Thriller 40th documentary release date

mano

Proud Member
Just saw on Facebook it will be released on Halloween? Is this true?

I think we would have seen promo for it by now if it was due for an october release. I hope they’ve found a network to air it - which shouldn’t be a problem, since they recently found a distributor for the biopic.

this documentary is what I’m excited about the most.💜

In this article it says 'by the end of the year'. So, maybe
I got it from MJ Beats:

director nelson george said it would be released at the end of the year. probably to coincide with the anniversary of the short film. if the biopic is happening, then I’m confident this will. I can’t wait 💜

I just can't get how the estate is run by such idiots.. they keep making promises and break them short after.

T40 Documentary will be out January 2023 = they didn't release
T40 Documentary will be out October 2023 = they didn't release

I predict it wont be out before 2024...
how tf did they manage to delay it TEN MONTHS?

I just can't get how the estate is run by such idiots.. they keep making promises and break them short after.

Lmaoo

SOON = in 10 months = almost a year = lets decide then to not release it = check out our new merch its only 100 dollars a shirt made by our 12 year old photoshop-pro = we really listen to the fan, we hear you = we like if you give us free promo on tiktok = we never officially announced T40 Documentary = we removed the cascio songs just cause we dont want you to talk about, they are still real = we don't have any professional concert recordings = biopic coming-up

according to some fans, wasn’t it taj who said the documentary would be released in october? I haven’t heard the estate or nelson george promise that.

where does this october 2023 come from? He said this year

too late for a halloween-release now......

This whole project total disaster , but on the other hand did we really need this documentary and crappy Thriller 40 CD release anyway? It truly is up to the private buyers and collectors to help us out with the new material , now if only I had a few million dollars . I can but dream but as i say talking about dreams , the docu sounds a nightmare and pretty short and we pretty much know what is in it. Usual talking heads, miniscule footage of Victory tour ( in amazing quality which makes me want a Victory tour release even more as i think it is MJs vocal peak live).

From Billboard today
Thriller 40 debuts Dec. 2 at 8 p.m. ET on Showtime and will stream on Paramount+ (for Paramount+ With Showtime subscribers). The film will debut internationally on Paramount+ and MTV the same day. The film was directed by Nelson George and produced by Optimum Productions and Company Name. Colin Hanks, Sean Stuart and Jackson estate co-executors John Branca and John McClain serve as producers.

“There are two things in the music business: before Thriller and after Thriller,” journalist Steven Ivory says to kick off the trailer, premiering below.

The trailer navigates the album’s production process, the music videos, the Moonwalk (which Jackson debuted at 1983’s Motown 25 special) and the eventual world domination of the project and its musical mastermind.

“It’s the ultimate blueprint to modern pop music,” Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am says in the trailer. “If Thriller came out today, it would still be the greatest album ever made.”

Watch the trailer below, and check out the premiere Dec. 2 on Showtime and Paramount

Back