Tom Barrack & Rob Lowe @ Neverland Ranch

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Am I overprotective when I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable when I see outsiders filming at Neverland? You know, 'cause it was Michael's home?

As I understand it's a fact that they can't do anything with the ranch without the permission of the Estate, because the Estate owns half of Neverland, right?

Am I overprotective when I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable when I see outsiders filming at Neverland? You know, 'cause it was Michael's home?

As I understand it's a fact that they can't do anything with the ranch without the permission of the Estate, because the Estate owns half of Neverland, right?

No they can do ALMOST anything they want including selling Neverland, but depending on how much it sells for the estate will get some money AFTER Colony recoup their investment + interest.

CC OWN NEVERLAND NOW...THE ESTATE IS ONLY A MINORITY OWNER.

I think the estate owns the majority that is why it has not been sold yet. CC would like to do things with the ranch but the estate won't let them

Mike said he never wanted to live at Neverland again so it makes me wonder what he had in mind with it being that he still had a claim to it.

Mike said he never wanted to live at Neverland again so it makes me wonder what he had in mind with it being that he still had a claim to it.

While yes, it is true that he said it, it doesn't change the fact that the property is of historical value because of him and shouldn't be forgotten. His family (meaning his kids!) are probably the only ones who might be able to decode what should happen with Neverland.

My opinion only of course...

While yes, it is true that he said it, it doesn't change the fact that the property is of historical value because of him and shouldn't be forgotten. His family (meaning his kids!) are probably the only ones who might be able to decode what should happen with Neverland.

My opinion only of course...

Thats right. So what was Michael going to do with it? Rent it out? He rented out cows!

That's it....a Historical Momument....or what I am saying is that the majority of the property should be considered by the state of California as a historical piece of property and therefore should never be destroyed, but the children should have a say so in it. I that the Santa Barbara police and especially Sneddon "tainted" Neverland by their bombardment of it, but one day, and hopefully soon, Sneddon and Diamond and a lot of the original Haters will be dead and buried, and then maybe Neverland can be beautiful again. MJ said he would never live there again but he would visit it. Every sidewalk, the butterflies, the movie theater....all those things are history and they are ideas of a worldwide icon and should remain beautiful. Neverland was a magical place, and I don't see it as not-magical just because the uglies like Sneddon entered it and raided it. Everything dirty can be cleaned, and Neverland had a special beauty that only Michael could create. If Neverland is torn down it would be like rearranging the words and music of Billie Jean or Beat It.

Remember they tried to make stuff like Neverland key chains and stuff like that and the estate said no?

That's it....a Historical Momument....or what I am saying is that the majority of the property should be considered by the state of California as a historical piece of property and therefore should never be destroyed, but the children should have a say so in it. I that the Santa Barbara police and especially Sneddon "tainted" Neverland by their bombardment of it, but one day, and hopefully soon, Sneddon and Diamond and a lot of the original Haters will be dead and buried, and then maybe Neverland can be beautiful again. MJ said he would never live there again but he would visit it. Every sidewalk, the butterflies, the movie theater....all those things are history and they are ideas of a worldwide icon and should remain beautiful. Neverland was a magical place, and I don't see it as not-magical just because the uglies like Sneddon entered it and raided it. Everything dirty can be cleaned, and Neverland had a special beauty that only Michael could create. If Neverland is torn down it would be like rearranging the words and music of Billie Jean or Beat It.

Exactly!

I would draw a paralell with history here. Just because the Nazis for example invaded so many countries during WW2, it doesn't mean that those countries have lost some of their shine and beauty. Yes, it can mean that some people wouldn't ever live there anymore, because of bad memories, but future generations will look beyond that period.

Michael worked hard for that place, it was part of his personal legacy, away from the stage, an iconic place, where one of the biggest artists of the music industry lived. The authorities should protect it somehow.

On the side note, If we do believe in Michael's spirit still existing in some form, I would dare to say he'd like to see His place being visited by people in order to remember his great persona and thus keeping His memory alive.

just the thought of anyone but his children or mother touching neverland makes me furious. it makes me wanna turn into a tree hugger/protester and tie myself to the gates if they dare do anything to it.
neverland is everything michael represented and believed in. it was love,innocence and beauty. it was everything that is important and that SHOULD be important in the world. it got hurt just like michael did. but its still beautiful just like michael still was and is.
i feel like hurting neverland is like hurting michael. just leave it alone.
neverland was michael jackson's heart and i can't imagine it ever not existing.
i pray one day his babies will make it beautiful again.
those trees have seen so many smiles and heard so much laughter. its so heartbreaking to think about its abandonment....but neverland needs a chance to be alive again.

to me this interview sounds like he is thinking of selling it. he mentioned the words "a new owner" or something similar..

I AGREE 100% WITH YOU!!!!.
O.K. I got this link to work again:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1597468848&play=1

Seeing them sitting in front of Michael Jackson's Beautiful Neverland made me sick. :puke:
By the way Barrack can't sell Neverland unless the
Michael Jackson Estate approves it, and Rob Lowe is broke.

Last edited:

I completely respect and understand how you feel, but I'll never ever ever let the mistakes of others determine how I feel about Neverland myself. Michael created Neverland, put his heart and soul into it and as he said "Neverland embodies everything that I am.". The Magic of Neverland will never die just like the Magic of his art, his performances and his Legendary personality will never die. Whatever Michael created, it's Immortal, because he put his heart and soul into his creations, and no person or group of people can ever take away that magic.

I agree though, his children should have THE definite say of what happens to it..

Last edited:
Don't worry about it.
The only money Rob Lowe has is the money he got from
selling his Santa Barbara Mansion (He needed the money.)
Thomas Barrack's DEBT is up to his "Ying Yang".
They are both BROKE, and they are sitting in front of
Michael Jackson's Neverland Creation trying to get some
investors who will put their money into their "movie projects".

Michael Jackson has more creativity in his little finger than
these two "whatevers".

In addition when Michael's new music releases come out he
will generate more money dead than they can alive.

Prediction: The Michael Jackson Estate will buy back
Neverland and run it with the help of the State of California.
Tom Barrack is just trying to stick it to the MJ Estate by
demanding an extremely high money request to buy him out.

according to reports at the time mj was still majority owner whe he did the deal with colony. what was that new venture barack and lowe were going to do together? they were in london over the summer aswell talking aobut it.

all this make me sick regardless of who owns it etc. just feels like as normal everyones making money out of the 25th and p****** on mj grave as we say in the uk. talk about a nasty taste left in your mouth regardless of what mj wanted or was gonna do with the place pre the 25th. the 25th changes everything

003943384.jpg

003943390.jpg

003943351.jpg

Neverland%20Ranch.JPG

2609.jpg

2610.jpg

Latest pics

article-1197247-05938293000005DC-619_634x413_popup.jpg

article-1197247-05937F83000005DC-366_634x420.jpg

Neverland-Ranch-mj28.jpg

Neverland-Ranch-mj31.jpg

I hate the way that Neverland is being used like this. It will always be Michael's home, not a filming opportunity. To me that this is similar to someone setting up a film crew in my back garden. Its a home and yes what happened was awful and the police completely tarnished it but it is always Michael's home.

Don't worry about it.
The only money Rob Lowe has is the money he got from
selling his Santa Barbara Mansion (He needed the money.)
Thomas Barrack's DEBT is up to his "Ying Yang".
They are both BROKE, and they are sitting in front of
Michael Jackson's Neverland Creation trying to get some
investors who will put their money into their "movie projects".

Michael Jackson has more creativity in his little finger than
these two "whatevers".

In addition when Michael's new music releases come out he
will generate more money dead than they can alive.

Prediction: The Michael Jackson Estate will buy back
Neverland and run it with the help of the State of California.
Tom Barrack is just trying to stick it to the MJ Estate by
demanding an extremely high money request to buy him out.

I don't really appreciate your negativity towards Rob Lowe, what did he do so wrong?

Nobody will buy this from Tom because they won't have full control, only the Jackson estate can and I think that's another very clever business decision Michael made. :cheeky:

No they can do ALMOST anything they want including selling Neverland, but depending on how much it sells for the estate will get some money AFTER Colony recoup their investment + interest.

1 x Facebook page x 20 million fans x 2 dollars each = wishful thinking.

however, Jacksons are involved, "We're still talking with Jacksons about future of Neverland" - Obviously he can't do what he wants.

from what we know the estate is the majority owner of the ranch.

I hate the way that Neverland is being used like this. It will always be Michael's home, not a filming opportunity. To me that this is similar to someone setting up a film crew in my back garden. Its a home and yes what happened was awful and the police completely tarnished it but it is always Michael's home.

I do hope that Neverland stays the way it is and it should never, ever be sold and turned into something else. I know MJ was hurt concerning what happened with the police. It's just that MJ property is just sooooooo special.

to me this interview sounds like he is thinking of selling it. he mentioned the words "a new owner" or something similar..

Tom Barrack already said HE WILL SELL NEVERLAND when the economy picks up again.

He is aiming for 100Mil.

Colony Capital President Tom Barrack Jr. recently said he hoped to get $100 million for the house when the market recovers.

http://blogs.wsj.com/privateequity/...pe-fund-by-any-other-name/?KEYWORDS=neverland

As for Neverland, Nanula says it will remain a Colony asset, at least for now. Barrack has converted Jackson’s former amusement park into a series of gardens and is renovating other parts of the estate. He says he’ll sell it as the real estate market recovers, possibly for more than $100 million.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...erland-after-a-colony-fund-shows-60-loss.html

Remember they tried to make stuff like Neverland key chains and stuff like that and the estate said no?

Because MJ never sold the trademark.

Tom Barrack controls the property but he had not business trying to trademark the name. He did not buy the name, just the property.

Last edited:
oh I didn't know about that. thanks for the info... I hope the Estate will be able to buy his share back.

Back