Ultimate Collection Content

Quick question: Is the content of the Bucharest DVD in this collection in any way different from the separately available official DVD? Or is it exactly the same edit with the same sound mix etc.?

Thank you. :)

other than the exclusion of 'blame it on the boogie', 'human nature' and the official version of 'p.y.t', I found it to be quite comprehensive and well chronicled. It was fascinating to hear the evolution of certain songs. some rarities appeared commercially available for the first time. if there were any leftover outtakes from this collection, they may have been reconsidered to be reworked for future releases.

83magic;4298905 said:
other than the exclusion of 'blame it on the boogie', 'human nature' and the official version of 'p.y.t', I found it to be quite comprehensive and well chronicled. It was fascinating to hear the evolution of certain songs. some rarities appeared commercially available for the first time. if there were any leftover outtakes from this collection, they may have been reconsidered to be reworked for future releases.

Thanks, but I was asking about the Bucharest concert DVD (that’s disc 5). Not the song collection itself. :)

ScreenOrigami;4298906 said:
Thanks, but I was asking about the Bucharest concert DVD (that’s disc 5). Not the song collection itself. :)

I was responding to the original thread post.

83magic;4298923 said:
I was responding to the original thread post.

Ha ha, I see, my bad. :laughing:

Does anyone have an answer to my question, though? To clarify: I own the Ultimate Collection, and what I’d like to know is if the Bucharest concert included there is in any way different from the official DVD that’s separately available. I’m asking if there’s a reason to buy it twice, other than packaging.

Last edited:
How people feel about the quality? I read for some songs it was very good compared to other projects like remasters, re-issues etc.

Ultimate Collection sound quality was really bad. Probably the most compressed his stuff has been apart from b25
Interesting...even the unreleased ones like 'On the Line', 'Beautiful Girl'? If so, are there are better quality leaks then?

I honestly think of all the unreleased stuff that appeared on it, they could have done a better job adding more to this, or just hanging on to everything for future releases. I mean, The Way You Love Me & Sunset Driver both appeared on it, and eventually got re-released on other projects (Michael & Thriller 40 respecfully)

I honestly think of all the unreleased stuff that appeared on it, they could have done a better job adding more to this, or just hanging on to everything for future releases. I mean, The Way You Love Me & Sunset Driver both appeared on it, and eventually got re-released on other projects (Michael & Thriller 40 respecfully)
They want us to forget The Ultimate Collection. I'm more than happy to.

Back