THRILLER & me

laeticia.fr

Proud Member
This is a thread to share your memories related to Thriller Album, Victory Tour or everything happened in Thriller Era.

I cannot remember the day I’ve heard Thriller for the first time I cannot remember any circumstance of that day or my feelings. The same for Billie Jean. I didn’t really know Michael Jackson yet in Thriller era. :bored:

I moved to Paris to go to university. I focused on my studies. I hadn’t much time for leisure. I had no money. I hadn’t bought a TV. I didn’t listen to the radio. So I lived in a world there is no Michael Jackson. :read: :reading:

For example I loved "Torture" by Jacksons, but I believed it was Bee Gees. I loved "One Day in your Life," but I was thinking it was Karen Carpenter. :blushing:

As I became a fan at the release of Bad Album, I bought Thriller and Off The Wall after Bad. But I preferred and loved so much Bad album that I listened to Thriller and Off the Wall much less than Bad. :chillin:

I cannot remember when I watched SF Thriller for the first time. I can only remember at my first sight, I didn’t like Michael’s yellow eyes at the end of SF. My daughter didn’t like either, she was scared. :zombie: :horror :eek:

I'm sure I’d have discovered much earlier Michael if I lived in US. I really wanted to watch Michael's performance at MoTown 25. :moonwalk :brow:

Last edited:
That's a :punk: topic...

The MAGIC began for me in the Thriller era...

I was this too quiet kid of 10... Didn't have many friends... Didn't have siblings... Didn't have any passions yet... The world was a scary place... That was it...

I did listen to the radio and I loved "The girl is mine"... ONE of them called Michael Jackson had a wonderful voice but then I didn't knew WHO he was yet :unsure:

Then one day, I read a report in our TV magazine of a man they called 'The Angel of pop' and he was really cute. His name was Michael Jackson :wub:

So out of the blue, I watched a POP program as I used to watch only BBC sports and Zorro

The first time I saw Beat it... Something MAGICAL happened... I felt ALIVE and 'butterflies' swarmed in my belly...
My mum was glad I finally had a passion called "Michael Jackson" :wub: she now often 'regrets' it but that's the POWER of Michael hey...

So, I grew up kind of 'protected' in my room filled with Michael posters, music, vids, books...
I remember clearly that I could use my dad's HI FI system to play 'Thriller' on and I popped on those huge headphones and it kept me sweet...

Still to this day... Michael's music, videos, piccies, books... are the ONLY things that can keep me sweet :blush: or else I'm a 'ticking time bomb'...

Then one day, I read a report in our TV magazine of a man they called 'The Angel of pop' and he was really cute. His name was Michael Jackson :wub:

Oh ... :wub: that's goooooood :wub: so sweet :wub:
I never heard like this. Was it only in Thriller era? Maybe this would be since J5 era :girl_in_love:

Oh ... :wub: that's goooooood :wub: so sweet :wub:
I never heard like this. Was it only in Thriller era? Maybe this would be since J5 era :girl_in_love:

Well, it was the TITLE of the report in the TV guide though :angel:

:hello: I came back on this thread because what I want to write today is related to this era. :smilie_bump:

Yesterday I had a great time watching on YouTube 2 videos de full concerts of a great British artist at Wembley in 1977 and at Central Park in 1980. I always loved the atmosphere of this era symbolized by the desire for freedom, peace and love, filled with hope. :)

And I realised that it was the first time I had watched rock concerts on You Tube. Since the appearance of YouTube on Internet , I only watched Michael’s performances. :billiejean: I have some musicians of the 70s and 80s that I really loved, but I never thought watching them on You Tube, to me they are artist to listen on CD. :listeningtomusic

And just before falling asleep, I remembered that on You Tube, in Central Park in 1980, no African-American fan was attending the concert. Even people who were walking outside Park were all ‘white’, as if at the time there were no African-American in this corner of NYC. :no:

Of course I knew that this category of music was ‘white people’ ’s and ‘black people’ had their own music. So that at Jacksons’ concerts in 70s or before, most audiences was African-Americans. :mello:

From what I've seen on You Tube yesterday, in 1980, there were still two worlds in the USA. In the world of music, we had to wait another few years for Michael Jackson to unite these two worlds into one, for the beginning of a new era. :yes:

With this thinking, I was in an emotion. :angel: Thank you Michael.

Back