Final verdict

• AEG liable

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • AEG not liable

Votes: 83 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Tear, is that your way of saying you cannot find the post even after I helped you narrow the options down? laughs

Serendipity, I had no idea the only reason for anyone to reject restitution was they were seeking more monies they were not guaranteed to receive. Panish should have reminded Katherine to say that when she testified instead of giving the answer she gave.

Not one poster here can say definitively why Katherine made any and all of her decisions. Not one. All of this is perceptions and views.

Please..please, PLEASE tell me you don't think Katherine didn't accept restitution because she cared for Conrad Murray's children.

By the way, I know the reason Katherine did what she did. Would you like the answer? *leans in and whispers* Because of M-O-N-E-Y. She and her children thought that getting restitution from some broke man wasn't gonna get them anywhere, so of course they went to the big guys..AEG. I don't like AEG, not at all. But what Katherine did was wrong. You may not agree, but *Tupac voice* That's just the way it is!

And about Conrad not making any profit off of Michael's death..they don't give the man pixie dust for the interviews and stuff. So it must be money.

Ivy, Passy001 and Last Tear have not produced a post where I said what they suggested I said. You are not going to be able to produce a post where I said I had no problem with indirect profit either. For as many times as I have said restitution does not prevent indirect profit; you have replied. That makes us even.

So the public is encouraging the media to profit with interviews and voicemails from the doctor who killed Michael? Would some fans be a part of that public? What about those fans The Chosen One spoke of who want to somehow prove the Jacksons wrong for not seeking restitution no matter how that effects Michael's memory? I truly believe if the doctor's release was not covered by any media outlets, several fans would question it instead of rejoicing.

If there was no demand or interest for any and all inane information from the doctor, which translates to profit for the media, there would be no interviews, no voicemails, nothing. I do appreciate you remembering the protest regarding the doctor’s documentary.

ivy;3920307 said:
As for the discussion don't worry. In 2 weeks this section would be a sub section of the trials and tribulations and discussion will mostly be over by then. After a few months this sub forum will get archived. An appeal - if filed- or any other developments would be followed at one new thread at trials & tribulations. so this is the last days of this discussion most probably. as everyone realizes some stuff came to the point of ad nauseam. Most people are either in the process of ignoring or moving on to other topics.

xosweetseducingsighsxo;3920319 said:
Please..please, PLEASE tell me you don't think Katherine didn't accept restitution because she cared for Conrad Murray's children.

By the way, I know the reason Katherine did what she did. Would you like the answer? *leans in and whispers* Because of M-O-N-E-Y. She and her children thought that getting restitution from some broke man wasn't gonna get them anywhere, so of course they went to the big guys..AEG. I don't like AEG, not at all. But what Katherine did was wrong. You may not agree, but *Tupac voice* That's just the way it is!

And about Conrad not making any profit off of Michael's death..they don't give the man pixie dust for the interviews and stuff. So it must be money.

Last edited:
Tygger;3920321 said:
Ivy, Passy001 and Last Tear have not produced a post where I said what they suggested I said. You are not going to be able to produce a post where I said I had no problem with indirect profit either. For as many times as I have said restitution does not prevent indirect profit; you have replied. That makes us even.

So the public is encouraging the media to profit with interviews and voicemails from the doctor who killed Michael? Would some fans be a part of that public? What about those fans The Chosen One spoke of who want to somehow prove the Jacksons wrong for not seeking restitution no matter how that effects Michael's memory?

If there was no demand or interest for any and all inane information from the doctor, which translates to profit for the media, there would be no interviews, no voicemails, nothing. I do appreciate you remembering the protest regarding the doctor’s documentary.

You know..if this is what really floats your boat then-- *Kanye shrug* Do you even understand what I said?

@Tygger

Originally Posted by LastTear
@Tygger, I have not seen any posts that remotely appear to be fans wishing Murray would profit. There was more to my response than the part you posted, which in fact was in response to a post by Bubs. The only fans that I could see that could possibly be accepting of Murray profiting would be those who support the Jacksons in NOT accepting restitution.
Originally Posted by LastTear
This is should be a futile argument for you anyway as you believe that the convicted felon is going to profit anyway.
Here is your original posts. I helped you by narrowing down your options by reminding you I support the Jacksons in NOT accepting restitution. Did that help?

Yes, they prove my point as they show that:

1. I state that I have not seen any posts showing that fans are hopeful that Murray will profit, after you had stated that they are hopeful that he will.

2. It clearly shows that I am considering a theory, possibly being the key word. You are accusing me of stating that there are posts from pro rejecting restitution fans who are hopeful Murray profits, and that is not what I said.

3. You and I have discussed the doctor profiting to death. We argued about whether he could indirectly profit because you did state on this board several months ago that nobody is going to pay a felon directly.

Are we clear now? I don't mind you disagreeing with me but I don't like being accused of saying something that I didn't.

Lets me give you an example of how you have a tendency to run away with things.

You said
Originally Posted by Tygger

So the public is encouraging the media to profit with interviews and voicemails from the doctor who killed Michael? Would some fans be a part of that public? What about those fans The Chosen One spoke of who want to somehow prove the Jacksons wrong for not seeking restitution no matter how that effects Michael's memory?

'What about those fans The Chosen One spoke of' you have taken it that these fans exist, when if fact The chosen One actually said.

Maybe some fans do hope that he will ATTEMPT to profit from his association with and murder of Michael Jackson. But I expect that that is their hope solely to show the Jacksons how wrong they were NOT TO ASK FOR RESTITUTION.

Key words - MAYBE/EXPECT Nowhere here does this poster state that they have seen such hope from fans.

This is why we end up in a web of confusion and going round in circles.

Last edited:
perhaps it explains why I don’t believe Dr. Conrad Murray was conflicted AT ALL. He got lucky with MJ's interest in him and took full advantage of the situation. He was an opportunist who saw MJ's desperation and calculated how to best serve his interests

Tygger;3920066 said:
????

That is the very definition of a conflicted doctor. The Hippocratic Oath is ignored and the patient is not first.

I was referring to conflict in the moral sense. Don't think he gave his oath a second thought. I would have hoped there would have been a conscience battle going on with him, an actual contemplation of should I do this? But long ago realized his arrogance and greed easily trumped everything else.

But OT...I hope everyone checks this marching band out for one of those feelgood MJ moments.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-band-moonwalk-in-the-form-of-Michael-Jackson

As for the discussion don't worry. In 2 weeks this section would be a sub section of the trials and tribulations and discussion will mostly be over by then. After a few months this sub forum will get archived. An appeal - if filed- or any other developments would be followed at one new thread at trials & tribulations. so this is the last days of this discussion most probably. as everyone realizes some stuff came to the point of ad nauseam. Most people are either in the process of ignoring or moving on to other topics.

Ivy, if there is going to be an appeal, wasn't there some sort of time limit when it has to be filed?

FYI, obviously CM's gf's has contacted on their trusted media outlet TMZ:

Multiple sources tell us ... Murray -- with the help of his GF Nicole Alvarez -- has been contacting publicists around town, hoping he can find someone who can help change his image and even book him gigs in Hollywood.

The game plan is obvious -- We've learned network TV shows are falling over each other to book Murray for the first post-jail interview, and a lot of money is being offered. And we're told he's been writing a book as well. Based on what we know a reality show is not out of the question.

Direct or indirect profiting, CM is making tons of money of his crime, and MJ's family sees nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
FYI, obviously CM's gf's has contacted on their trusted source TMZ:

Multiple sources tell us ... Murray -- with the help of his GF Nicole Alvarez -- has been contacting publicists around town, hoping he can find someone who can help change his image and even book him gigs in Hollywood.

The game plan is obvious -- We've learned network TV shows are falling over each other to book Murray for the first post-jail interview, and a lot of money is being offered. And we're told he's been writing a book as well. Based on what we know a reality show is not out of the question.

Direct or indirect profiting, CM is making tons of money of his crime, and MJ's family sees nothing wrong with it.

Maybe Katherine would like to apply for the job, publicist for their so loved doctor death?

A reality show? Oh please no. He can't become a celebrity on the back of killing someone, can he?

When Sullivan's book was boycotted it got in the media and the next day the sales increased. So in this case it was a little counter productive. Also wasn't T-Mez supporting his book?

Even if restitution is pointless in some cases, in others in may work. You never know! The Jacksons should not have taken any chances to try and protect their loved one! Even if the chances are small.

Tygger, If it wasn't for money, why wouldn't they accept restitution just in case? What other logical reason there is? It's not for money, right? So what prevented them from taking it? The only thing they could lose by accepting it was money. So if they didn't care for money, why not accept it?

FYI, obviously CM's gf's has contacted on their trusted source TMZ:

well let's look to it, game plan is obvious , well yeah it has been obvious for many people. first post-jail interview, book, reality show and so on.. "a lot of money is being offered".

Ivy, if there is going to be an appeal, wasn't there some sort of time limit when it has to be filed?

Deadline to file a notice of appeal
You can file a notice of appeal as soon as the order or judgment you want to appeal is signed by the superior court judge and stamped "Filed" by the court clerk. The judgment is "entered" when it is stamped "Filed." This is also called the "entry of judgment."

You MUST file your notice of appeal no later than the following deadlines:

For a limited civil case (a civil case involving an amount that is $25,000 or less), you must serve and file your notice of appeal on or before the earliest of:
30 days after the trial court clerk mails you notice that the judgment has been entered in your case or a copy of the judgment stamped "Filed," or
30 days after the other side serves you with notice that the judgment has been entered or a copy of the judgment stamped "Filed," or
90 days after the entry of the judgment.

For an unlimited civil case (such as a civil case involving an amount over $25,000 or a family law case), you must serve and file the notice of appeal on or before the earliest of:
60 days after the trial court clerk serves you with notice that judgment has been entered in your case or a copy of the judgment stamped "Filed," or
60 days after the other side serves you with notice that the judgment has been entered or a copy of the judgment stamped "Filed," or
180 days after the entry of the judgment.

Make sure you meet your deadlines. You cannot ask for more time to file your notice of appeal. If your notice of appeal is late, your appeal will be dismissed.

Is the deadline to file a notice of appeal ever extended?
The time to file a notice of appeal is extended if there is a timely motion:

For a new trial,
To vacate (cancel) or set aside the judgment,
For judgment notwithstanding the verdict, or
To reconsider an appealable order.
The deadline can also be extended if a public entity that was the defendant in the trial court case asks the trial court to take certain other actions.

Because these types of motions and actions may result in a change to the judgment or order you may want to appeal, the time to file the notice of appeal is extended until after the court decides these motions or other requests. That way, you can see if the judgment or order was changed before you decide whether to appeal.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/12428.htm

Who is to say they haven't brokered deal with CM already? How else can you explain their actions?

That family has no dignity, integrity or loyalty. The only thing that matters is amount of dollars and they are ready and willing to do anything to get some money, no matter what.

Even if restitution is pointless in some cases, in others in may work. You never know! The Jacksons should not have taken any chances to try and protect their loved one! Even if the chances are small.

If it wasn't for money, why wouldn't they accept restitution just in case? What other logical reason there is? It's not for money, right? So what prevented them from taking it? The only thing they could lose by accepting it was money. So if they didn't care for money, why not accept it?

They could have taken restitution and give that money to charity MJ supported, but that too was impossible because they would have had to bring it out in this trial that they get some money out of CM already, thus less damages from AEG. Even the small amount from CM would have done wonders to any charity, but to Jackson family, charity start at home.

Last edited:
well let's look to it, game plan is obvious , well yeah it has been obvious for many people. first post-jail interview, book, reality show and so on.. "a lot of money is being offered".

He has interview with Matt Lauer lined up.
Reminder for anyone who thinks he is not going to make money
http://www.today.com/video/today/53173679#53173679

I recommend to watch the video because it is just a reminder who killed Michael and who should pay.

Why wouldn't those tv shows not invite him to their shows? Because Jackson family by their lack of actions have indicated that CM did nothing wrong and don't deserve to be punished any further (if possible we should start collecting college fund for his kids). I just wonder how come their are not so forgiving towards AEG.

Family couldn't sink any lower than their did with not taking restitution from CM.

'What will you do when you get out of prison'?

'I will embrace my children'

Selfish, selfish thing to say when his victims children can no longer embrace their father, thanks soley to his actions.

I don't want to see any fake crocodile tears from Katherine when this monster gets out and start doing the interview circuit..

I don't want to see any fake crocodile tears from Katherine when this monster gets out and start doing the interview circuit..

Why do you think she would be watching them or crying over them?
The chances are that she won't even follow any shows other than Oprah and she doesn't watch telly, nor read news. Don't you remember what she said in her testimony? She missed Michael's world wide announcement going to rehab because she didn't watch the news. If she doesn't see it, it doesn't excist.
It is a different thing for Michael's kids. They read stuff from internet and school mates helping inform them about what CM said about their dad. This family have no problems sending message to MJ's executors via media and demand them to resign, but when it comes to sending message to media that it is discusting to accomondate CM in their shows, they sit in their lazy arses as there is nothing for them to gain. If family doesn't respect Michael, would should any tabloids or chat shows?

It is a good thing MJ had a Will, as KJ as administrator of his estate would have been major catastrophe, not to mention her looking after MJ legacy.

Why do you think she would be watching them or crying over them?
The chances are that she won't even follow any shows other than Oprah and she doesn't watch telly, nor read news. Don't you remember what she said in her testimony? She missed Michael's world wide announcement going to rehab because she didn't watch the news. If she doesn't see it, it doesn't excist.
It is a different thing for Michael's kids. They read stuff from internet and school mates helping inform them about what CM said about their dad. This family have no problems sending message to MJ's executors via media and demand them to resign, but when it comes to sending message to media that it is discusting to accomondate CM in their shows, they sit in their lazy arses as there is nothing for them to gain. If family doesn't respect Michael, would should any tabloids or chat shows?

It is a good thing MJ had a Will, as KJ as administrator of his estate would have been major catastrophe, not to mention her looking after MJ legacy.

oh yeah Bubs I forgot about that,. she keeps her ears and eyes closed to bad news, that's why she was clueless when her son entered rehab. And you are right about them sending the execs a letter demanding them to resign yet they can't get together and denounce this murdering doctor for nothing. I bet the kidnappers ( Randy, Jermaine, Rebbie and Janet) will be silent when Murray makes the rounds as usual.

If Murray does this, doesn't this violate doctor/patient privilege? a doctor should never sell out a patient like that. That is a violation of the HIPPA laws

Your posts make plenty of references to that.

Interesting. The current TMZ article seems to be more favorable (and hopeful). Not so much on the article about the doctor retrieving his licenses.

Gerryevans, I do not understand the difference. A conflicted doctor is a conflicted doctor. The marching band was grand. Thank you.

Serendipity, if you ask me the same question, I will give the same answer regardless of the number of times asked. Katherine testified why she did not accept restitution. Some accept it, some do not; simple as that. The campaign against Sullivan was successful and some posters on MJJC were a part of it.

Last Tear, you said to me that “you believe the convicted felon was going to profit anyway” and “the only fans that I could see that could possibly be accepting of Murray profiting would be those who support the Jacksons in NOT accepting restitution.”

How do you know I believe the doctor will "profit anyway" as a fan who accepts the Jacksons rejection of restitution unless you read one of my posts???? Maybe you used some amazing power to read my inner most thoughts????

When in doubt, you have express confusion where some others have used rudeness. . The results are still the same: no re-quotes. How would I know some posts expressed hopefulness unless I read it?

Maybe some fans do hope that he will ATTEMPT to profit from his association with and murder of Michael Jackson. But I expect that that is their hope solely to show the Jacksons how wrong they were NOT TO ASK FOR RESTITUTION.

Re-quoted just because. Last Tear, they exist; however, they seem to hide from you in plain sight.

Last edited:
@Tygger
Last Tear, you said to me that “you believe the convicted felon was going to profit anyway” and “the only fans that I could see that could possibly be accepting of Murray profiting would be those who support the Jacksons in NOT accepting restitution.”

How do you know I believe the doctor will "profit anyway" as a fan who accepts the Jacksons rejection of restitution unless you read one of my posts???? Maybe you used some amazing power to read my inner most thoughts????

When in doubt, you have express confusion where some others have used rudeness. See Passy001's post above. The results are still the same: no re-quotes. How would I know some posts expressed hopefulness unless I read it?

Re-quoted just because. Last Tear, they exist; however, they seem to hide from you in plain sight.

Tygger, I'm not the one causing confusion here, I'm sorry to say that you make statements that lead to this confusion. And no, rudeness does not help and I do try to avoid it. If you are offended by something you should report.

I know what we argued about months ago on here, one of your arguments for accepting rejection of restitution was that the doctor will profit anyway, indirectly but that you didn't believe that anyone would pay a convicted felon. In a nutshell, obviously not a direct quote, but that's what I took for our much earlier discussions.

Tygger, I am missing something here, what is it? You quoted The chosen Ones thought on how they MIGHT hope for restitution, but you said there are posts stating that some were hopeful he would. I said I haven't seen any, The Chosen ones post is not one of them, so perhaps to clear this up you need to show me another example so I can see to what posts you are referring to. Then I might understand where you are coming from.

Last Tear, how nice that you remembered I said indirectly! If you truly remember, I said he has profited indirectly and restitution cannot hinder that. Remember again: the interviews, documentary, and articles you see now, restitution would not stop and will not stop future ones as no outlet will pay this convict directly.

Only you know why you posted that I, a fan who accepts the Jacksons rejecting restitution, is hopeful the doctor will profit from his fatal crime via a possible book, schedule interviews, and MY(!) a reality show no less! You have not seen me post anything of the sort and any powers you may have used did not discover it.

This actually reminds me a bit of the hopefulness of Michael completing a world tour, sponsorships, movies, etc. during his comeback from the civil trial.

Last Tear, how nice that you remembered I said indirectly! If you truly remember, I said he has profited indirectly and restitution cannot hinder that. Remember again: the interviews, documentary, and articles you see now, restitution would not stop and will not stop future ones as no outlet will pay this convict directly.

Only you know why you posted that I, a fan who accepts the Jacksons rejecting restitution, is hopeful the doctor will profit from his fatal crime via a possible book, schedule interviews, and MY(!) a reality show no less! You have not seen me post anything of the sort and any powers you may have used did not discover it.

This actually reminds me a bit of the hopefulness of Michael completing a world tour, sponsorships, movies, etc. during his comeback from the civil trial.

Of course I remembered it, we argued about it long enough, and we still disagree whether restitution would hinder that. LOL and I still don't and will never understand why the Jacksons wouldn't even want to try to to prevent him.

Tygger I never said that YOU were hopeful. If you think I was using some sort of subliminal message to you via my response to Bubs then you are mistaken. I don't doubt that you would not want the doctor profiting, and I don't put all fans who think the same way as you into one basket and believe that you all think exactly the same way on every subject. Besides which I'm not even stating as fact that any fans who were accepting of rejected restitution do actually wish for the profit, it was a thought/suggestion based on a comment from Buds about if the Jacksons were okay with the profit then really fans who supported that decision should be as well. (Not direct quote). I did make that clear on an earlier post.

As you say Last Tear.

I realize I forgot to add that AEG did not pay the doctor directly either. They did not pay him at all for his two months of fit and competent general care that killed Michael. I know, Michael did not sign the contract. It is always comes back to Michael (and other Jacksons at times) being held accountable for others actions.

Last edited:
FYI, obviously CM's gf's has contacted on their trusted media outlet TMZ:

Maybe Katherine would like to apply for the job, publicist for their so loved doctor death?

Should I give both Conrad and Nicole a glass of water? They seem oh so thirsty.

Of course I remembered it, we argued about it long enough, and we still disagree whether restitution would hinder that. LOL and I still don't and will never understand why the Jacksons wouldn't even want to try to to prevent him.

Because sadly they would rather try to get more money than try to protect their loved one. They chose to fight for more money, that battle was more worthy to them.

In the end they didn't get either. Some money just wasn't enough, they wanted more, as much as possible, billions. Now they have nothing. That's what happens when you're so greedy - you're left with nothing.

Their actions prior and especially after his death have proven that Michael was not a loved one, his bank account was the loved one.

I have to say that if anyone actually gives this man a reality show is lacking morals and integrity. Anyone to me who interviews him or gives him the time of day will be on my blacklist. He killed Michael and has no remorse over it. I cannot stomach anything from him. My fear is that people will give him a free pass and forget what he did to Michael. He needs to be reminded everyday of his life what he did. Not rewarded with shows or book deals whatever. Something is wrong with this world.

Everyone is looking at the Jacksons or AEG. It's Murray that everyone should be paying attention to. When Michael was alive nobody suspected Murray as the problem and now it's happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back