispatched via your chosen courier.

You can track the progress of your order in Your Account.

Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Michael Jackson Store Team

ITS A PRE ORDER - Surely you know how many you need

i received this email too.
but today, now the status changed to shipped.

I think that is a bit disrespectful towards The King of Pop, John Branca.

Especially considering he sung everything and wrote half the tracks on Thriller plus performed the moonwalk for the very first time at Motown25 during this period.

His vision for the Thriller video also cemented his place as a Pop Icon.
In his mind, Michael Jackson is Milli Vanilli, and he is the KING.

I came to the conclusion that all these anniversaries and special editions devalue the original 1982 product. Most of the added tracks don’t belong there because they are unfinished. There was a core of 5 or 6 (hotstreet, nite line, she’s trouble, carousel, got the hots) extra completed tracks that were in contention for the album in 1982. Those are basically all that was needed on disc 2 plus the extended versions of the already existing tracks on disc 1.
That's pretty much what Sony wanted to put on T25.

does spoitfy also have dolby atmos? where can i listen? i dont have apple music.

I don’t know if this has yet been posted, but an announcement is coming from the estate shortly

Keeping an eye on Twitter as we speak. Apparently the announcement is from Sony, not the estate. Hopefully about the 4K videos.
Yeah I find it weird that the Estate is not releasing a statement, but Sony is. Maybe they hope people will bash Sony instead.

SERBAN GHENEA AND JOHN HANES DID THE DOLBY ATMOS MIXES!? No wonder they sound phenomenal. (For those who don’t know, they’re the most sought-after and renowned mix engineers currently working.) Big ups to the estate/Sony for choosing them.
but why they didn't master CD2

The Youtube thumbnails of Thriller and Beat It say 4K now which is good but they use the old low quality image for some reason. They need to update them with the high quality ones they were just using.

Back