Tickets for Jan/Feb 2010 on Seetickets.com NOW!!!!!

Even if you don't have to pay for the tickets, she still won't let you go??

Also, just out of interest, how far away from London do you live?? You could get a bus back after the show if it's not too far and she's worried about the cost of a hotel etc.

About 2 hours

2 hours by coach?

It sounds like your mum just doesn't like Michael or maybe she doesn't want you to attend concerts yet. I hope she will comes round.

How about this for a plan then:

1. You get a bus to London and head straight to The O2 (there are shops and restaurants there, I believe that you could go to before the show)
2. Watch the show
3. Get a bus back the same night.

How about that??

I felt abit guilty so I wrote her this:
To Mum
I'm sorry
But no one apart from MJJC members understand how I feel right now. The reason I'm not speaking to you at the moment is because whatever I say is going to sound bad. Sorry. No one knows how much I want this. I just get a little crazy about Michael.... you may of noticed.
I will empty the dishwasher for a month and will try (see the try) and not talk about MJ as much. Hey can't make any promises though lol!
Love you.

Becca

This is what she said back

'
I do understand how you feel but that still doesn't change things. There are times when you're going to be disappointed about stuff but thats life!'

Oh dear Becca :(

I don't understand why initially (well, after some persuasion) she said YES and now she's saying no, no mother should be able to do that, lol.

I really do feel for you though, I'm not sure what to say to help. I think that you just need to keep explaining to her how much Michael means to you and how desperately you want to go :(

Well I've been crying for the last hour maybe that might do something?
Seriosuly I cant breathe im crying so bad - i dont know what to do now. ive been trying to be excited and happy for people going but now im so jealous :( (not in a mean way tho but ya get me)

Becca, what is your mums issue about you going? Is it the cost of the ticket... or is it that she just doesn't want you to go?

Out of curiosity, how old are you ?

Aw reading all this breaks my heart. I can totally imagine how you are feeling right now. And I know how much people here love Michael and what things like the concerts mean to us, people just don't seem to understand. When I was your age I was often convinced my mum thought I was going through some stupid phase, but here I am all these years later and I know she realises this now. If only you were a bit older! :( I wish I could help you Becca, but I don't really know what I can do. Don't give up and keep the faith.

Ok, heres what I propose... why don't all the people in this thread donate £5.00 to becca so she can get more money for the tickets. All we need is some donators.

Maybe when beccas mother sees how people are on the forum... doing that to enable another fan to go, she may see things differently.

I know a lot of fans, so im passing this message around to people... any extra support in here would be appreciated.

becca, do u have a paypal?

Noo guys please - you don't have to do that its a lovely thought and everything and i love you all but mum won't she won't accept money. :( I don't want to push her anymore tonight.

I'll give you some money too :) Only thing I ask for is pictures from the concert afterwards, hehe.

I mean.. I spend £5.00 easily in a week on random crap!! If I know that instead that money is going to help another fan see Michael then I'm happy with that! :)

Has your mom ever been to London before? I know it can be quite a daunting prospect as everyone thinks it's terribly scary.. But you have each other. And when I was 20 I travelled all the way back from London Victoria on my own all the way to the West Midlands. Most people there are so kind and helpful; it'll be a fun road trip for the both of you :)

ok ok ok...

here's what we need to do...

We all need to sit down in this thread, and put together a comprehensive plan of how becca and her mum are going to get from their location to london...and how to get to the o2 within london.

we need to clearly map out the journey and hotel possibilities, with allowances for problems.

your mum needs to realise that the venue is completely seated... crushing isnt going to be an issue. At MSG, Michael had security on EVERY ISLE, at each end! Children are allowed to go to the concert... if crushing was possible, o2 would never be allowed to be open again.

Security and safety measures at events like this have greatly increased since the Hilsborough disaster... with liverpool fc and sheffield wednesday

Okay.. I'm no good at mapping as I don't even know how I'm getting to London myself yet! Lol.

To save money though, I would advise to come back the same night. There'll be no safety concerns as there'll be hundreds of fans coming back on the trains that night. Plus, if you only live 2 hours away (in a car?) on a train that will take you about an hour.

well i'm very happy to support becca in going to a concert :) Bec, your mum's probably fed up of hearing about it now, and so is bound to say that she doesn't want you to go. Don't worry about it, just stay calm and don't mention him for a while. Be as helpful as you can (again without mentioning MJ) and try to be on your best behaviour. The best i think us fans can do is to carry on looking for tickets and hopefully once the concerts start we'll find some for becca at a decent price and she can bring it up again then.

Meanwhile though just keep saving your money Bec and help your mum out as much as you can :)

Apart from Thriller Packages, there's still Tickets available for 18th, 22nd & 24th February 2010 on SeeTickets.

I've just purchased BK 105, row V, seat 159 for the 24th.

Last edited:
i hope you get to go too becca .
good luck hun xx

Last edited:
Becca, although you say money is not the problem, it might be if your only remaining option is to pay Viagogo’s prices.

I would not mind at all donating money to help you see MJ in concert considering all the effort you are clearly going to. I really do believe you deserve to go to see MJ as you are such a good and determined fan and I would feel extremely sad if you ended up not going :( :( :( .

If your mum will not accept the money, how about us “donating” money and then you can pay us back sometime in the future. That way you would not really be accepting money as it would be a loan. We can even charge you 1p interest also to make your mum agree ;) .

Ok, heres what I propose... why don't all the people in this thread donate £5.00 to becca so she can get more money for the tickets. All we need is some donators.

Maybe when beccas mother sees how people are on the forum... doing that to enable another fan to go, she may see things differently.

Im more than happy to do this!

Becca, get yourself to the bank and set yourself up a current account! Im not sure if you need parents consent for this, don't think you do, but if thats the case, set up an account with the post office. Then you can buy the tickets yourself. Once you have secured yourself the tickets, you can work on convincing your mum bout the trip to london, or maybe the fact that you already have then will stop her from saying no..you never know!

ok ok ok...

here's what we need to do...

We all need to sit down in this thread, and put together a comprehensive plan of how becca and her mum are going to get from their location to london...and how to get to the o2 within london.

we need to clearly map out the journey and hotel possibilities, with allowances for problems.

your mum needs to realise that the venue is completely seated... crushing isnt going to be an issue. At MSG, Michael had security on EVERY ISLE, at each end! Children are allowed to go to the concert... if crushing was possible, o2 would never be allowed to be open again.

Security and safety measures at events like this have greatly increased since the Hilsborough disaster... with liverpool fc and sheffield wednesday

I'm more than happy to help, I live in london so I know the travel quite well! Becca where do you live exactly? Like post code?

Do it Becca! If you already have tickets there is more chance she will agree!

Back