TJ Jackson to be compensated by MJ Estate for Co- Guardianship Position

KATHERINE JACKSON
TJ Deserves $9k per Month
to Care for MJ's Kids
EXCLUSIVE

T.J. Jackson deserves $9,000 per month to care for Michael Jackson's 3 kids ... this according to MJ's mother Katherine Jackson.

Katherine just filed legal docs ... asking the court to sign off on her request to have the MJ Estate pay her grandson T.J. for his care-giving duties for Paris, Blanket and Prince.

In the docs, Katherine says she originally suggested to T.J. that he be paid more than $9k per month, but T.J. rejected the deal ... saying it was simply too much money.

In the docs, filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Katherine claims T.J. eventually agreed to $9k -- $108,000 per year -- which is roughly equivalent to the salary earned by the children's full-time nanny.

Katherine says the salary is justified because he spends an average of 300 hours per month caring for the kids -- taking them to various appointments, extra-curricular activities (karate, athletics, guitar lessons) and social outings.

Katherine says T.J. -- Tito's 34-year-old son -- also helps the kids with their school work and attends all school functions, including back to school nights and parent-teacher conferences.

A judge has yet to rule.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/12/kathe...michael-jackson-prince-blanket/#ixzz2NMSKqSIl

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif

I wonder if TJ flipped and got TMZ to remove that article away from their site as it is not there anymore?

"In the docs, Katherine says she originally suggested to T.J. that he be paid more than $9k per month, but T.J. rejected the deal ... saying it was simply too much money."

I don't believe this.

Is the $108,000 taxable? If not then its worth a lot more. I've said before that I'm glad that TJ is actively involved in the lives of the children, no disrespect meant but I think it's good that they have a younger legal guardian. I don't begrudge the money, this is a different world to that of us regular folk.

So it was KJ who wanted TJ to be paid, quelle surprise. And TJ telling her that her initial suggestion was "too much money" - LOL, please what Jackson would ever say anything like that?! :lol:

Does anyone really believe that he spends 300 hours a month with the kids? Really? When he doesn't even live with them and most of the day they are at school etc. That and the 3 hrs a day phone calls sounds like total BS. Most people on full time jobs work something like 160-180 hours a month, they want us to believe TJ spends 300 hours per month with the kids. Yeah right..... Only in MJ world.

But then again Katherine probably thinks all her kids and grand kids deserve to be paid a monthly salary by the Estate.

So it was KJ who wanted TJ to be paid, quelle surprise. And TJ telling her that her initial suggestion was "too much money" - LOL, please what Jackson would ever say anything like that?! :lol:

Does anyone really believe that he spends 300 hours a month with the kids? Really? When he doesn't even live with them and most of the day they are at school etc. That and the 3 hrs a day phone calls sounds like total BS. Most people on full time jobs work something like 160-180 hours a month, they want us to believe TJ spends 300 hours per month with the kids. Yeah right..... Only in MJ world.

But then again Katherine probably thinks all her kids and grand kids deserve to be paid a monthly salary by the Estate.

If he does spend that amount of time with them they should dismiss the Nanny.

I wonder where they need nanny if TJ is with them all that time, they go to school, and have hobbies + they have security to keep them safe? Nanny seems to be useless:)

I wonder where they need nanny if TJ is with them all that time, they go to school, and have hobbies + they have security to keep them safe? Nanny seems to be useless:)

and really, how much nanny-assistance does prince and paris need anyway... Prince is 2 years away from being an adult...

I hope the jacksons have done a thorough b/g check on tj and the nanny and all the other staff to make sure none have any debts and that their salary from looking after ppb isn't their only source of income, as otherwise who knows what could happen.

I hope the jacksons have done a thorough b/g check on tj and the nanny and all the other staff to make sure none have any debts and that their salary from looking after ppb isn't their only source of income, as otherwise who knows what could happen.

HA! as if they will do big check on tj he is a jackson after all

That sound more realistic to have 2. One needs to be with Blanket at home or where ever he goes if Paris or Prince are being chaperoned or assisted when they are elsewhere. Also TJ is not the babysitter/nanny persay.

He should earn his 100k by protecting paris from scum like caroline graham and stop them from being exploited. thats what a guardian would do

We know already this but there is the document attached if you want to read it.

NEWS/T.J. Jackson Granted $9,000 Per Month as Co-Guardian of Michael Jackson's Kids

Michael Jackson's nephew, T.J. Jackson, really stepped up after the pop star's tragic death in 2009.
Although Michael's mother, Katherine Jackson, was initially the sole guardian for Prince, 16, Paris, 14, and Blanket, 11, T.J. has (per Katherine's request) been legal co-guardian of the children since Aug. 22, 2012
Now, per the Jackson family matriarch's request, T.J. will be granted $9,000 monthly for the time he devotes to Michael's children.

DOCUMENTS: Read the court filings here: http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/JacksonKids.pdf

In a legal declaration obtained by E! News, Katherine, 82, estimates that "on average T.J. spends between 60-80 hours per week on matters relating to his role as co-guardian of the children." In the document, filed last month with L.A. Superior Court, she also points out that T.J. has a wife and three children at home and states that, "The amount of time each week he dedicates to his co-guardianship duties, is an impediment to T.J. pursuing his own career and other income generating activities."
It was Katherine who "originally suggested to T.J. That he be paid an amount in excess of the $9,000 per month that is now being requested." T.J. rejected this amount, "saying that it was too much, in spite of the fact that the proposed amount was just slightly more than what the children's full-time nanny earns."

Katherine said that "after a lot of convincing on my part, T.J. eventually agreed to compensation in the amount of $9,000.00 per month."
T.J. consented to his grandmother's request last month, and on April 13, this request was approved by L.A. Superior Court, which pointed out that T.J. "performs valuable services for the benefit of the children and that it is in their best interests that he continue to do so."
We're just glad to see Michael's children have a strong support system that seems to want the very best for them.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/409819/t...onth-as-co-guardian-of-michael-jackson-s-kids

Last edited:
Back