Thriller or Thriller 25

Which is the better Thriller?

• Thriller

Votes: 89 77.4%
  • Thriller 25

Votes: 26 22.6%

• Total voters
The original, no contest. I love For All The Time and The Girl Is Mime 2008 is kinda decent but the other remixes I hated them with passion.

The original Thriller, no doubt. For All Time was never worked on during the Thriller years, they should have used 'Nite Line' instead IMO. Got The Hots is incredible, should have been a worldwide single! and i do love the 2008 remix of WBSS w/ Akon! Michael's mature vocals are flawless and i'm just in love with the harmonies and everything.. makes me go wild with goosebumps..

^I was aware he worked on that track in that era and reworked again for Dangerous and probably finished in 2007. Got The Hots was included in the Japanese Thriller 25th edition if I'm not mistaken.

^I was aware he worked on that track in that era and reworked again for Dangerous and probably finished in 2007. Got The Hots was included in the Japanese Thriller 25th edition if I'm not mistaken.

Joe Vogel said it didn't have anything to do with Thriller, and Sony just threw it on Thriller 25..

The original Thriller for me. The songs are perfect just the way they are.

T25 - For All Time is woth it all !! - I really love that song!

Thriller. T25 was shit. For All Time & Got The Hots were the only good thing about that release

Steve Porcaro (co-writer of For All Time) confirmed during a Brad Sundberg seminar that it was written during the Dangerous sessions. He admitted he was confused when Sony called him for permission to throw it on Thriller 25, lol.

^I guess Sony or MJ didn't have more unreleased tracks to throw out, who knows. I'd have preferred having Got The Hots, Nite Line, Hot Street or even the full version of Carrousel released and leaving For All Time to Dangerous 25. Or having all the tracks I mentioned rather than those shitty remixes (that option would be unrealistic, I know.)

Original Thriller completely. The extra tracks on 25 were an insult to the originals. Funny how most of those artists on it are passe now. Fergie, remember her, I think more of the British women who was formerly the Duchess of York. Kanye West stopped making sense years ago and Akon has faded off the map. Also William or however you spell his name is also pretty much on the outer.

Thriller 25 is a reason why one should not mess with perfection.

I would love to hear the Thriller 2001 special version, is it any good? I ask as I have the Off the Wall and Bad special editions of 2001 and both are great with the interviews and extra features.

I would love to hear the Thriller 2001 special version, is it any good? I ask as I have the Off the Wall and Bad special editions of 2001 and both are great with the interviews and extra features.

Expect the same type of interviews. Quincy and Rod are equally as great. I'm sure you could pick this up easily on eBay?

Carousel is incomplete, but was a nice teaser for us when it was released! The Billie Jean Demo is very incomplete but so interesting as it shows exactly how many of the ideas for Billie Jean came at the beginning. Someone in the Dark is just amazing, obviously. The Vincent Price track is great to hear the additional verse.

It's definitely a must.

I always wondered why Michael did not give interviews on his all album. I mean it's nice to have interviews with Quincy and Rod, but it's Michael's album. Just weird.

I always wondered why Michael did not give interviews on his all album. I mean it's nice to have interviews with Quincy and Rod, but it's Michael's album. Just weird.

The thing I'm most annoyed about regarding michael is we have so little to go on in the lines of his opinions about his work. The fact there are no insightful interviews by Michael about his songs or albums is a crime. Sure, we have bits where Michael describes how he writes a song, but nothing along the lines of "Michael, regarding The Lady in my Life being cut- was this a case of you felt the song was too long, or that the verse/chorus didn't add anything to the song?"

So many questions about his flipping zoo and fair ground and no one thought to ask him why he he felt the need to write DS and release it.

The thing I'm most annoyed about regarding michael is we have so little to go on in the lines of his opinions about his work. The fact there are no insightful interviews by Michael about his songs or albums is a crime. Sure, we have bits where Michael describes how he writes a song, but nothing along the lines of "Michael, regarding The Lady in my Life being cut- was this a case of you felt the song was too long, or that the verse/chorus didn't add anything to the song?"

So many questions about his flipping zoo and fair ground and no one thought to ask him why he he felt the need to write DS and release it.

Ugh, this so goddamn much. You know, I don't think I've even listened to those interviews on the Special Edition discs, I'm way more interested in what Michael has to say than Quincy or Rod. It makes me wonder why he never actually gave any interviews for the Special Edition actually...

^So it seems but I hope we're wrong, Dangerous deserves a documentary better than Bad 25 and having better outtakes other than crap remixes.

Thriller 25 was pretty disappointing, it'd have been the perfecto opportunity to release The Making of Thriller in DVD.

Thriller 25 was borderline awful save for the packaging and For All Time.

The remixes marred forever the anniversary edition of 'Thriller'.

For me, the only thing I really liked about T25 was finally getting the Def Thrill remix of "Thriller" and the Four On The Floor (edit and full length) remixes of "Billie Jean" on CD.

Of course you had to buy the CD 3 times from different retailers to obtain all them as they were retailer exclusives and not part of the standard release! I'd held off on the Japan release due to the cost and was so relieved when "Got The Hots" wound up on some of the King Of Pop compilations as well. Love that track!

I can't really compare them, since all of the original "Thriller" album was included as part of "Thriller 25". I'm not a fan of remixes, but I did like the bonus track "For All Time", and Fergie's duet version of "Beat It" was tolerable. The rest of the added material pretty much sucked, though.

for me, the main attraction for 'thriller 25' was the dvd. it was the first time all those videos were together in one place, in their entirety.

I would have liked the will.i.am remixes had his raps been removed.. still, nothing can compare to originals - which were perfect the way they were.

in terms of 'thriller' re-release packages, I liked the Japanese singles collection that came out around the same time :)

Thriller. Absolutely hate those 2008 track reworkings on Thriller 25. Completely butchered some iconic tracks by reworking them with lesser 'artists'.

Back