Tickets for Jan/Feb 2010 on Seetickets.com NOW!!!!!

That's true, she should. She probably thought you'd give in after a while - just don't! Simple as ;)

EDIT: Just read ur post above. Thought so, mums are like that. Don't be upset at her, instead, reason with her. Try and come up with a solution, ie check train times, buses, hotels etc and come up with a plan. That way she'll know you've looked into it all and that it's perfectly possible. Don't raise your voice and don't moan at her. Also keep checking seetickets, and offer to be really helpful to your mum :) Hopefully she'll give in :)

Well when I was a teenager (not long ago lol) I worked for my parents over the summer - mowed grass, cleaned out pets (ok so that was my job anyway, they were mine lol), did the ironing/helped with cleaning, etc and if i had something specific that i wanted to do or go to, they bought that for me instead of giving me my pocket money. Maybe you could do the same, come to some agreement? Be ULTRA-helpful? Also leave it til after the weekend to talk to her about it again - that way you're less likely to end up getting frustrated with her. There will be more tickets/some left, don't worry.

Did this really warrant another thread when anyone who was after tickets was watching the ticketmaster / see tickets thread and it was being updated there.....o well...

Becca I'm really sorry to hear bout your mum. All I can say is listen to the advice, try to remain calm, and talk to her about it. I know its hard, but getting upset with her won't really help. Give yourself time to calm down, think about what you want to say, take a few deep breaths and try and talk about it with her.

She 'makes me want to scream' - see what i did there - :)

DOn't know if anything will help. And I don't know how to be ultra helpful - i always mess stuff up.

Did this really warrant another thread when anyone who was after tickets was watching the ticketmaster / see tickets thread and it was being updated there.....o well...

Becca I'm really sorry to hear bout your mum. All I can say is listen to the advice, try to remain calm, and talk to her about it. I know its hard, but getting upset with her won't really help. Give yourself time to calm down, think about what you want to say, take a few deep breaths and try and talk about it with her.

Whenever I think about it I start to cry so I don't know how I'm going to talk to her about it.

There are tickets there now sio I just wnt and told mum and she goes 'becca i dont think your looking at the reality of this can you imagien us 2 alone in london you dont know whats gonna happen with the swine flu and stuff he might cancel the concerts. How are we gonna get there?'

So I took that as 'your not going to the concert and thats it'

do people like makng me cry or something?? Why didn't she tell me this ages ago so I didn't waste my time looking for tickets?!?!?!?!

I HATE HER - I HATE HER I HATE HER :mad:

:no: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I wanna die of that stinking swine flu now ARGH

I also had a problem when it was general sale on Ticketmaster... :doh: My mum didn't allow me to sit at the computer in order to buy tickets as she thought that it was wasting of time. I am graduating from school this year and I have to prepare for my exams so she doesn't want me to be distracted. I'm sitting without tickets at all now... :( She promised me to buy tickets after my graduation, but I'm not sure if there's going to be any left at the end of summer. :no: :(

Whenever I think about it I start to cry so I don't know how I'm going to talk to her about it.

maybe you should wait a few days till you've calmed down maybe? OR what I used to do when I was really upset with my mum was to write it all down in a letter and give it to her if I was unable to say to her face how I felt calmly. I don't know if this would her with your mum though..

I seen 4 tickets for an August show go for £102 on ebay a couple of weeks ago, I was watching the auction til the end, I wish I had bid. I already have tickets for the 8th and 24th July but for that price it wouldve been a bonus!

mums just said '
i'm sorry ur upset - its not that I don't want you to go - we will wait and see nearer the time. I'm not prepared to book tickets for February just yet!'

mums just said '
i'm sorry ur upset - its not that I don't want you to go - we will wait and see nearer the time. I'm not prepared to book tickets for February just yet!'

Ok, I guess I can kinda understand that. Feb is still far away. Did you ask her what if you found tickets for a July show?

Mum thinks we're going to get lost in London or not be able to get a hotel or something. Why does she keep thinking of more excuses!!! I only need £70 more for the tickets aswell!! I am so annoyed :mad:

Mum thinks we're going to get lost in London or not be able to get a hotel or something. Why does she keep thinking of more excuses!!! I only need £70 more for the tickets aswell!! I am so annoyed :mad:

i know how you feel lol i am having trouble with my parents at the moment, not letting me go to anthor mj concert. Unless I pay myself which I cant because I have no money LOL I am even willing to give up college, to get a job

Would you be able to go alone? Then you'd only need llike £84 to go - thats what the singles were going for yesterday on seetickets!!

Becca, I'm sorry for you. But when I was about 13 I decided to go to a MJ concert and let nothing get in my way and bought 2 tickets on my own without telling my parents. I just told them I was going there. They where flabbergasted. I dind't care what they thought of it, I'd almost say screw them but I guess everyone's situation is different. You'll regret this the rest of your life if you don't and when you've grown older I'm sure you can laugh about the situation with your mom.

becca i dont think your looking at the reality of this can you imagien us 2 alone in london you dont know whats gonna happen with the swine flu and stuff he might cancel the concerts. How are we gonna get there?'
she clearly trying to make excuses. just call her out on it instead of trying to B.S u with excuses that make her look daft.

What, even if u raised the money yourself and bought their ticket for them, no-one else would go with you? How about friends at school, have they not got older (responsible) siblings who would accompany you?

Here are print screens of the letter I wrote:

dearmum1.jpg

dearmum2.jpg

dearmum3.jpg

dearmum4.jpg

dearmum5.jpg

dearmum6.jpg

dearmum7.jpg

And she read it.... and she said 'It doesn't change anything' so now I am not going downstairs at all. Not even for dinner my little sister (bless her) said she'd sneak me up some food. I'm not talking to mum either. She should of told me right from the start I wasn't allowed to go. I'm making a stand. I hate her!

Becca, this morning some tickets were selling for under £1 on ReadySteadyBid. I bid a few times for the tickets and were going to give them to you so you didn't have to worry about the money but I didn't get them, I'm afraid.

I'm sure everyone on here will do everything they can to get you those tickets.

:)

Thanks so much but mum doesn't want me to go to London :( Not giving up yet though. I'm not talkin to her until she says yes so.

Even if you don't have to pay for the tickets, she still won't let you go??

Also, just out of interest, how far away from London do you live?? You could get a bus back after the show if it's not too far and she's worried about the cost of a hotel etc.

Back