Unreleased Victory Tour footage leaks online!

Personally I think fans should just forget about it. there are lots of red tapes to deal with not just from the Js but from other third parties such as former agents, record companies and so on. a project like this will most likely result into losses for the Estate due to many irrational demands.

I thought this was a bit of an interesting comment brought on by another fan who posted on the site & here it is:

"It is discouraging to witness the interminable backbiting and petty squabbling that prevent or delay valuable, exciting performance footage and music from reaching audiences today and for generations to come. This material adds to the overall knowledge and enjoyment of Michael Jackson’s very long and productive career — both with and without his brothers. Jackson still excites interest, admiration and study — and this is as it should be. I don’t presume to know what Michael did or did not want released at a certain time in his life, or whether he might have reversed his decisions later on. But, I do know that Michael Jackson remains a formidable and prolific talent whose imagination and vision both set the bar excellence and raised it again and again. He was picked on, picked at, picked over and picked apart by those hell bent on a quick buck or a juicy story at any cost. His life was one long autopsy, and his death seems a continuous exhumation. But the same spade used for muckraking can also unearth unexpected treasures and truths that help form and solidify Jackson’s legacy of greatness, and balance the scales too long rigged toward the negative and superficial.

I say: Bring on Victory, bring on Triumph, bring on Destiny, and anything else that adds to our knowledge, appreciation, and understanding of Michael Jackson’s big, complex, panoramic and accomplished life — as artist and man."

I became a fan during Thriller release. Michael was one of the black people who was able to cross boundaries and break racial barriers. He was pretty much popular in Europe during Thriller and when he had "dark skin". It's diminishing what Michael achieved (breaking racial barriers) when anyone says he became popular because he got whiter.

Plus there are other factors to consider as well. MTV Europe started in 1987, so during Bad era. Before that Europe did not have MTV. So if it's true for some countries (like I know it's true for Germany, for example) that Bad and Dangerous era was more popular than Thriller I think it has more to do with the fact that the young people of Europe could see more of Michael from 1987 than before. Let me remind of another part of the Glenda tapes where Michael says how much German women like black men. LOL.

It's ridiculous to accuse non-US fans of racism - and that's exactly what Charles is doing with that comment.

Re: New CVictory Tour Toronto Snippets

Awesome!
Needs to be leaked!

How do fans have this while the Estate doesn't?

Who says they don't have this and most (if not all) Jacksons shows?

They can't release everything at once. This is just one of those rarities that has slipped through the cracks into a collectors hands.

Could this be the Laser Disc version?

Yes.
Someone must have had the laserdisc copy of this (jumbo-tron feed) show and then converted it to a DVD.

Whoever the person that is teasing us with this awesome footage needs to put up the whole show and stop teasing us with it. Its not fair for him to tease us and we don't see the show. It's unfair

Plus there are other factors to consider as well. MTV Europe started in 1987, so during Bad era. Before that Europe did not have MTV. So if it's true for some countries (like I know it's true for Germany, for example) that Bad and Dangerous era was more popular than Thriller I think it has more to do with the fact that the young people of Europe could see more of Michael from 1987 than before. Let me remind of another part of the Glenda tapes where Michael says how much German women like black men. LOL.

It's ridiculous to accuse non-US fans of racism - and that's exactly what Charles is doing with that comment.

And let us not forget that Europe only got to see Michael on stage from 1988 on!

If anyone wants to know the original uploaders username its : columbia81 he removed the video hours after it was posted.

Could have been a tape copy of the laser disc copy (then converted to the DVD he is playing).

Either that, or the laserdisc itself had that bad frame(s) on it from the original source tape.

Wow this is exciting yet sad... exciting because we now know it exists and sad because it's darn complicated to request and actually get an official release :sigh: which I hate because its quality is amazing...

Re: New CVictory Tour Toronto Snippets

Got goosebumps while watching this.. Thanks!

Could have been a tape copy of the laser disc copy (then converted to the DVD he is playing).

Either that, or the laserdisc itself had that bad frame(s) on it from the original source tape.
It's not from the laserdisc. It's a VHS copy of the jumbotron footage. The VHS was just very well stored by the fan :lol:

It's not from the laserdisc. It's a VHS copy of the jumbotron footage. The VHS was just very well stored by the fan :lol:
This is not VHS lol look at the quality. Could either be laserdisk or beta tape.

This is not VHS lol look at the quality. Could either be laserdisk or beta tape.

It IS VHS because the person who owns the tape is a good friend of mine. As I said earlier in this thread, my friend had shared with a number of people he trusted and one of those people gave the person who made the youtube video a copy. Those watermarked snippets of Shake Your Body that were from Facebook then put on Youtube are also from my friend

The original source of the VHS could be from beta, but what you are seeing is a VHS rip

If it's nearly impossible to release this concert, then maybe it should be leaked. I know that's not the best (nor legal) option, but it might be the only way we could see it in full.

MJJsBADEraLady87;3896107 said:
Now I don't know much about this guy by the name of Charles Thomson, although i'm sure some of you may have heard of him, but he' just commented on the damienshields.com website about the matter & this is what he had to say about it for the most part:

"I can’t see the Estate ever releasing this, firstly because they seem intent on primarily marketing Michael post-Thriller, when he was lighter-skinned and therefore more commercially viable, and secondly because it would actually be positive for MJ’s family, who the Estate overtly despise and sabotage at every possible opportunity."

"What a surprise. ‘Rumours’ about Michael’s black relatives being greedy crooks, trying to profit from their brother’s death.

The Estate simply has no intention of ever releasing anything which will in any way benefit MJ’s relatives, who the Estate overtly despise, publicly criticise and constantly attempt to sabotage. It’s true that John McClain is black, but it’s also true that he is powerless within the context of the Estate; a clear subordinate to John Branca. Let’s not forget, John McClain believed that the Cascio tracks were fake and was opposed to their inclusion on Michael Jackson ."
I read this today on Damien's website (don't remember how I fell across it), but I was really SHOCKED at Charles Thompson, who I USED to respect because of his old essays on Michael and the media witch hunt. He seems to really HATE the estate, and seems to think it's some kind of racial thing-even calling Michael's family his "black?" relatives???? Come on. He even brings up stuff about the Casio tracks-again, If you don't think it's him, don't buy the record! There's lots of stuff I don't buy, because I don't care for "new jack swing" or "remixes"-that doesn't mean the executors or Sony is trying to rip people off. Sorry-wrong place for this, but that just infuriated me today.
I do hope they can get the brothers to agree to put this out-everyone can make some money and I'm sure they need it-it would be good for them.

tumblr_ltqud5mO5k1qchnh6o1_500.gif
>
247.gif

I hope one day we have the dvd/bluray this tour! :woohoo:
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif
kermit.gif
*praying for this :pray:*

MJJsBADEraLady87;3896107 said:
Now I don't know much about this guy by the name of Charles Thomson, although i'm sure some of you may have heard of him, but he' just commented on the damienshields.com website about the matter & this is what he had to say about it for the most part:

"I can’t see the Estate ever releasing this, firstly because they seem intent on primarily marketing Michael post-Thriller, when he was lighter-skinned and therefore more commercially viable, and secondly because it would actually be positive for MJ’s family, who the Estate overtly despise and sabotage at every possible opportunity."

"What a surprise. ‘Rumours’ about Michael’s black relatives being greedy crooks, trying to profit from their brother’s death.

Blatant propaganda with absolutely no reliable factual basis.

The Estate simply has no intention of ever releasing anything which will in any way benefit MJ’s relatives, who the Estate overtly despise, publicly criticise and constantly attempt to sabotage. The Estate has even put out statements mocking MJ’s relatives as conspiracy theorists and making nasty comments about how they were not included in MJ’s (questionable) will. The Estate is overlty antagonistic towards the Jacksons.

The cover art for the Michael album is a disgrace and appears to have been designed with the specific intention of being as offensive as humanly possible. It depicts Joseph and Katherine surrounded by a leather belt, and Michael’s children at his memorial service, smiling upwards as hundred-dollar bills fall from the sky. Two naked children hover either side of MJ’s head and John Branca’s face appears in a mural of MJ’s supposed heroes, alongside James Brown and Martin Luther King.

It’s true that John McClain is black, but it’s also true that he is powerless within the context of the Estate; a clear subordinate to John Branca. Let’s not forget, John McClain believed that the Cascio tracks were fake and was opposed to their inclusion on the Michael album. When one of the two executors believes the songs are fake and they get released anyway, that tells you how much Branca values his opinions when it comes to the decision-making process.

Michael Jackson was bigger in America during the Thriller era, but bigger internationally in later years after his skin became lighter. The trial destroyed MJ’s image in America but less so abroad, particularly in Japan and Europe. Which image of MJ is used to sell the Immortal Tour – the Estate’s biggest profit-making venture since MJ’s death? It’s MJ in the early 90s, with lighter skin. The computer game? Same. The ‘One’ show? Same."

t7iucjjpg.gif
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

Still I think it's doable.
Me too-if they can all endure the nightmare that was the Victory tour with all their respective lawyers, managers, promoters, etc., they can all endure these meetings to get this out legally and make some money for ALL! They may have all hated each other and were jealous, etc, but that tour was terrific anyway-and we'd all love to see it and PAY FOR IT.

I hope the powers that be can work together on getting this Victory concert released. Especially the Toronto one we see in such great quality. Please leave your messages about it in the Online Team submission thread to show there is lots of support for a Victory Tour Release

Charles Thompson :wtf:eek:nly wrote one article about Michael that I respected. The past couple of years he actually offends me with his hate filled agendas and it's just embarrassing to read his ridiculous comments on anything lately. He is just so spiteful and vindictive with his misinformation. He will bash anything that is mentioned to be released because he has aligned himself with and supports the propaganda put out by, Estate haters/boycotters who want Nothing released.

If it's nearly impossible to release this concert, then maybe it should be leaked. I know that's not the best (nor legal) option, but it might be the only way we could see it in full.

I do not really like illegal leaks because I'd like MJ's Estate to prosper as much as possible, but if there's no other chance for it to be released then yeah a leak would be better than nothing at all. I promise I'll buy it if it should be released officially later on. :D

That was... That was just beautiful. Such wonderful editing, yet how sad it is it isn't currently available! It also looks like you can flick through the various song performances really easily too... Oh, man. I don't know whether to feel happy or sad about this. I want it so desperately, what a nice evening it'd be to just sit back, relax and enjoy the nice HD and camera angles! Maybe go back to re-watch some favourites again and again.

At this point i just want this to be leaked. It will save every party alot of hassle..

MJ's voice sounds so clear and pristine in this concert. That Thriller era voice!:)

It IS VHS because the person who owns the tape is a good friend of mine. As I said earlier in this thread, my friend had shared with a number of people he trusted and one of those people gave the person who made the youtube video a copy. Those watermarked snippets of Shake Your Body that were from Facebook then put on Youtube are also from my friend

The original source of the VHS could be from beta, but what you are seeing is a VHS rip

Could it be possible that we could see the full concert one day? I would love to see it and it would be a great collectible item. Please oh please

Thank you for the info. Its hard to believe its a VHS rip given the audio and video quality but I'll take your word for it. Its possible it was converted such as Beta > Laserdisk > VHS > DVD because I highly doubt a 29 year old VHS could hold such quality unless recently converted from a higher standard tape.
On the flip side this shows how great the quality would be for a release. I say, let the traders at it then in time hopefully it will leak in FULL. Not like Rome 88 or Buenos aires which is leaked incomplete...

Why would anybody NOT want a Victory Tour release because of the brothers getting money from it?
Who cares?
They are already getting money from anything Jacksons/j5 related anyway. What do you care if they also get money from something THEY PARTICIPATED IN?

And I really doubt it's a whole long negotiation process to get permission from the brothers. They probably would love the idea (and it's silly to think they'd ask for an absurd amount of money).

Not really sure who I'm directing this at. Just skimmed through comments.

Anyhoo, if they don't release a feature that is film-based, they'd probably pick a jumbo-tron show that they have multi tracks to remix with (like Wembley).
Whether or not it's Toronto or something else, we'll see.

Alls I'm sayin' is, the DVD better have the Van Halen performance of Beat It from Texas!
(but not holding my breath, since they didn't even put the Steve Stevens performance of Dirty Diana from NY on the DVD...)

Charles Thompson ::eek:nly wrote one article about Michael that I respected. The past couple of years he actually offends me with his hate filled agendas and it's just embarrassing to read his ridiculous comments on anything lately. He is just so spiteful and vindictive with his misinformation. He will bash anything that is mentioned to be released because he has aligned himself with and supports the propaganda put out by, Estate haters/boycotters who want Nothing released.
You have to be talking about the "Shameful piece of Media History" or something like that-tht is the article that I read and admired a long time ago as well, so this tirade took me by total surprise. Quite obvious that he has something against the Estate or the executors or Sony orwho knows what-but I for one, am thankful, that Michael was intelligent to put John Branca in charge-I was sorry that Branca, Frank and Michael all split up at the time and I'm thankful he is back. I definitely realize that Michael "fell out" with people sometimes, but in a lot of cases it didn't last and they picked right back up-including Sony, his record label.(On another note, there are a TON of people that he hooked up with that took way too long for him to DUMP!)

Back