Thriller 40th documentary release date

At least we're still getting the documentary, it would have been better if it had been on thriller40 in 2022

I'm so in love with all the 4k footage. The Victory Tour should be released just like this in full in theaters. It looks so good in the trailer. Hate they reversed some footage & it looks like the last show in one shot at the end where Michael is about to moonwalk. I love the ppl in the doc BUT I DON'T NEED TO SEE MORE TALKING HEADS ABOUT HOW THRILLER INSPIRED THEM. I just wanna get to the music & tour & more new information about mj wanting to tour for Thriller but Joe had other plans... unless branca is just talking again & man...Dec 2?? Lmao we really waited since Feb just to hear it'll be out at the end of the year literally in December like maaaaaaan...đŸ€ŠđŸżâ€â™‚ïž...(let me thankful, let me be thankful) đŸ§˜đŸŸâ€â™‚ïž

(I heard it's only like 53minđŸ€š)

Oh man!đŸ˜«Oh don’t have Showtime and I‘ve already boycotted Paramount+!
DAMMIT!!!đŸ˜ĄđŸ˜€

For all I care they release something every year to celebrate thriller. It doesn't mean a lot if it is 40, 50 or 150 imo

What I am wondering though is, how can I watch it... I have no idea what show time is and if it is available in my country. So I'm going to get my eye patch, strap my wooden leg on and pirate this thing.

Billie Jean from the victory tour in Los Angeles in 4k is also mixed with SD footage from the legend continues documentary. And it’s not full. Maybe a 1min 30 if I recall. Beat It from the victory was extremely short. Human nature was the longest but also less than 2min.

Billie Jean from the victory tour in Los Angeles in 4k is also mixed with SD footage from the legend continues documentary. And it’s not full. Maybe a 1min 30 if I recall. Beat It from the victory was extremely short. Human nature was the longest but also less than 2min.
I didn't see any tgim footage in here either. & apparently we still have no HD bj😔

For all I care they release something every year to celebrate thriller. It doesn't mean a lot if it is 40, 50 or 150 imo

What I am wondering though is, how can I watch it... I have no idea what show time is and if it is available in my country. So I'm going to get my eye patch, strap my wooden leg on and pirate this thing.
It says it will stream on Paramount+ too - maybe you can stream on a free trial if you don't have it :cool:

Last edited:
for those who can’t see the video from the link
I love it already 💜💜I noticed footage of michael speaking that wasn’t previously leaked, as well as the ‘thriller’ dance rehearsal. can’t imagine what other surprises are in store for me đŸ€©so proud that I can claim that I supported, and believed in this project from the beginning. I personally don’t need anything else after. I’m so thankful this is happening 🙏💜💜

for those who can’t see the video from the link
I love it already 💜💜I noticed footage of michael speaking that wasn’t previously leaked, as well as the ‘thriller’ dance rehearsal. can’t imagine what other surprises are in store for me đŸ€©so proud that I can claim that I supported, and believed in this project from the beginning. I personally don’t need anything else after. I’m so thankful this is happening 🙏💜💜
I'm pretty sure we'll get 5-10 seconds of a clip & then longer on the talking heads. I don't understand why we can't just see mj in full bts... like tf. I just wanna watch all the outtakes. If rather just have a narration like "the legend continues" it should've been directed that way imo

I think login in here for 7,99 € per month. You can cancel the abo after that.

I'm pretty sure we'll get 5-10 seconds of a clip & then longer on the talking heads. I don't understand why we can't just see mj in full bts... like tf. I just wanna watch all the outtakes. If rather just have a narration like "the legend continues" it should've been directed that way imo
That's just not how documentaries work. That's an interview/music video.

Like, literally all documentaries do this. Even "The Legend Continues".

Anyway, it's nice to get some modern endorsements from celebrities. It's ok to love MJ and it's nice to celebrate it. Not like we'll ever escape the people who insist that the film should devolve into confessing that he became a weirdo and a monster.

It's just such a confusing time

The high quality footage is gorgeous, and that’s about it. I don’t mean to sound unsatisfied, but the unreleased footage is the only thing that makes it worth watching, for me. I don’t personally need these people, many of whom were not even involved in making the album, to tell me the same well-known and oft-repeated stories. Hearing “he was a perfectionist” in every existent documentary about the man gets tiring after a while, even if you know how true it is.

Retrospectively, I feel like everything about the Thriller 40 release had a tremendous amount of potential and unfortunately it did not deliver. It could have been so much more. Firstly, it would have worked extremely well as a “Thriller: Deluxe Version”. The idea of a 40th anniversary in itself does not make a whole lot of sense, especially because you’ve had a 25th anniversary in the past and because you make a timeless album have an ephemeral anniversary, which most people will forget after two weeks. And I’ve said this before, but why not wait for the 50th anniversary and do something truly fabulous with the material you have available? Even the bloody title
”Thriller 40”. Uhm
if anything it should be “Thriller: 40th Anniversary”, like every other anniversary release so far.

The artwork was atrocious at first, and then became decent, but still not great. The new songs were nice to have, especially Who Do You Know and What A Lovely Way To Go, as well as the two high quality music videos. These were the few strong points with regard to the release.

Everything else: the time it took and will take until they will finally release the documentary, the fact that they included those 25th anniversary songs and remixes, the artwork, the title, choosing a director who has said some not-so-nice things about Michael in the past, the way they announced the songs, the fact that they did not even make a big thing out of the short films being in pristine quality, the fact that the Motown 25 performance is not on the official YouTube channel, the fact that they won’t release the Victory Tour on Blu-Ray and/or on streaming platforms, the fact that the vinyl only includes the original songs, but with crappy artwork, it was bad and made the anniversary unexceptional and frustrating.

That's just not how documentaries work. That's an interview/music video.

Like, literally all documentaries do this. Even "The Legend Continues".

Anyway, it's nice to get some modern endorsements from celebrities. It's ok to love MJ and it's nice to celebrate it. Not like we'll ever escape the people who insist that the film should devolve into confessing that he became a weirdo and a monster.

It's just such a confusing time
My thing is this... if you watch the otw doc, that ballerina girl is basically saying the exact same thing here

Where's he from, Belgium
“Viewers in the UK, Ireland, Austria, Germany, Italy and Switzerland won’t get the new service. Here, Sky and Paramount+ continue as separate entities, although Sky viewers can access Paramount+ through Sky receivers.

France, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus and the Baltic countries of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are also currently outside of SkyShowtime’s rollout area.”

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/sky-showtime-confirms-european-streaming-rollout/

Oh man!đŸ˜«Oh don’t have Showtime and I‘ve already boycotted Paramount+!

I don’t know if MTV is more accessible. If I get what they’re saying it’ll be shown there around the world that day

I have the channel to watch it. I will let you know how it is 😂

Back