Unreleased HIStory cuts?

Ok, so I found this website https://lostmediawiki.com/Michael_J...shed_songs_from_American_musician;_1974-2009)
that lists some of MJ's unreleased songs that might have been worked on by him. From this website, there is:

BassouilleMichael Jackson, Bruce SwedienUnknownWritten in 1994 during the HIStory sessions; alternatively known as "Basszouille"; a fully complete version is known to exist.Lost
The Best ThingMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and Recorded during the HIStory sessions. Vocally Complete and ready for releaseLost
Bombay NightsMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions; possibly also known as "Blackout and Bombay Girls" or "Bombay Girls".Existence unconfirmed
Dance On the CeilingMichael Jackson, Nicholas PikeRegistered on BMIWorked sometime between 1996-1997 for "Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix", but didn't make the cut.
Don't Be Messin' 'RoundMichael JacksonPrematurely announced in 2012, one month before the Jackson Estate's official announcement.Written and Recorded in 1978 during Off The Wall sessions, in 1982 during the Thriller sessions, from 1986-1987 during the Bad sessions, in 1990 during the Dangerous sessions, in 1995 during the HIStory sessions, in 1999 during Invincible sessions and from 2003 - 2009.Released(Bad version)
Partially leaked(Thriller version)
Lost(Other versions)
Evil EyeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Existence unconfirmed
FacesMichael JacksonUnknownRecorded during the HIStory sessions; would have featured an introduction performed by Nelson Mandela and percussion by STOMP; was cancelled after the 1993 child molestation charges motivated Mandela's advisors to prohibit him from recording; alternatively known as "Face".Leaked
Ghost of Another LoverMichael JacksonSong title listed on a note in Jackson's bedroom.Written and recorded in 1989 during the Dangerous sessions and 1993-4 during HIStory sessions. Fully complete versions for both sessions are known to exist.Leaked
Lost
(HIStory version)
Innocent ManMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and recorded in 1993 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges.Lost
Neverland LandingMichael JacksonRegistered with the U.S. Copyright Office.Written and recorded in 1993.Lost
Not GuiltyGeorge HarrisonUnknownRecorded in 1994 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges; featured the Notorious B.I.G..Lost
People Have to Make Some Sort of JokeMichael JacksonListed during the 1993 deposition.Unfinished when mentioned in 1993; writing completed in 2000.Lost
RevengeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Lost
Willing and WaitingMichael JacksonMentioned by Jackson's engineer in an interview.Written during the HIStory sessions; produced by Babyface; shelved due to it sounding softer than what Jackson desired for HIStory.LostLeaked (writer's demo)

That's all, also there being 'Much Too Soon' as always. There's actually a lot more possible songs that we still might have in the vault. Although we cannot confirm the existence of 'Bombay Nights', 'Dance On The Ceiling' -(prob just an outtake of botdf) and 'Evil Eye', do we have any further info about other songs? I cannot search Twitter right now, but there are many sources. Check the site out.
Bassouille sounds so ridiculous. If that were real I would be shocked. Like what does it even mean??

Ok, so I found this website https://lostmediawiki.com/Michael_J...shed_songs_from_American_musician;_1974-2009)
that lists some of MJ's unreleased songs that might have been worked on by him. From this website, there is:

BassouilleMichael Jackson, Bruce SwedienUnknownWritten in 1994 during the HIStory sessions; alternatively known as "Basszouille"; a fully complete version is known to exist.Lost
The Best ThingMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and Recorded during the HIStory sessions. Vocally Complete and ready for releaseLost
Bombay NightsMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions; possibly also known as "Blackout and Bombay Girls" or "Bombay Girls".Existence unconfirmed
Dance On the CeilingMichael Jackson, Nicholas PikeRegistered on BMIWorked sometime between 1996-1997 for "Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix", but didn't make the cut.
Don't Be Messin' 'RoundMichael JacksonPrematurely announced in 2012, one month before the Jackson Estate's official announcement.Written and Recorded in 1978 during Off The Wall sessions, in 1982 during the Thriller sessions, from 1986-1987 during the Bad sessions, in 1990 during the Dangerous sessions, in 1995 during the HIStory sessions, in 1999 during Invincible sessions and from 2003 - 2009.Released(Bad version)
Partially leaked(Thriller version)
Lost(Other versions)
Evil EyeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Existence unconfirmed
FacesMichael JacksonUnknownRecorded during the HIStory sessions; would have featured an introduction performed by Nelson Mandela and percussion by STOMP; was cancelled after the 1993 child molestation charges motivated Mandela's advisors to prohibit him from recording; alternatively known as "Face".Leaked
Ghost of Another LoverMichael JacksonSong title listed on a note in Jackson's bedroom.Written and recorded in 1989 during the Dangerous sessions and 1993-4 during HIStory sessions. Fully complete versions for both sessions are known to exist.Leaked
Lost
(HIStory version)
Innocent ManMichael JacksonUnknownWritten and recorded in 1993 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges.Lost
Neverland LandingMichael JacksonRegistered with the U.S. Copyright Office.Written and recorded in 1993.Lost
Not GuiltyGeorge HarrisonUnknownRecorded in 1994 during the HIStory sessions as a commentary on Jackson's child molestation charges; featured the Notorious B.I.G..Lost
People Have to Make Some Sort of JokeMichael JacksonListed during the 1993 deposition.Unfinished when mentioned in 1993; writing completed in 2000.Lost
RevengeMichael JacksonUnknownWorked on during the HIStory sessions.Lost
Willing and WaitingMichael JacksonMentioned by Jackson's engineer in an interview.Written during the HIStory sessions; produced by Babyface; shelved due to it sounding softer than what Jackson desired for HIStory.LostLeaked (writer's demo)

That's all, also there being 'Much Too Soon' as always. There's actually a lot more possible songs that we still might have in the vault. Although we cannot confirm the existence of 'Bombay Nights', 'Dance On The Ceiling' -(prob just an outtake of botdf) and 'Evil Eye', do we have any further info about other songs? I cannot search Twitter right now, but there are many sources. Check the site out.
Dance On the Ceiling is an instrumental used in the Ghosts video.

“Willing and Waiting” is so good, though the lyrics are pretty embarrassing at points. (“I’d tell you myself, babe, but I’m too shy”? Yikes.)

It definitely wasn’t an aesthetic or lyrical fit for HIStory, but if MJ released Invincible in 1999 as originally planned, I think it would’ve been a knockout.
Yeah… not exactly up to MJ standards LOL i kinda dig the beat though

To sum up this post:

Much Too Soon (Bruce Swedien 1994 mix) -
The Verdict - The song was made for Dangerous but was brought back for HIStory.
Faces - The song was going to feature Nelson Mandela but after Matt Forger was unable to travel to South Africa the song was shelved.
Revenge - Instrumental groove, no vocals.
Family Thing - Song made for Family Addams, was shelved due to the 1993 allegations.
Family Thing (Bryan Loren mix) - The most complete version of the song, it features Bryan Loren singing on the verses. There are no more MJ vocals.
Innocent Man - Song written for HIStory, only the chorus was recorded which are sung in a very softly way.
3798a_lg.jpeg

The Best Thing - Instrumental groove, no vocals.
Bombay Nights - Instrumental groove, no vocals.
Evil Eye - Instrumental groove, no vocals.
Ask Rene 3 - Instrumental groove, no vocals.
Ask DD - Instrumental groove, no vocals.
Christmas Song - Song made for Home Alone 2, no MJ vocals.
Changes - Song first made for Bad but reworked for HIStory. The song is a piano driven, gospel demo with a mumbled scratch vocal and with a choir. The only sensical lyrics are “can’t cope with changes. What are you trying to do to me?” The rest of the song is mumbled.
In The Back - Already explained.
Willing And Waiting - Writer's demo made by Babyface and Jon B for MJ. The song was turned down because MJ felt it was too soft for the HIStory album.
Chicago 1945 - The song was copyright re-registered at the U.S Copyright Office in 1995 which probably means that the song was reworked at that time.
I feel like Chicago 1945 could have easily been in the same situation as Come Together, where it was simply pulled out of the vault for consideration for HIStory. Even though it was registered, there’s still a chance the 95 version is very similar or maybe even the exact same as the Victory era version.

Bombay Nights can be confirmed, as it was a groove written for Michael. DOTC is just part of the Ghosts score, there's no evidence that Michael collabed with Biggie a second time nor that he sung another Beatles cover (well, not a Beatles cover, but it was sung by a Beatle), and AlwaysThere already cast doubt on the existence of Basszoulie (Delilah was also mentioned on the LMW page the last time I saw it; yet another song mentioned by that "assistant engineer" Ryan Arnold).

Needless to say, I'm about ready to join the Lost Media Wiki and set the record straight once and for all.

La Bassouille also is the name of a farm in France. Interesting.
Hmm, interesting.

Maybe Michael went to this farm called La Bassouille and that was the inspiration behind the song “Bassouille”, if the song does indeed exist. Just like how “Days In Gloucestershire” was inspired by Michael’s visit to Gloucestershire as a teenager.

I've also seen the Wikipedia version of unreleased songs webpage, and it does say similar things. Note that both sites don't have great sources, making them unreliable. It can be a possibility that there is someone anonymous that was close to MJ at some point having a unreleased track that no one else knows tho. I'm expecting more tracks to be known later on, within various eras. Even if most of the things in LostMediaWiki and Wikipedia is false, there should be some songs that almost no one knows or have found. The 'vault' shouldn't be that small....

Bombay Nights can be confirmed, as it was a groove written for Michael. DOTC is just part of the Ghosts score, there's no evidence that Michael collabed with Biggie a second time nor that he sung another Beatles cover (well, not a Beatles cover, but it was sung by a Beatle), and AlwaysThere already cast doubt on the existence of Basszoulie (Delilah was also mentioned on the LMW page the last time I saw it; yet another song mentioned by that "assistant engineer" Ryan Arnold).

Needless to say, I'm about ready to join the Lost Media Wiki and set the record straight once and for all.
Interesting. I get that it's not complete, but what specifically does a groove mean?
Some songs could exist. I feel like if 'Not Guilty' were to exist, it's not a song at all, just a poem about the charges. I'm hoping someone somewhere out in the world has a more complete version of 'People Have To Make Some Sort Of Joke' and 'Neverland Landing'. 'Willing and Waiting' should be, like, 50% complete or something. It has partial lyrics. Anyways, I'm not losing hope in more unreleased HIStory outtakes.

Hmm, interesting.

Maybe Michael went to this farm called La Bassouille and that was the inspiration behind the song “Bassouille”, if the song does indeed exist. Just like how “Days In Gloucestershire” was inspired by Michael’s visit to Gloucestershire as a teenager.
I didn't know about this! Just looked it up online, doesn't say much, just that J5 went there. But why? I can't believe J5 played a show there. Gloucester (the city) isn't exactly a hot spot for live pop shows and the county is very rural. So I'm struggling to understand why they would have gone there.

I'm not confused by the song. That's just a remembrance of happier times, as far as I can tell. It's just the fact of them going to Gloucestershire at all. Just seems so random, lol.

I didn't know about this! Just looked it up online, doesn't say much, just that J5 went there. But why? I can't believe J5 played a show there. Gloucester (the city) isn't exactly a hot spot for live pop shows and the county is very rural. So I'm struggling to understand why they would have gone there.

I'm not confused by the song. That's just a remembrance of happier times, as far as I can tell. It's just the fact of them going to Gloucestershire at all. Just seems so random, lol.
I know. I was surprised when I heard the song. Gloucestershire isn’t London or Manchester, so I was surprised that Michael even heard of the place, let along actually performed there.

But the song is really gorgeous, despite it being unfinished. I wish Michael had an opportunity to finish it.

I know. I was surprised when I heard the song. Gloucestershire isn’t London or Manchester, so I was surprised that Michael even heard of the place, let along actually performed there.
Oh, so J5 did play a gig there? Fair enough. Obviously, Gloucester has theatres and must get live bands going there. Just isn't on the regular 'pop trail' so I was a bit surprised. But this is great. If the county and/or the city made such an impression on Michael, gotta be happy about that, lol.

But the song is really gorgeous, despite it being unfinished. I wish Michael had an opportunity to finish it.
I love the song. Some of the unfinished songs, I'm OK with it. But this is one that, not sure why, it just feels really poignant that it is incomplete.

It would be nice to contact Ryan Arnold again. I did not succeed for my part. If he spoke once, he can speak again.

A cover of the song "Delilah" would be really nice.
He said he was recovering from a stroke if you go look at his reddit history. It's not unbelievable he was saying the truth, he didn't exaggerate or speak on things he knew nothing about.

He said he was recovering from a stroke if you go look at his reddit history. It's not unbelievable he was saying the truth, he didn't exaggerate or speak on things he knew nothing about.
I just see no evidence that the Ryan Arnold user is who he claims to be. I could come on here and claim to be one of the Dangerous engineers.

I just see no evidence that the Ryan Arnold user is who he claims to be. I could come on here and claim to be one of the Dangerous engineers.
Yeah but it makes very little sense to go to Reddit of all places and talk about Michael Jackson's most obscure album. Like what do you gain from that. And the things he focuses on line up well. He's certainly a fan if nothing else. But more like an insider. He shared a funny story to share about Michael. It sounds like one of his pranks.

Anyway, looking at it now, he does mention wanting to make a YouTube about it. I would hope this info gets validated for true or false one of these days, maybe Damien Shields would know the true truth.

Damien Shields mentions it was while they were teenagers. Maybe a bit older than just starting our J5 days.

And here is his credits on All music:

Can someone check the HIStory Booklet Liner to confirm?

here's the booklet liner scans:

I don't see a Ryan Arnold unless I'm blind. :LOL:

I fully believe that Ryan Arnold was involved in HIStory as an engineer. I just don’t believe that the Reddit user in question is him.
Yeah but it makes very little sense to go to Reddit of all places and talk about Michael Jackson's most obscure album. Like what do you gain from that. And the things he focuses on line up well. He's certainly a fan if nothing else. But more like an insider. He shared a funny story to share about Michael. It sounds like one of his pranks.

Anyway, looking at it now, he does mention wanting to make a YouTube about it. I would hope this info gets validated for true or false one of these days, maybe Damien Shields would know the true truth.
Weirder things have happened. There are also people who fabricate unreleased snippets, create full Wikipedia pages full of false info, so on and so forth. Plus, that’s a very good question—why Reddit? Why not come to MJJC? Or start a YouTube channel? Why go to a relatively obscure Reddit page, start an account to which you never returned, offer no proof that you are who you say you are, and conveniently name drop an unreleased title that fans have been curious about for decades? And why, of all the people who have been present, is assistant engineer Ryan Arnold the only one claiming “Bassouille” is real? If I’m not mistaken, Rob Hoffman, who was integrally involved in the whole album, was asked about that title and didn’t recall it.

I dunno. I could be totally off-base here, but this doesn’t line up at all to me. Too many unanswered questions. I wish somebody could actually contact Ryan and confirm.

I fully believe that Ryan Arnold was involved in HIStory as an engineer. I just don’t believe that the Reddit user in question is him.

Weirder things have happened. There are also people who fabricate unreleased snippets, create full Wikipedia pages full of false info, so on and so forth. Plus, that’s a very good question—why Reddit? Why not come to MJJC? Or start a YouTube channel? Why go to a relatively obscure Reddit page, start an account to which you never returned, offer no proof that you are who you say you are, and conveniently name drop an unreleased title that fans have been curious about for decades? And why, of all the people who have been present, is assistant engineer Ryan Arnold the only one claiming “Bassouille” is real? If I’m not mistaken, Rob Hoffman, who was integrally involved in the whole album, was asked about that title and didn’t recall it.

I dunno. I could be totally off-base here, but this doesn’t line up at all to me. Too many unanswered questions. I wish somebody could actually contact Ryan and confirm.
I'm not saying it's definitely him. It's just not a total debunk.

The whole Bassouile thing is like the biggest mystery in MJ's whole air of personality.

I tried but without success. I would very much like to be able to contact him and clarify all this. And if possible, and if it's true, tell us more. If anyone is coming, I'm also interested.

Back