Unreleased HIStory cuts?

That song title has plagued us for years and this guy seems to be the only person that heard it while it never rang a bell to Michael's key players
If there's ever some truth about this mysterious song it's most likely just some tune presented to MJ at some point.

It's actually very believable that someone would create a fake reddit account for something like this. People are bored and want attention, or just like trolling. There's entire Youtube channels dedicated to uploading fake audio.

It's actually very believable that someone would create a fake reddit account for something like this. People are bored and want attention, or just like trolling. There's entire Youtube channels dedicated to uploading fake audio.
Going to Reddit instead of YouTube is just what makes no sense to me. If the guy is legit though, then obviously we'll keep seeing and hearing of him.

Bassouile at most is probably a real song, maybe a groove, with some weird insider name that nobody high up in the organization ever knew about or acknowledged.

I just see no evidence that the Ryan Arnold user is who he claims to be. I could come on here and claim to be one of the Dangerous engineers.
And then again, there are also other posts by him e.g. about Michaelā€™s creative process, which donā€™t correlate with what every other one of his collaborators has said in the past. This reddit user is the first person to claim Michael would go to the keyboard and try out chord progressions for hours by himself.

Then, there is this statement:

ā€œI was around for the sessions of Scream, Money, Stranger in Moscow, D.S. and Tabloid Junkie. Stranger in Moscow made me sad, because throughout the entire time we were all working, there was a very pained look on his face each time after recording. It seemed very personal, I remember at one point after recording the chorus, he walked out instead of working on the lower harmonies. ā€

Yet later on he said:

ā€œWe started recording in October 1994, at least that's when I was there.ā€

But Stranger In Moscow was actually the first song to be recorded for the album, and it was recorded in February 1994. By October, the song was pretty much done. So, how could he have been present for that session?

And another weird statement:

[
About Little Susie]: ā€œMichael had difficulty composing what exactly it was he wanted with the song. It sounded too much like Basszouille haha. That's why it kept getting shoved off the schedule until eventually being dropped.ā€

We now know that there is a demo of Little Susie from 1978 which is instrumentally and lyrically identical to the version on HIStory. How could Ryan Arnoldā€™s have witnessed Michael having difficulty with the composition?

He was also asked about how many takes Michael would do for a song, and he said ā€sometimes one, sometimes manyā€. I doubt Michael every did only one take for a song, unless it was a scratch vocal for a demo.

These are all of the weirder comments he has made, which make me believe he isnā€™t who he claims he is. Perhaps Iā€™m wrong, who knows?

And then again, there are also other posts by him e.g. about Michaelā€™s creative process, which donā€™t correlate with what every other one of his collaborators has said in the past. This reddit user is the first person to claim Michael would go to the keyboard and try out chord progressions for hours by himself.

ā€œI was around for the sessions of Scream, Money, Stranger in Moscow, D.S. and Tabloid Junkie. Stranger in Moscow made me sad, because throughout the entire time we were all working, there was a very pained look on his face each time after recording. It seemed very personal, I remember at one point after recording the chorus, he walked out instead of working on the lower harmonies. ā€

Yet later on he said:

But Stranger In Moscow was actually the first song to be recorded for the album, and it was recorded in February 1994. By October, the song was pretty much done. So, how could he have been present for that session?

[
About Little Susie]: ā€œMichael had difficulty composing what exactly it was he wanted with the song. It sounded too much like Basszouille haha. That's why it kept getting shoved off the schedule until eventually being dropped.ā€

We now know that there is a demo of Little Susie from 1978 which is instrumentally and lyrically identical to the version on HIStory. How could Ryan Arnoldā€™s have witnessed Michael having difficulty with the composition?

He was also asked about how many takes Michael would do for a song, and he said ā€sometimes one, sometimes manyā€. I doubt Michael every did only one take for a song, unless it was a scratch vocal for a demo.

These are all of the weirder comments he has made, which make me believe he isnā€™t who he claims he is. Perhaps Iā€™m wrong, who knows?
Great observations! Yeah, these comments go against every established fact weā€™ve had from the HIStory sessions. I donā€™t buy it whatsoever.

Yet later on he said:

[

Yeah I donā€™t believe a word saidā€¦whatā€™s the reason for the ā€œhahaā€ after mentioning Basszouille? Mentioning Michael had a ā€œpained look on his faceā€? .. no one from MJā€™s camp even talks like that when discussing him

ā€œI was around for the sessions of Scream, Money, Stranger in Moscow, D.S. and Tabloid Junkie.
Yeah, that's actually incongruous with what he said, about mostly being there for Money in the soundbooth and primarily working with Jam and Lewis. Very inconsistent details there.

Dallas Austin was on Questlove Supreme recently and mentioned that from everything he worked on, there were only 2 instrumental tracks that were not released.

As well as This Time Around, he also said that he worked on TDCAU, BOTDF & 2Bad which is interesting, as I'm sure that 2Bad is credited as a Jam & Lewis track and that BOTDF was re-worked with Brad Buxer. It was quite an interesting segment about MJ and the time period around History - (from 32:30 in the video below, it is timestamped in the video description) - not sure about some of the things he said e.g. the Russian government hiding him?!

Dallas Austin was on Questlove Supreme recently and mentioned that from everything he worked on, there were only 2 instrumental tracks that were not released.

As well as This Time Around, he also said that he worked on TDCAU, BOTDF & 2Bad which is interesting, as I'm sure that 2Bad is credited as a Jam & Lewis track and that BOTDF was re-worked with Brad Buxer. It was quite an interesting segment about MJ and the time period around History - (from 32:30 in the video below, it is timestamped in the video description) - not sure about some of the things he said e.g. the Russian government hiding him?!

Well given how the multitracks for 2Bad had a couple of tracks with an entirely different instrumental that can be heard when you isolate them with a good pair of headphones, it's possible that 2Bad reused elements from one of the two instrumental tracks.

Last edited:

Yet later on he said:

[

His comments on Little Susie are interesting- I know the instrumental was originally recorded live with a full orchestra, but Michael didnā€™t like how it sounded. So it was re-recording using MIDI, which is the version that ended up on the album. Perhaps heā€™s referring to this? I could see this statement being accurate if heā€™s referring to MJ wanting to redo the instrumental using MIDI.

Well given how the multitracks for 2Bad had a couple of tracks with an entirely different instrumental that can be heard when you isolate them with a good pair of headphones, it's possible that 2Bad reused elements from one of the two instrumental tracks.
I never noticed that. Can you tell me on which tracks that is?

Pez Jax who's the writer of 'The Story of HIStory' and 'Off The Wall: From the Beginning, Brick by Brick' mentioned briefly on a podcast that he has talked to a producer who owns the song and they said that 'Revenge' is basically just a track with a very basic beat.
Yes, an instrumental song, a rhythm. Far from being a real song it says! Has anyone read the Pex Jax books?

The bulk of HIStory's outtakes, unfortunately, have already been released. Morphine, Ghosts/Is It Scary, Much Too Soon, On the Line, In the Back, etc.

Additionally, don't listen to people if they tell you about songs like Fear or Face or Bassouille. None of them actually exist. Unless Michael recorded them at Neverland and told no one about them, they're fake.
It's hard to believe morphine,ghost & is it scary are history outtakes. It's just something in me that feels they are 96/97 vocalsšŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I know they aren't but I grew up in this era & for almost 2years I played botdf & imo those 5 songs were the soundtrack to ghost short film. Idk why I feel history & botdf are two different eras;

This was a 2014 post & we still haven't heard bassouille or fear. Actually shocked about faces

It's hard to believe morphine,ghost & is it scary are history outtakes. It's just something in me that feels they are 96/97 vocalsšŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I know they aren't but I grew up in this era & for almost 2years I played botdf & imo those 5 songs were the soundtrack to ghost short film. Idk why I feel history & botdf are two different eras;

This was a 2014 post & we still haven't heard bassouille or fear. Actually shocked about faces
don't forget The Verdict and Family Thing

Christmas Star is a HIStory outtake. Michael recorded the song in 1994 according to Sundberg, watch the link below.
It's a cover version, composed by John Williams for Home Alone 2:
So Michael had an idea.
He wanted to record a Christmas song.
A song composed by John Williams for the soundtrack of Forgotten Me.
A song that ... had already been recorded.
That didn't stop Michaelā€”he wanted to record it.
We quickly recorded the song (it probably took less than a day)
, but the highlight of the song is a children's choir. We had already assembled a children's choir in New York and I had the director's number in hand. Michael asked me to set a date when the choir could come in and sort out the details. Pretty easy.

Last edited:
Back