Top Myths About MJ

Most of the lies I've heard have already been mentioned, but I remember hearing he left the Jehovah's Witnesses after being hassled over the "Thriller" video. Later on, I learned he actually remained with them another few years, leaving after they complained about him using a Tommy-gun in "Smooth Criminal".

Interesting you say that, he definitely copped flack for it and that is why he put the disclaimer at the start of Thriller. I thinkhe stayed a bit longer, but was a drifter with religion. Michael always had a strong belief in God and possibly kept JW doctorine in his life. He may have been non plussed when Larry Graham made Prince a convert to Jehovah Witnesses in 1998/99 and Prince got very heavily into it, with him marrying a fellow witness in 2001 and thanking Jehovah on his albums and of course his 2001 album the Rainbow children was all for Jehovah and his glories. Prince seemed sincere, but MJ may have seen it as Prince copying him. Like Michael did in the 70s and 80s, Prince went door to door preaching the gospel and even irritating a Jewish Prince fan who was in the middle of a Passover seder.

And there was the rumour in 2003 to 2008, that Michael had converted to Islam at the urging of Jermaine (A fellow Muslim) and the Nation of Islam who became MJ's security during the trial. Also as MJ was spending time with the Prince of Bahrain and he was encouraging Michael to live there and become a Muslim with the name Mikal. It was all probably untrue and doubtful if MJ ever stopped being a JW or at the very least a devout Christian man, who always thanked God in his albums and speeches.

Another less substantative rumour, was that Michael converted to Judaism in the late 1990s, as there were many Jews in his circle, Debbie Rowe was Jewsih along with Arnold Klein his surgeon and possible father of his kids. Also MJ spent a lot of time with Rabbi Schmuley Boteach and he wrote a tell all book about it, also Mark Schaeffer was his manager in the early 2000s and it is likely MJ never considered Judaism and these people disappeared quickly during the trial, even though Debbie defended him roundly.

Religion is a big debate, but what we do know was how spiritual Michael was.

What do you guys think of the rumour that Freddie Mercury left the recording session with Michael after he brought in a llama? Someone brought that up to me a few weeks back and I said that often I hear Michael didn't like the supposed cocaine use by Freddie in those sessions either. However what actually happened was that both were simply too busy with commitments to meet up again in that era, and that Freddie himself said that in an interview.

Person retorted that Freddie likely didn't want to make a deal out of it publicly in the interview, how it was actually Queens manager brought it up on a DVD he watched or something.

Last edited:
I don't believe Freddie's manager, it seems he wasn't even there, unlike Freddie's personal assistant Peter Freestone. The original link isn't available anymore.

The first time I met Michael Jackson was backstage at The Forum in Los Angeles in early July 1980. He was at the Queen concert that evening and came to see the band afterwards. He spent time with John Deacon and they talked about ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ which Michael says must be a single. He also spent time with Freddie. He was 22 years old and was like an excited teenager. He had really enjoyed the show and was still ‘up’ from it.

The next time was a couple of years later when Freddie had been invited to Michael’s house in Encino, just north of Hollywood. We arrived at the house, having passed a security tower at the gate. We got out of the car at a mock Tudor mansion, bricks at the lower level, and white stucco and wooden beams above. Michael came to greet us with a big smile, obviously proud of his house. Before we could go in, he insisted we accompany him on a tour of the grounds. I will never forget Freddie Mercury walking through mud, wearing white jeans and white tenis shoes, talking to llamas! We were shown all the animales and taken down to a pond where Michael had swans. Michael had a real love for these animales and birds; they were part of ‘his family’, as Freddie’s friends were part of his.
Michael took us into the house. I don’t know how many rooms there were in it. I do know that Michael lived there with his mother, Katherine, his two sisters, Latoya and Janet, and there were rooms for guests should anybody stay over. As we entered Michael’s bedroom, I was struck for three things, that gave an insight to Michael.. All around the room, on the floor were his gold and platinum awards for ‘Thriller’. They obviously meant a lot to him, he kept them close, but he didn’t need to show them to the world, he didn’t need to show everybody how good he was. The second thing was the large terrarium along one wall containing his snake. Much had been made in the press about this favourite creature, and he was in Michaels’s room, but under heavy planks of wood kept in place with many bricks. He may have been a ‘friend’, but kept very securely. Third and last was- in the middle of the room was a king-size mattress on the floor.
Freddie asked Michael “where is the bed? you have enough money to buy one!” Michael’s reply “when I sleep I like to sleep close to the earth”,
“But we are up on the first floor!” retorted Freddie.
We were shown through many rooms including a film room which had a vast library of films where I watched one, while Freddie and Michael worked, joined by Janet. Another wonderful situation was when Freddie was in the toilet, Michael took me to his video games room and we played the early version of table tennis. There were two players, one black and the other white. We started playing and Michael was the one who pointed out that we were playing the opposite colours – “I’m playing the white and you’re playing the black!”
On the way to the studio at the back of the ground floor we were taken through the kitchen where we were introduced to Katherine, Michael’s mother. She was very kind and hospitable. When Freddie asked for an ashtray, she produced a jam jar lid, as no one in the house smoked!
The work comprised of a Michael track, ‘State of Shock’, which only needed another vocal, which Freddie happily provided. When they had finished it really only needed mixing, but sadly after this session time was the enemy and Freddie and Michael never had free time together, so Michael got Mick Jagger to put his vocal on this and it was released in this form.
The second one was a Freddie piece he was just working on at this time. There was a paino tune and Freddie had come up with a few words. Freddie sat at the paino and let Michael try the singing. Where there were no words written Freddie told Michael to ad-lib, which he did with words about love.
Michael then ordered in some food for us all. There were these large platters of cold meats, salads, bread, and fruit. We started in, but Michael wouldn’t touch any as he was a strict vegetarian at the time and would only have food made by his mother.
Work was started on a third track with a working título ‘Victory’. There was only one technician in the studio. There were no instruments set up and no musicians. Freddie and Michael worked in much the same way. At the start of a track they need a drum track to keep the beat, and then they add música and instruments to this. Michael had a clever idea for the bass drum beat. He and Freddie were in the control room with the technician and I spent 5 minutos banging a toilet door in perfect time!! Somewhere in Michael’s vaults there is a tape of me!!
The studio was a place of work for both Freddie and Michael, but watching them tu could also imagine two children in a play room. Both of them would throw their hands in the air and burst out laughing when either of them made a mistake, but it really was a serious business too. Thinking back now to this time watching these two masters of their craft were together in one place putting this music together, gives me goose bumps.

Who was Michael Jackson for me? I met a beautiful young man. He and Freddie had much in common. He was confident, and already an incredible musician and performer. He was a resourceful technician and a considerate human being. He never once treated me any differently than he did Freddie. He thought of others in situations even though it might have had nothing to do with him. In the few conversations I had with him, I got the impression that he had few friends. He was working almost all of the time and had many professional connexions and associates. Maybe he was already a bit lonely, having to have so much security at that early age, and having to resort to bringing indoors the entertainment anyone else his age could go out for. He was only 3 years younger than me, but still hadn’t grown up! He still wanted so many of the simple things in life to bring him happiness, but did find some peace with his animals.

Peter Freestone

What do you guys think of the rumour that Freddie Mercury left the recording session with Michael after he brought in a llama? Someone brought that up to me a few weeks back and I said that often I hear Michael didn't like the supposed cocaine use by Freddie in those sessions either. However what actually happened was that both were simply too busy with commitments to meet up again in that era, and that Freddie himself said that in an interview.

Person retorted that Freddie likely didn't want to make a deal out of it publicly in the interview, how it was actually Queens manager brought it up on a DVD he watched or something.

I watched the documentary where Jim Beach said that about MJ bringing in Llama. I don't think so as they spit and kick, so I wouldn't think MJ would allow llama in his studio in case his studio equipment gets hammering from llama:)

Last edited:
There's this one crazy ass myth that Michael was a castrato.
When I found out about this myth and saw people legit discussing it like it could be true I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I would follow his advice in this thread here
"Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on a tv screen, don't make it factual, actual"
There is very little that is 100% sure, but what I think.
The plastic surgery started as MJ did not like his nose and his brothers teased him about it and it looked like
Joseph's nose, so MJ had it fixed and this led to several more as the nose looked better and better with each one
and then he took it too far.
Michael did not like Joseph, because of his violence and brutality, along with his disrespect for Katherine, but he did
respect him, as he had a strong work ethic and wanted the best for his family.
Michael used to be close to his brothers, but got tired of their womanising and lifestyles, and the fact they seemed to lean
off him all the time.
MJ got hooked on painkillers after his scalp burning incident.
He was a perfectionist and was never happy with his own music.
He preferred to listen to classical music and often had it on the intercom at neverland.
Like me, he loved lie ins and would only get up early if he had too (Hence why he was late for court some days)
He was very childish
He was probably asexual, but not a paedophile or a sexual predator.
He could play keyboards and guitar, but not that well, still he tried but preferred to have other players on his music.
He was a shopaholic, loved buying collectables, antiques and toys and money burnt a hole in his pocket.
He was insanely jealous of other performers (Particularly Prince and Madonna) and followed their careers avidly.
I won't repeat all the other rubbish about kids and other gossip, we have all heard it a million times and its garbage.

I am not sure if this lists myths or things that you actually believe to be true. I particularly disagree with MJ being "insanely jealous" of Prince and Madonna, but it seems to be a common myth especially among Prince fans. There was sure competitiveness between them but that was from BOTH sides. To call that MJ "insanely jealous" of Prince and Madonna is ridiculous IMO. He had no reason to be jealous of either.

Antoher thing I take issues with that people always feel the need to put a label on his sexuality. If he wasn't a predator or gay then he must have been asexual? Why can't he just be who he said he was? Why people always need to put their own labels on him?

There's this one crazy ass myth that Michael was a castrato.
When I found out about this myth and saw people legit discussing it like it could be true I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read and yes I read people believing this in all seriousness. And when people fall so much in love with their nonsensical, fully uncorroboratete theories you cannot tell them anything about facts like his autopsy proving point blank that he was not a castrato. And what do they even base this castrato theory on? The arguments I read were all fallacious or untrue. His voice isn't the voice of a castrato. While he was a high tenor, his adult voice is fully within the range of an adult male voice (it is tenor, not soprano). Also many members of his family seem to have a naturally high voice (see Jackie, for example), so it seems to be genetic. Anyone who thinks Michael Jackson's voice is a castrato's voice probably never heard a real castrato. Well, since it is illegal now to castrate boys to preserve their high voice of course there aren't any castrato singers left any more, but here is a recording of the last one.

Last edited:
He had shrine for Elizabeth
He was taken (by who, I don't know) after releasing Thriller and replacement Michael took over.

I think my favorite one, the most outlandish and not to mention random myth is the hilarious: ''Michael Jackson had his eye-lids reconstructed" :hysterical: Its like wtf?! how random, why would he have his eye-lids reconstructed? what would he gain from that?! I mean, if he did, whatever it's his body and it's not hurting anyone else right? But he didn't so where an earth did that come from? It's so random! Makes me laugh every time.

respect77;4168714 said:
I am not sure if this lists myths or things that you actually believe to be true. I particularly disagree with MJ being "insanely jealous" of Prince and Madonna, but it seems to be a common myth especially among Prince fans. There was sure competitiveness between them but that was from BOTH sides. To call that MJ "insanely jealous" of Prince and Madonna is ridiculous IMO. He had no reason to be jealous of either.

Antoher thing I take issues with that people always feel the need to put a label on his sexuality. If he wasn't a predator or gay then he must have been asexual? Why can't he just be who he said he was? Why people always need to put their own labels on him?

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read and yes I read people believing this in all seriousness. And when people fall so much in love with their nonsensical, fully uncorroboratete theories you cannot tell them anything about facts like his autopsy proving point blank that he was not a castrato. And what do they even base this castrato theory on? The arguments I read were all fallacious or untrue. His voice isn't the voice of a castrato. While he was a high tenor, his adult voice is fully within the range of an adult male voice (it is tenor, not soprano). Also many members of his family seem to have a naturally high voice (see Jackie, for example), so it seems to be genetic. Anyone who thinks Michael Jackson's voice is a castrato's voice probably never heard a real castrato. Well, since it is illegal now to castrate boys to preserve their high voice of course there aren't any castrato singers left any more, but here is a recording of the last one.

[video=youtube;KLjvfqnD0ws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjvfqnD0ws[/video]

Respect77, I agree, pretty much, with your post, here. First of all, if Michael Jackson, himself, said what he said publicly, and revealed to the media about his own lifestyle (as to how he lived it), I’d much rather have taken HIS word for it, than that of some article in a tabloid magazine, a book written by someone who has absolutely no credibility regarding what he or she puts out for the public to buy and read; These so-called “authors”* (more on that, later, when I discuss the sound of his adult singing-voice*), “journalists,” T.V. broadcasters and online “bloggers” will use and purposely exploit Michael’s name in any way they possibly can, so long as there’s money to be made from such exploitation and deliberate misuse of it.

Both him and Prince were friends, to some extent; There was no rivalry between them, nor jealousy on either side. How he felt about Madonna, O.T.O.H., was a whole other matter and his personal viewpoint of her, but no rivalry or jealousy there, either.

As for that “Castrato” rumor, the fact that he was an Extremely High Tenor during his adult life - who, in my honest opinion, never “lost” his Upper Vocal Range completely, yet, expanded his Lower Range in his later years, to notes as low as “Eb2” - with a highly-trained Vocal Register of at least 4 Octaves, speaks for itself. I believe that Michael was able to still sing very high-pitched notes without his having to even use “Falsetto” a lot of the time, just as his voice teacher had said. Yet, he sounded quite “young” for his age (not fully like what an “adult” completely Male voice would normally sound like), and not necessarily like either one of the two genders. People have recently wrote posts online, wrongly assuming that he was a Castrato, and one doctor in particular (several years back), even had the gall to write a book stating his opinion on the matter, even though he hadn’t ever met Michael and had absolutely no medical expertise in anything concerning him. Here’s what I said on another board, in a thread discussing a topic about his voice:

First of all, the link....is nothing but the latest “new” version of a very old story. It’s an ancient piece-of-garbage rumor that has been circulating around the Internet ever since Michael had passed, and had probably been in existence (in some form, or another, only changing the circumstances of “who did what to him, when”) dating back to when he first came fully out of puberty in his late teen years.

Because of this type of speculation concerning his voice and how it eventually ended up having sounded like it had, everything from questioning his gender to negative assumptions being made about his personal life has been the subject matter of “tabloid” gossip.

This time, it involves a doctor; Though he may be quite expert in the field of medicine he specializes in, he absolutely does NOT have the medical training, expertise, knowledge nor understanding of anything - be it physically, mentally or otherwise, for that matter - about Michael Jackson at all, whatsoever, to base his personal opinion on (and, more importantly, not one single shred of solid evidence to back up such ridiculous, outrageous, far-fetched claims as he makes), regarding the subject matter of his book.

What this doctor was trying to promote, at the time, is not based on fact, but only states his views speculating as to what might have happened to Michael during his youth. The article posted on the Web site - a review of the book’s content - is factually wrong. Rather than bring the truth out, and come forward with it, the book’s author merely puts out a “new” twist on an old LIE:

“Was Michael Jackson Castrated to Insure his 3-Octave Voice?”

“A few years after his death, news linking late King of Pop Michael Jackson with abuse of prescription drugs made the rounds again, as a French doctor alleged that Michael Jackson owed his legendary three octave voice to chemical castration.

Alain Branchereau, an opera buff and professor of vascular surgery at Timone University Hospital in France's Mediterranean port of Marseille, told the French News Agency AFP that he discussed Jackson’s unusual range with colleagues and they deduced that the Pop Star might have been accidentally castrated through medications used to treat acne - a condition Jackson suffered from at the age of 12.

Experts say that Jackson might have used Cyproterone – a drug used widely for the treatment of acne in the sixties and seventies and until the development of leuprolide, cyproterone was one of the few drugs used to treat precocious puberty. It was also used in animal experimentation to investigate the actions of androgens in fetal sexual differentiation. Cyproterone is an anti-androgen, which works by suppressing the production of testosterone – the male hormone.

A 1966 experiment investigated a 'homosexual model' looking at the effect of anti-androgens on sexual behavior and preference. Speculations became rife that the prolonged use of the drug might have been deliberately inflicted on the then teen-star as a means of protecting his vocal assets. In the opinion of Alain Branchereau, Jackson had the ‘voice of a castrato!’ ”

With that being said, no Castrato would have been physically able to have hit the low “E’s” and “F’s” in the Second Octave, as Michael had, nor go as far up to at least the “High-F#6 Soprano” note - if he probably had the ability to go even further with his range in either direction - we‘ll never really know. The Video you posted shows a singer (Alessandro Moreschi) who wasn’t exactly the best example of what a Castrato voice sounded like, and audio recordings in the Early 20th Century were not great, either. No one can really use that recording, except to point out that Castrati existed long past the time when they first became popular and after that cruel practice was banned. We can only go by descriptions of what other people had said the best of them sounded like, because, we will never hear their voices.

Last edited:

I've heard that before, and it sounds nothing like MJ, yet some idiots will still swear that he was castrated. :rofl:
Sure, AFAIK it IS rare for a man to have a 4 octave vocal range, but Michael had one and he wasn't castrated to get it.

TBH, I believe that many people would believe a story about MJ being a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater in disguise if it ran for long enough.

Sadly, when it comes to most people, if they hear something enough it becomes fact to them.
For example, even after an autopsy proved otherwise most people still think MJ didn't have vitiligo and did indeed bleach his skin.
Some people are so gullible and stupid.

This is so true.
He sure didn't have a reason to be jealous.
Prince fans will talk about MJ being jealous of Prince when in reality MJ never took a dig a Prince and kept it classy because we all know how MJ felt about artists that would publicly insult other artists.
Prince however said quite a few slick things about Michael.

People constantly debating his sexuality annoys me to.
If he would've been gay, or bisexual I wouldn't have cared, but he told us he was straight, so he should be regarded as such.

Last edited:
GGVVGGCC22331122;4168786 said:
Respect77, I agree, pretty much, with your post, here. First of all, if Michael Jackson, himself, said what he said publicly, and revealed to the media about his own lifestyle (as to how he lived it), I’d much rather have taken HIS word for it, than that of some article in a tabloid magazine, a book written by someone who has absolutely no credibility regarding what he or she puts out for the public to buy and read; These so-called “authors”* (more on that, later, when I discuss the sound of his adult singing-voice*), “journalists,” T.V. broadcasters and online “bloggers” will use and purposely exploit Michael’s name in any way they possibly can, so long as there’s money to be made from such exploitation and deliberate misuse of it.

Oh my God, DDFF! Hello!

AlwaysThere;4168796 said:
Oh my God, DDFF! Hello!

Hello, AlwaysThere. I use a different Screen Name, on this board. How did you recognize me? WOW!!! I guess, we’ll kind of run into each other, sometimes, Huh? You use your same name, on two different boards. This discussion is getting GOOD, by the way....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GGVVGGCC22331122;4168786 said:

Both him and Prince were friends, to some extent; There was no rivalry between them, nor jealousy on either side. How he felt about Madonna, O.T.O.H., was a whole other matter and his personal viewpoint of her, but no rivalry or jealousy there, either.

As for that “Castrato” rumor, the fact that he was an Extremely High Tenor during his adult life - who, in my honest opinion, never “lost” his Upper Vocal Range completely, yet, expanded his Lower Range in his later years, to notes as low as “Eb2” - with a highly-trained Vocal Register of at least 4 Octaves, speaks for itself. I believe that Michael was able to still sing very high-pitched notes without his having to even use “Falsetto” a lot of the time, just as his voice teacher had said. Yet, he sounded quite “young” for his age (not fully like what an “adult” completely Male voice would normally sound like), and not necessarily like either one of the two genders. People have recently wrote posts online, wrongly assuming that he was a Castrato, and one doctor in particular (several years back), even had the gall to write a book stating his opinion on the matter, even though he hadn’t ever met Michael and had absolutely no medical expertise in anything concerning him. Here’s what I said on another board, in a thread discussing a topic about his voice:

With that being said, no Castrato would have been physically able to have hit the low “E’s” and “F’s” in the Second Octave, as Michael had, nor go as far up to at least the “High-F#6 Soprano” note - if he probably had the ability to go even further with his range in either direction - we‘ll never really know. The Video you posted shows a singer (Alessandro Moreschi) who wasn’t exactly the best example of what a Castrato voice sounded like, and audio recordings in the Early 20th Century were not great, either. No one can really use that recording, except to point out that Castrati existed long past the time when they first became popular and after that cruel practice was banned. We can only go by descriptions of what other people had said the best of them sounded like, because, we will never hear their voices.

A bit off.

Can you please change your fonts? It is extremely unconfortable to read this. I think you have been asked to change it by several people for the same reason (here and on another forum as well). I have to say I rarely ever read your posts because they make my eyes fall out.

Last edited:
A bit off.

Can you please change your fonts? It is extremely unconfortable to read this. I think you have been asked to change it by several people for the same reason (here and on another forum as well). I have to say I rarely ever read your posts because they make my eyes fall out.

Respect77, I slightly increased the size of the font, and going back to the original one I used, to make my posts easier to read. I went back and edited (by increasing the size) what I already had posted.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

I knew of that artist, Catsrato scared the heck out of me. They were apparently fashionable in the 1700s, when the falsetto voice was in favour with the courts and salons of enlightenment Europe. But the process was cruel and degrading, as they were emasculated as little boys and often so against their will. Usually the boy was of a humble background, and kidnapped or brought off his parents, and then he was emascualted treated well, but forced to sing. Becuase this would cause them to become more docile and less active, most got very fat and died quite young. Moreschi was apparently the last one of a long line, by 1900 the fashion of castrati singing had gone out of vogue and also the more enlightened Victorians and Edwardians, saw emasculating a boy so he could sound like a girl was degrading and sexist, especially as by 1900, female singers were more accepted and in vogue that they had been in the sexist 1700s.

Also I think most could only sing and speak with those voices, Michael Jackson as an adult could do a very natural deep voice and growl, most of the songs on the Dangerous album and later have him singing in the deeper growl (Scream is a good example) and I read somewhere that MJ also only did the falsetto for the cameras and in his natural voice was quite masculine sounding. Also lines used a lot like "Shamone" are clearly not falsetto but quite deep.

I know it wasn't you respect77, but whoever suggested MJ was a castrato needs their head read. There are many large masucline looking guys who have naturally high pitched voices like me, it sounds masculine out on my mouth, but when its played back, my voice sounds high pitched and squeaky, and believe me my balls are very intact. Also Prince was known for his falsetto (Which was better than MJ's sorry, and he was all man with notorious sexual conquests).

Castrati who did not succeed, also could have another role, many ended up in Turkey and the Islamic world as court eunuchs who often protected the harem and had cushy office jobs. An emascualted man was less likely to mess around with the girls (And boys) and their physical bulk would scare off most comers.

I take on your points about Jealousy, as well, I know consensus about them all being big friends, I just don't buy it, MJ may have been fine to Prince, but Prince had an attitude problem and had a real emnity towards Michael. Madonna too, I like her music, but she was a complete bitch in real life.

Michael was the sanest of the 3 of them, he was not full of sh*t like Prince and Madge were. I actually mentioned those points as Prince I thought was horrible to MJ and I can not understand why, I mean when MJ died, Prince did not go to the funeral and only let one non commital cryptic remark come out a few months later (It's always sad when you lose a friend).

Last edited:
Other bizarre Prince/Michael Jackson myths.
1. Prince bewitched Bubbles with ESP (Both of them laughed at that ridiculous story dreamed up by tabloids)
2. Prince made a less than subtle pass at Latoya sometime around 1985/86 at Hayvenhurst and MJ nearly decked him.
3. Prince came to the same dinner with a feather in a box as a gift to Michael and MJ was convinced Prince was
a voodoo hougan, and had the feather destroyed as he thought it was a curse.
4. Prince annihilated Michael at a game of table tennis and Michael got angry when Prince hit the ball at his head and said
"Come on Michael, hit the BALL"
5. Prince refused to duet on the song "Bad" as it had the line "Your butt is mine" and he wanted to know, who he was singing
that line too, because he sure wasn't singing it to me. In reality Prince was not interested and knew Bad would be a hit with or
without his involvement. Also the era 1986/87 Prince wa sworking on his opus Crystal Ball, which became Sign o the Times and had
just finished the Parade tour and fired the Revolution, kicked out his grilfriend and was a low ebb mentally.
6. Prince rammed his guitar into Michaels face at a Vegas show in 2006 to let him know he did not want MJ upstaging his show.
Yet these are myths, they believe the last one was misinterpreted and the guitar did not hit his face, and frequently Prince got tapes and films
of Sly Stone performing sent to him with "MJJ Productions" on the canisters and that both were actively involved in advising each other.

I'm thankful that I wasn't the only one who took exception with this post. Maybe I misunderstood, but thought it meant that these are the things that are true, but I would fight to the death that about 90% of it is tabloid rumor, innuendo and downright lies. I'm glad to see it was getting cleared up later.

Respect77, I slightly increased the size of the font, to make my posts easier to read. I went back and edited (by increasing the size) what I already had posted.

Making it bigger is one thing, it makes things a bit better, but the font itself is very uncomfortable to read on Internet forums.

I take on your points about Jealousy, as well, I know consensus about them all being big friends, I just don't buy it, MJ may have been fine to Prince, but Prince had an attitude problem and had a real emnity towards Michael. Madonna too, I like her music, but she was a complete bitch in real life.

And where did I say they were friends? I simply said I don't think MJ was extremely jealous of Prince and Madonna. How does that translate to "they were big friends"?

Thanks Snow White! I've just spent the last few minutes googling and I also found this interview with Peter Freestone where he also confirms that it was time that got in the way of further sessions.

I watched the documentary where Jim Beach said that about MJ bringing in Llama. I don't think so as they spit and kick, so I wouldn't think MJ would allow llama in his studio in case his studio equipment gets hammering from llama:)

Yeah! I never thought of that. Especially too when it'd be Michael having to foot the bill!

IDK if it were mentioned but what about Michael doing some type of blood bath in a ritual to curse Spielberg for not casting him as Peter Pan in Hook...

lol! stupid...

IDK if it were mentioned but what about Michael doing some type of blood bath in a ritual to curse Spielberg for not casting him as Peter Pan in Hook...

lol! stupid...
I've never heard of this one LOL. :rofl:

TBH, I didn't even know what a castrato was until I came across people calling MJ one.
I come across some weird ish due to being an MJ fan LOL.

Last edited:

lol! stupid...
Haha. I totally forgot that one. So hilarious.

Reading back thru this list makes me alternatively laugh or be disgusted. I read that the National Enquirer recently celebrated their 90th anniversary (!) and had Elvis and Michael impersonators at the party to thank for their longevity.

That he had a prosthetic nose.
That he had no knowledge or interest in business; he let his lawyers and accountants handle everything.
That he converted to Islam.
That his son's name Blanket refers to the bed covering.
That he remained a virgin until he died.
That he was completely broke when he died.
That Elizabeth Taylor was his only adult friend.
That he couldn't sing live.
That he tried to distance himself from 'black culture'.
That he didn't want to associate with the other artists during the recording of WATW.
That his court case and subsequent acquittal can be compared to OJ's.
That he refused to give people who contributed to his songs credit/that he took credit he didn't deserve.
That his dancing is overrated.
That he wore the tape around his fingers to cover up skin discolouration (vitiligo).
That his children wore masks all the time, even if MJ wasn't with them.
^ and that his children were kept completely isolated from the world.

Last edited:
That he "enjoyed seeing the starving kids in Africa" when he visited there with the Jackson 5.

On the contrary, he was trying to explain how world hunger interested him (at a young age), and he'd like to do something about it. It started his sour relationship with the press. He became so distrustful how they would twist his words that led to Janet doing his interviews with him for a short time.

That he "enjoyed seeing the starving kids in Africa" when he visited there with the Jackson 5.
WTF!
That's really messed up.
I know that hearing that had to have been like an arrow through Michael's heart as kind, giving, and selfless as he was.
Poor Mikey. :(

He gave SO much love, and aside from his fans got so little in return.:cry:

Last edited:
Oh don't think anyone had this-happened also when he was in his late teens. He was going to have a sex change and marry Clifton Davis. (Many years before transgender people were really known and many years before gay marriage too).
I know it upset him. Never figured out how that got started except they were both very good looking and it seemed people wanted them to be gay.

Back