Unreleased HIStory cuts?

Willing And Waiting - Writer's demo made by Babyface and Jon B for MJ. The song was turned down because MJ felt it was too soft for the HIStory album.
Who is Jon B?

Otherwise for the 1996 album The Jackson entitled "Humanity" I found this:
humanitarian+1.jpg
humanitarian+2.jpg

“Willing and Waiting” is so good, though the lyrics are pretty embarrassing at points. (“I’d tell you myself, babe, but I’m too shy”? Yikes.)

It definitely wasn’t an aesthetic or lyrical fit for HIStory, but if MJ released Invincible in 1999 as originally planned, I think it would’ve been a knockout.

All The Songs also states that "Fly Away" and "Slave To The Rhythm" were revisited for this album. It's the only source I've seen for this claim, though.

It's no surprise that there's nothing left from the HIStory sessions lol. A lot of it was spent on revisiting old tracks and the songs that were in fact new went to BOTDF or TUC.

With the HIStory album, I've always got the feeling that Michael didn't work like he normally did. Initially it was going to be the greatest hits and a few new tracks, then it became an album because the material was so strong. So he wasn't in the studio secretly creating a new album like he was with Dangerous.

But I get the feeling he didn't work on a ton of songs, he had a core message he wanted the album to be about and if a song didn't fit that, it didn't go on the record or get worked on further.

I think he worked extensively on the songs he plucked from the vault, TDCAU, Earth Song, Tabloid Junkie, rather than writing new material that ultimately wouldn't get on the album

With the HIStory album, I've always got the feeling that Michael didn't work like he normally did. Initially it was going to be the greatest hits and a few new tracks, then it became an album because the material was so strong. So he wasn't in the studio secretly creating a new album like he was with Dangerous.

But I get the feeling he didn't work on a ton of songs, he had a core message he wanted the album to be about and if a song didn't fit that, it didn't go on the record or get worked on further.

I think he worked extensively on the songs he plucked from the vault, TDCAU, Earth Song, Tabloid Junkie, rather than writing new material that ultimately wouldn't get on the album
One of the engineers (maybe Brad) said he didn't work on a lot of songs and everything else ended up on BOTDF

One of the engineers (maybe Brad) said he didn't work on a lot of songs and everything else ended up on BOTDF
There were a lot of songs worked on, but not many were recorded, a lot of the recorded material was either released on HIStory or later on BOTDF.

There may be scratch vocals for some of the songs recorded or just BGV, and even then it'd be hard to say what would actually be in contention of being released.

So, most projects that MJ wanted to finish was finished up in the late '90s. To put it in another way, there is little to no more unreleased HIStory cuts available in the vault (at least from the information that we have gathered). Also, because of concerts and happenings that occured in this time period making him stressed, MJ didn't have time or effort to start lots of whole new song projects.
I feel like there is more songs that are deep somewhere that someone somehow has that was made in the HIStory era, but who knows? Maybe the HIStory era vault is as empty as it is. At least some songs like In The Back have apparently been reworked in the intermission period between Invincible and This Is It. We can hope for unreleased or undiscovered songs that have partially been worked in HIStory.

Is there anymore songs that I left out that has been worked in HIStory and then reworked later on?​

What about the song Rich Girl? It had to have been made during the HIStory era and Brad Buxer said it was "far along" which could mean it's releasable. Could it be the last remaining song from that time?

What about the song Rich Girl? It had to have been made during the HIStory era and Brad Buxer said it was "far along" which could mean it's releasable. Could it be the last remaining song from that time?
Brad said “Rich Girl” was made around the time Michael first started seeing Lisa Marie, so 1993-94ish? I wish people would ask him more about that one, because “far along” could mean a million different things in MJ Land.

So it is safe to say that History era along with Off The Wall era is Michael's least prolific era.
Really, Blood on the Dance Floor is. Since they only worked on 5, at most 6 songs. And all of them came from Dangerous/HIStory. But obviously it's not a full era. Before Off The Wall and Goin Places, MJ was writing and making no songs at all.

Really, Blood on the Dance Floor is. Since they only worked on 5, at most 6 songs. And all of them came from Dangerous/HIStory. But obviously it's not a full era. Before Off The Wall and Goin Places, MJ was writing and making no songs at all.
True, but like you said, Blood On The Dance Floor isn't a full era and the songs that ended up on that album are from the Dangerous and History eras.

So it is safe to say that History era along with Off The Wall era is Michael's least prolific era.

Michael was writing a lot between Destiny and Triumph......we don't have much unreleased music during this time but demos do exist......remember Michael was working on the concept album during this time as well

Brad said “Rich Girl” was made around the time Michael first started seeing Lisa Marie, so 1993-94ish? I wish people would ask him more about that one, because “far along” could mean a million different things in MJ Land.
Brad Buxer is pretty straightforward when it comes to the completion of songs so I believe that "far along" is pretty optimistic in this context.

So, most projects that MJ wanted to finish was finished up in the late '90s. To put it in another way, there is little to no more unreleased HIStory cuts available in the vault (at least from the information that we have gathered). Also, because of concerts and happenings that occured in this time period making him stressed, MJ didn't have time or effort to start lots of whole new song projects.
I feel like there is more songs that are deep somewhere that someone somehow has that was made in the HIStory era, but who knows? Maybe the HIStory era vault is as empty as it is. At least some songs like In The Back have apparently been reworked in the intermission period between Invincible and This Is It. We can hope for unreleased or undiscovered songs that have partially been worked in HIStory.

Is there anymore songs that I left out that has been worked in HIStory and then reworked later on?​
Bruce Swedien’s 1994 mix of Much Too Soon, which Michael approved of, still remains unreleased.

I’ve also heard MJ’s cover of Delilah was “far along” as well, that could be another gem from this era.

It would be nice to contact Ryan Arnold again. I did not succeed for my part. If he spoke once, he can speak again.

A cover of the song "Delilah" would be really nice.

In the unreleased titles of the History period, there are also these titles of which we have no information:

# Fanfare 1992

Registered in the US Copyright. Also under the name Fanfare Transition.

#Fear

Would be recorded in 1993. It is one of my top searches. Rob Hoffman has never heard this title, just like the Faces title, which really exists.

#Dreams

Would also be recorded in 1993. There is a Pepsi commercial titled Dreams.

# Feel, Believe

Song lyrics found in notes (?). No available information.

# Everything for Appearance

This title would be the ultimate Jam & Levis song. No available information. In the books of Chris Cadman, it is indicated the assumption that Jam & Levis would have returned in 1998 for Invincible.

Ok, so I found this website https://lostmediawiki.com/Michael_J...shed_songs_from_American_musician;_1974-2009)
that lists some of MJ's unreleased songs that might have been worked on by him. From this website, there is:

BassouilleMichael Jackson, Bruce SwedienUnknownWritten in 1994 during the HIStory sessions; alternatively known as "Basszouille"; a fully complete version is known to exist.Lost
The Best ThingMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and Recorded during the HIStory sessions. Vocally Complete and ready for releaseLost
Bombay NightsMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions; possibly also known as "Blackout and Bombay Girls" or "Bombay Girls".Existence unconfirmed
Dance On the CeilingMichael Jackson, Nicholas PikeRegistered on BMIWorked sometime between 1996-1997 for "Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix", but didn't make the cut.
Don't Be Messin' 'RoundMichael JacksonPrematurely announced in 2012, one month before the Jackson Estate's official announcement.Written and Recorded in 1978 during Off The Wall sessions, in 1982 during the Thriller sessions, from 1986-1987 during the Bad sessions, in 1990 during the Dangerous sessions, in 1995 during the HIStory sessions, in 1999 during Invincible sessions and from 2003 - 2009.Released(Bad version)
Partially leaked(Thriller version)
Lost(Other versions)
Evil EyeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Existence unconfirmed
FacesMichael JacksonUnknownRecorded during the HIStory sessions; would have featured an introduction performed by Nelson Mandela and percussion by STOMP; was cancelled after the 1993 child molestation charges motivated Mandela's advisors to prohibit him from recording; alternatively known as "Face".Leaked
Ghost of Another LoverMichael JacksonSong title listed on a note in Jackson's bedroom.Written and recorded in 1989 during the Dangerous sessions and 1993-4 during HIStory sessions. Fully complete versions for both sessions are known to exist.Leaked
Lost
(HIStory version)
Innocent ManMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and recorded in 1993 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges.Lost
Neverland LandingMichael JacksonRegistered with the U.S. Copyright Office.Written and recorded in 1993.Lost
Not GuiltyGeorge HarrisonUnknownRecorded in 1994 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges; featured the Notorious B.I.G..Lost
People Have to Make Some Sort of JokeMichael JacksonListed during the 1993 deposition.Unfinished when mentioned in 1993; writing completed in 2000.Lost
RevengeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Lost
Willing and WaitingMichael JacksonMentioned by Jackson's engineer in an interview.Written during the HIStory sessions; produced by Babyface; shelved due to it sounding softer than what Jackson desired for HIStory.LostLeaked (writer's demo)

That's all, also there being 'Much Too Soon' as always. There's actually a lot more possible songs that we still might have in the vault. Although we cannot confirm the existence of 'Bombay Nights', 'Dance On The Ceiling' -(prob just an outtake of botdf) and 'Evil Eye', do we have any further info about other songs? I cannot search Twitter right now, but there are many sources. Check the site out.

Ok, so I found this website https://lostmediawiki.com/Michael_J...shed_songs_from_American_musician;_1974-2009)
that lists some of MJ's unreleased songs that might have been worked on by him. From this website, there is:

BassouilleMichael Jackson, Bruce SwedienUnknownWritten in 1994 during the HIStory sessions; alternatively known as "Basszouille"; a fully complete version is known to exist.Lost
The Best ThingMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and Recorded during the HIStory sessions. Vocally Complete and ready for releaseLost
Bombay NightsMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions; possibly also known as "Blackout and Bombay Girls" or "Bombay Girls".Existence unconfirmed
Dance On the CeilingMichael Jackson, Nicholas PikeRegistered on BMIWorked sometime between 1996-1997 for "Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix", but didn't make the cut.
Don't Be Messin' 'RoundMichael JacksonPrematurely announced in 2012, one month before the Jackson Estate's official announcement.Written and Recorded in 1978 during Off The Wall sessions, in 1982 during the Thriller sessions, from 1986-1987 during the Bad sessions, in 1990 during the Dangerous sessions, in 1995 during the HIStory sessions, in 1999 during Invincible sessions and from 2003 - 2009.Released(Bad version)
Lost(Other versions)
Evil EyeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Existence unconfirmed
FacesMichael JacksonUnknownRecorded during the HIStory sessions; would have featured an introduction performed by Nelson Mandela and percussion by STOMP; was cancelled after the 1993 child molestation charges motivated Mandela's advisors to prohibit him from recording; alternatively known as "Face".Leaked
Ghost of Another LoverMichael JacksonSong title listed on a note in Jackson's bedroom.Written and recorded in 1989 during the Dangerous sessions and 1993-4 during HIStory sessions. Fully complete versions for both sessions are known to exist.Leaked
Lost
(HIStory version)
Innocent ManMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and recorded in 1993 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges.Lost
Not GuiltyGeorge HarrisonUnknownRecorded in 1994 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges; featured the Notorious B.I.G..Lost
People Have to Make Some Sort of JokeMichael JacksonListed during the 1993 deposition.Unfinished when mentioned in 1993; writing completed in 2000.Lost
Willing and WaitingMichael JacksonMentioned by Jackson's engineer in an interview.Written during the HIStory sessions; produced by Babyface; shelved due to it sounding softer than what Jackson desired for HIStory.LostLeaked (writer's demo)

That's all, also there being 'Much Too Soon' as always. Although we cannot confirm the existence of 'Bombay Nights', 'Dance On The Ceiling' -(prob just an outtake of botdf) and 'Evil Eye', do we have any further info about other songs? I cannot search Twitter right now, but there are many sources. Check the site out.
Bombay Nights, The Best Thing, Evil Eye and Revenge are just Instrumental Grooves according to the owner of the cassettes. Dance On The Ceiling is a music piece from Ghosts Short Film. Not Guilty sounds pretty fake. And Ghost of Another lover isn't complete at all.

Lost(Other versions)
Lost
(HIStory version)
Neverland LandingMichael JacksonRegistered with the U.S. Copyright Office.Written and recorded in 1993.Lost

That's all, also there being 'Much Too Soon' as always. There's actually a lot more possible songs that we still might have in the vault. Although we cannot confirm the existence of 'Bombay Nights', 'Dance On The Ceiling' -(prob just an outtake of botdf) and 'Evil Eye', do we have any further info about other songs? I cannot search Twitter right now, but there are many sources. Check the site out.
Don't trust wiki pages, they're filled with fake info.

Back