U2's Bono defends Michael during 1993 concert in Dublin.

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I am a huge U2 fan and was watching some old performances from them and came across this clip of there song Bad. Before the song starts Bono says "You know, Michael Jackson, if you are out there. I don't believe you're bad, guilty before you've been given a chance" how refreshing that one of the biggest bands in the world publicly defended Michael during the 93 allegations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySxQqE9RwY

Thanks for sharing. So few were prepared to publicly defend MJ so it’s good to see whenever it did happen.

I really started heavily diving into U2 music recently so I'm very grateful to know that Bono came to his defense when nobody else would at the time.

An interesting bit of information is that Travis Payne appeared to have said that Michael Jackson planned to have a guest performance from Bono in one of his ‘This Is It’ shows.

Dunk96;4319143 said:
I really started heavily diving into U2 music recently so I'm very grateful to know that Bono came to his defense when nobody else would at the time.

Actually, there were also other celebrities who publicly came to Michael Jackson’s defense in 1993, among others:

Whitney Houston, Stevie Wonder, Kurt Cobain, Prince (the artist), Elizabeth Taylor, Paul McCartney and his then-wife Linda McCartney, Brooke Shields, the rap duo Back 2 Back (twin brothers), the female SWV band, actor Maximilian Schell.

The rap duo Back 2 Back even released at that time (1993) their ‘Michael’ single with lyrics in support of Michael Jackson.

mj_frenzy;4319174 said:
An interesting bit of information is that Travis Payne appeared to have said that Michael Jackson planned to have a guest performance from Bono in one of his ‘This Is It’ shows.

Actually, there were also other celebrities who publicly came to Michael Jackson’s defense in 1993, among others:

Whitney Houston, Stevie Wonder, Kurt Cobain, Prince (the artist), Elizabeth Taylor, Paul McCartney and his then-wife Linda McCartney, Brooke Shields, the rap duo Back 2 Back (twin brothers), the female SWV band, actor Maximilian Schell.

The rap duo Back 2 Back even released at that time (1993) their ‘Michael’ single with lyrics in support of Michael Jackson.

I thought paul mccartney hated mj

Back