Top Myths About MJ

Well here is one.... Michael Jackson is alive!

barbee0715;4169006 said:
Oh don't think anyone had this-happened also when he was in his late teens. He was going to have a sex change and marry Clifton Davis. (Many years before transgender people were really known and many years before gay marriage too).
I know it upset him. Never figured out how that got started except they were both very good looking and it seemed people wanted them to be gay.

YES, Barbee, I do remember hearing and reading about that old piece-of-garbage rumor very well. It’s the same stupid, ignorant rumor that started the false, negative perception of Michael, in the first place, and such rumors about his assumed private lifestyle persisted for the rest of his adult life; He never forgot what happened to him, and wrote about such negative perceptions in his autobiography, “Moonwalk,” many years later. You’re right, Barbee - that, maybe, one of the first times what has since turned into and become a huge political issue (under the name of “L.G.B.T.,” now) once started with one of the most vicious outright LIES ever told, about anyone. Michael was wrongly assumed to have been “Transgender,” long before such an “identification” even had a name, and falsely rumored to have “married” someone, before such so-called “marriages” actually became law. Hmm....The way the world is, these days.... Anyhow, I agree with your post, pretty much.

Long before his appearance and facial features eventually became more and more “androgynous” - due to cosmetic surgery and his wearing make-up normally associated with women - the media and the public were already making negative assumptions questioning, scrutinizing and speculating about, his personal private life - not based upon the way it actually was (in keeping with the moral values and deeply-held beliefs he had abided by, at that time), but based on outward, external, publicly seen and heard aspects of him, factors such as the sound, tone and pitch of his voice when he sang and spoke, his mannerisms and his “non-stereotypical” behavior. What some people gossipped and speculated about him couldn’t have been as far away from the truth as those rumors are.

^Get ready for the low key homophobia and transphobia if we're discussing this guys.

Well here is one.... Michael Jackson is alive!

b-but.... he's so OBVIOUSLY right there behind Paris!!!! /s

37E6823700000578-0-image-m-148_1472995613066.jpg

I am not sure if this lists myths or things that you actually believe to be true. I particularly disagree with MJ being "insanely jealous" of Prince and Madonna, but it seems to be a common myth especially among Prince fans. There was sure competitiveness between them but that was from BOTH sides. To call that MJ "insanely jealous" of Prince and Madonna is ridiculous IMO. He had no reason to be jealous of either.

Antoher thing I take issues with that people always feel the need to put a label on his sexuality. If he wasn't a predator or gay then he must have been asexual? Why can't he just be who he said he was? Why people always need to put their own labels on him?

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read and yes I read people believing this in all seriousness. And when people fall so much in love with their nonsensical, fully uncorroboratete theories you cannot tell them anything about facts like his autopsy proving point blank that he was not a castrato. And what do they even base this castrato theory on? The arguments I read were all fallacious or untrue. His voice isn't the voice of a castrato. While he was a high tenor, his adult voice is fully within the range of an adult male voice (it is tenor, not soprano). Also many members of his family seem to have a naturally high voice (see Jackie, for example), so it seems to be genetic. Anyone who thinks Michael Jackson's voice is a castrato's voice probably never heard a real castrato. Well, since it is illegal now to castrate boys to preserve their high voice of course there aren't any castrato singers left any more, but here is a recording of the last one.

Wow, thank you! I have always wondered what a Castrato voice sounds like. I just know some of todays counter tenors, but their voices have a completely different quality. While Moreschi totally sounds like a young girl / woman, counter tenors do sound like men with naturally ability to sing in a beautiful head voice. But you always hear they are men.

Like the wonderful Andreas Scholl ...

Last edited:
that he didn't have any genitals. my grandmother said this to me once when I was a kid (I have also heard it before and after), and I asked her, how do you know that, have you seen him naked? she just looked at me like she wanted to slap me :lol:

Last edited:
That in his trip to Africa in 1992, Michael could not stand all the smells and particularly that of unwashed Africans. He carried sweet smelling herbs with him at at all times and insisted on being siolated from Africans away from the cameras. He went straight to London afterwards and checked into a hospital to fumigate himself.

This rumour is one of the worst I heard, apparently he was very happy to be in Africa and loved mixing with everyone. MJ was proud of his African heritage and being made a chief in Ivory Coast really moved along with a tiny child in Gabon's whose only words were "Michael is love, I love Michael Jackson". Also MJ donated thousands of dollars there in development aid projects and felt happy he was there for a holiday and not just to sing, there was no concerts. The tour was a great publicity move as even today MJ is well known in Africa, yet many other big artists like Kanye West and Jay Z are not.
And the hospital trip in London was either for a throat issue or check up (He was about to embark on the Dangerous tour part one) or he had caught some infection in Africa.

The Clifton Davis rumour I remembered, one of those malicious urban myth rumours of the 1970s, no one took seriously, in the days before the net and TMZ, rumours passed word of mouth and this one did the rounds, as it came out about 1978 and all people knew of MJ was the child and adolescent, his adult pop phase had not really arrived yet and falsetto singing and high pitched voices were seen as the domain of the effeminate and the gay. Of coursewith the arrival of Staying Alive, disco, Prince and even the Rolling Stones doing falsetto in the late 70s, it became cool. In the 1970s too, people saw MJ as a soft victim then, as he was so softly spoken in interviews whereas his brothers were not. It's like some of the other daft 70s rumours like Gene Simmons having a cows tongue grafted on to his own and being a real demon. The best was the Rod Stewart sperm rumour, apparently Rod had sucked off 200 sailors in one night and had a gallon of sperm pumped out of his stomach.

The rumour was garbage, being started by Stewart's PA who was gay and bought a man back for sex in Rod Stewart's hotel and tried to have sex with the man in his son's room (The son was about 7) and Rod Stewart naturally fired him, the PA made the gallon rumour as a revenge shot. The rumour has persisted over the years and been applied to any artist not 100% heterosexual acting like Elton John and Liberace, also skanks like Britney Spares and Kesha. In fact the human stomach can not take more than 1/4 of a gallon, the average sperm discharge is under 4 millimeters, so you would need to suck off at least 1000 saliors to get a gallon of sperm. That would take hours at least, and some of the sperm would have digested by the time he had finished, also sperm is not toxic and would have no harm on the human body. So it is scientifically proven that such a rumour is false, yet people believed it by the boatload. The same goes for all the rubbish said about Michael Jackson.

That in his trip to Africa in 1992, Michael could not stand all the smells and particularly that of unwashed Africans. He carried sweet smelling herbs with him at at all times and insisted on being siolated from Africans away from the cameras. He went straight to London afterwards and checked into a hospital to fumigate himself.

This rumour is one of the worst I heard, apparently he was very happy to be in Africa and loved mixing with everyone. MJ was proud of his African heritage and being made a chief in Ivory Coast really moved along with a tiny child in Gabon's whose only words were "Michael is love, I love Michael Jackson". Also MJ donated thousands of dollars there in development aid projects and felt happy he was there for a holiday and not just to sing, there was no concerts. The tour was a great publicity move as even today MJ is well known in Africa, yet many other big artists like Kanye West and Jay Z are not.
And the hospital trip in London was either for a throat issue or check up (He was about to embark the Dangerous tour part one) or he had caught some infection in Africa.

I never heard of that rumour. That is disgusting and blatantly racist. Michael loved Africa and Africans loved him right back. SMH the media just wouldn't give that man a break. I doubt they could get away with such a vicious rumour about any other artist, let alone a black one.

The rumour has persisted over the years and been applied to any artist not 100% heterosexual acting like Elton John and Liberace, also skanks like Britney Spares and Kesha.

Uhm... OK :unsure:

And the hospital trip in London was either for a throat issue or check up (He was about to embark on the Dangerous tour part one) or he had caught some infection in Africa.
I'm sure that rrumor was just part of the campaign to turn MJ's own race against him, which sadly I believe worked for the most part at least in America.

The Clifton Davis rumour I remembered, one of those malicious urban myth rumours of the 1970s, no one took seriously, in the days before the net and TMZ, rumours passed word of mouth and this one did the rounds, as it came out about 1978 and all people knew of MJ was the child and adolescent, his adult pop phase had not really arrived yet and falsetto singing and high pitched voices were seen as the domain of the effeminate and the gay. Of coursewith the arrival of Staying Alive, disco, Prince and even the Rolling Stones doing falsetto in the late 70s, it became cool. In the 1970s too, people saw MJ as a soft victim then, as he was so softly spoken in interviews whereas his brothers were not. It's like some of the other daft 70s rumours like Gene Simmons having a cows tongue grafted on to his own and being a real demon. The best was the Rod Stewart sperm rumour, apparently Rod had sucked off 200 sailors in one night and had a gallon of sperm pumped out of his stomach.

The rumour was garbage, being started by Stewart's PA who was gay and bought a man back for sex in Rod Stewart's hotel and tried to have sex with the man in his son's room (The son was about 7) and Rod Stewart naturally fired him, the PA made the gallon rumour as a revenge shot. The rumour has persisted over the years and been applied to any artist not 100% heterosexual acting like Elton John and Liberace, also skanks like Britney Spares and Kesha. In fact the human stomach can not take more than 1/4 of a gallon, the average sperm discharge is under 4 millimeters, so you would need to suck off at least 1000 saliors to get a gallon of sperm. That would take hours at least, and some of the sperm would have digested by the time he had finished, also sperm is not toxic and would have no harm on the human body. So it is scientifically proven that such a rumour is false, yet people believed it by the boatload. The same goes for all the rubbish said about Michael Jackson.

Why the Kesha and Britney hate?
AFAIK Prince did many sexually explicit things on stage and sung many sexually explicit things, but I'm sure you wouldn't like if someone called him a skank.
I just don't think Kesha and Britney need anymore insulting.
They've both already been through so much, and I think that as an entertainer Britney is somewhat underrated.

Last edited:
I remember the Africa one quite well along with all those idiot rumors in the 70s-kinda the studio 54 days. The Africa one was particularly malicious and started by some high up in govt. there. As a matter of fact I read an article recently where he actual repeated it. I assume this guy was jealous.

Second half of post was kinda gross post tho. Skank? :(

mjprince1976;4169216 said:

MJ used to keep his hand close to his face most of the time he appeared in public during his life. His characteristic gesture was rather inherent to his idiosyncrasy (most likely due to shyness). So, this has nothing to do with what media reported at that time (that MJ could not stand the smell of the African people).

Also, there were various, untrue reports why MJ checked into the London hospital after he returned from Africa. According to one of them, MJ collapsed from the intense heat while he was in Africa so he had to be admitted to the hospital (personally, I find no grain of truth to it, as well).

Media also claimed that MJ did not want to shake hands with African people during that visit. But there are photos which prove that MJ shook hands with them while he was there.

I think that MJ wanted mainly to make a movie for his private collection, called ‘Return To Africa’, rather than using that trip as a publicity move.

some more..

* Michael and Janet being the same person
* Michael and Latoya being the same person
* Dave Dave being Michael Jackson
* E Casanova being Michael Jackson
... list goes on.

For someone so unique and world known there sure are a lot of people that can be confused for Michael lol..

PS great segue to this rumor... While all these people are rumored to BE Michael - The "white" Michael and the "black" Michael are two different people.. So Michaels NOT Michael but Janet is...

hahaha!!

Back