To Catlovers

It´s good she was rescued. The cat was obvious very scared after what had happened to her and I think it had been better to just put the food outside the transport cage and open the door and then leave the cat alone for a while.And cats use to have sharp teeth and it can be a good idea to use a brush or something when you first pet a new scared cat
Sadly the mans mother had an accident and she live in another country.
They traveled there to take care of her and her grandma took care of the animals.
This cat was taken by another volunteer ,was spayed and then released in another city in an area where there are many cats who are fed by volunteers. But you never know if she stays there.
I hope she will have a good life.

"ALL ANIMALS DESERVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE"
JUTTA TEWES 31ST DEC 1964 - 24TH NOV 2018
Jutta and Ioannis met at a stray animals event. They were saving and helping animals and decided to join forces to save as many animals as possible.
They had two animal shelters and would also feed and care for the strays.
When Jutta had to return to Germany because of serious health problems, she continued to try and get as many animals adopted as possible.
She did that to the very end.
As she tragically passed away, Ioannis gathered all the animals into the current shelter.
In loving memory of a truly amazing person with an enormous heart for the animals, when the shelter gained a social media presence, it was named "Jutta shelter".
Jutta shelter continues to save and help as many animals as possible, just like it did for so many years.
It honours the life's work and passion for animals in Jutta's heart and hopes to continue until all animals are able to live the lives they deserve, to live a beautiful life!

I loved watching Cream Heroes on YouTube, also Kittysaurus and Claire Luvcat on the same content. Claire you hear speaking in Korean and always have English subtitles in

♂️ DD, Momo, Coco, Lulu, Dodo and Toto

♀️TT, Lala, Chuchu, Nana

My favourites of these cats are Lulu, Chuchu and Lala.

Note: Nana are both Dodo and Toto’s mother.

The war in Ukraine is still going on and animals are suffering and it´s dangerous for people to help them

report from Soi dogs in the end of June

Since our last update in May 2022, four relief missions into Ukraine have been successfully completed by brave staff from our trusted partner organisation TOZ – Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Over 2,000 animals have been reached so far with vital food and medication supplies. If it wasn’t for these missions, these animals would have no means to survive.

TOZ was also able to implement a mobile mass sterilisation programme, which sees an average of 100 animals come through every day, accompanied by their owners and rescuers. Thanks to people like you, all these animals can receive basic medical care, vaccinations, food and other pet supplies such as collars and leashes.

Through their veterinary clinic in Poland on the border with Ukraine, their relief missions into Ukraine, and their mobile sterilisation and vaccination unit, TOZ have been able to help over 12,000 animals in need so far. It is not an exaggeration to say that without our precious supporters, none of this would have been possible.

Nowzad is a registered charity fund in Ukraine now.Their long-term plan is to support the care and treatment of animals in Ukraine by rebuilding local shelter facilities and supporting local rescue groups.They recently wrote they had to hire a big warehouse in Lviv to keep all the food people had donated.
There are many starving animals in Ukraine but the problem is to find ways as safe as possible to get to the animals.
Nowzad has a fundraising group in the USA
"The first auction opened yesterday and it is open to US residents only - there are some great items available and they are just waiting for your bids! "

It´s Ginger appreciation day.
In Jutta shelter in Greece they have several beautiful ginger cats including the curious blind cat Tom.His neighbors got a parcel and most cats are excited about it.
They have learned that there use to be cat treats in parcels and other exciting things.
I think I have been more excited than them when I've seen they have got parcels with cat trees. towels, blankets but they love it when it´s ready for use..

The 14 Animal Shelter Statistics and Facts to Know in 2022​

1. As of 2021, there are over 3,500 animal shelters in the U.S.
  2. Approximately 6.3 million companion animals enter U.S. shelters each year.
  3. Approximately 4.1 million shelter animals are adopted yearly.
  4. About 810,000 stray animals that enter shelters are returned to their owners.
  5. Roughly 52% of all shelters in the U.S. are kill shelters.
  6. Approximately 390,000 dogs are euthanized yearly in shelters.
  7. Five states account for most euthanasia deaths of animals in shelters in the U.S.
  8. Only 27 states have full bans on using gas chambers as a method of euthanasia in animal shelters.
  9. Four states still use gas chambers in shelters in the U.S. in animal shelters.
  10. Delaware became the first No-Kill U.S. state in 2019.
  11. Only 10% of animals brought to shelters are spayed/neutered.
  12. Roughly 25% of dogs in shelters are purebred.
  13. 7 million animals are killed due to overcrowding in shelters.I sign every petition I see
  14. In 2020, fewer cats and dogs were adopted from shelters or rescues than years p

It´s terrible that gas chambers are used to kill animals. I sign every petition I see against it.
This statistics doesn't say anything about how many cats are killed but I think I read it was over
500 000.
  • Americans spend over $2 billion annually on animal control, shelters, and euthanasia/disposal.
90 % of animals who are brought to the shelters are not spayed. I can guess that when the cats are mature and starts urine marking at home many owners take their cats to the shelter instead of having them spayed/neutered.
Or abandon them.
For several owners the problem can be they want to keep the cat but can´t afford to go to the veterinarian.

Flatbush Cats want to build an affordable spay/neuter clinic in Brooklyn.
A low cost spay/neuter clinic is one of the points in the no kill program and would make it much easier for both owners and rescuers.

Back