VIDEOS -Michael Jackson: The Untold Story of Neverland DVD Release - Interview / Preview

Re: VIDEO -Michael Jackson: The Untold Story of Neverland DVD Release - CBS Preview

For more information, contact Larry Nimmer of Nimmer Pictures Inc. at (805) 566-0198 or visit www.nimmer.net - Email larry@nimmer.net - Larry Nimmer @ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LarryNimmer

Re-posts of Video / Link

Filmmaker Larry Nimmer gained unprecedented access to Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch during the 2005 trial, and now Nimmer is revealing some details about this documentary in an interview with the Insider...

VIDEO:
http://www.theinsider.com/news/2352888_The_Untold_Story_of_Neverland

Clip

is there anyone that has ordered and gotten their dvd yet?

I ordered it over a week ago, and then Larry sent me a message that he wasn't going to send it out until the end of this past week because he was updating it with footage from the memorials. Yesterday morning I got an e-mail that it was shipped to me, so I'm expecting it near the end of this upcoming week, since it's coming from California and I'm on the East Coast.

Those of you who can't order it because of your location--you should send Larry a message about it. He might not be aware of this.

I agree with all of you on the cover; I can't stand it either. It makes it hard to discern whether it's positive or trashy. :huh:

When some of you buy it and watch it can you write a report of it what it was like. ?

Oh boy, people on youtube first were sweettalking MJ, and now they go all crazy about sensors in MJ's house.....sigh. Something which i don't even see in the video.

Last edited:
I ordered it over a week ago, and then Larry sent me a message that he wasn't going to send it out until the end of this past week because he was updating it with footage from the memorials. Yesterday morning I got an e-mail that it was shipped to me, so I'm expecting it near the end of this upcoming week, since it's coming from California and I'm on the East Coast.

Those of you who can't order it because of your location--you should send Larry a message about it. He might not be aware of this.

I agree with all of you on the cover; I can't stand it either. It makes it hard to discern whether it's positive or trashy. :huh:

Oh nice! As a previous poster stated, would be really nice if u posted some sort of review of the DVD.. Cause yeah as u say, it's really hard to determine if the DVD is any good or just trash..

What is that crap being told about sensors in his bedroom at that youtube link? I don't see anything of that...not that this would mean anything though.

What's so sickening is that they are acting like they are looking for the worst terrorist ever.

All the cops in his house. Looking for Michael Jackson. See how they look around. Almost in excitement. It's disgusting really.

Yeah, it's beyond sickening. I bet Tom Sneddon gave them the order to just not give a damn and trash the place. But i guess in the end...they are not to blame.Merely doing their jobs. They are being told to search the place....which also means getting info safes, breaking open drawers and things like that.

Surprised bitch-ass Sneddon himself wasn't there too.

Am I the only one who doesn't think it was weird for Michael to have an alarm system for his bedroom? If I were an ultra-rich superstar with tons of staff (housekeepers, security, cooks, etc.) in the house, I would have an alarm system for my personal space.

i wanna buy it but my mum wont let me :(
Cuz we have to use credit card to get it....i want this so badly

Am I the only one who doesn't think it was weird for Michael to have an alarm system for his bedroom? If I were an ultra-rich superstar with tons of staff (housekeepers, security, cooks, etc.) in the house, I would have an alarm system for my personal space.

I don't think it was weird at all either. Of course, critics would like to make the argument that he had those sensors there so that no one could catch him doing anything...:chichi:

It never ends.

Yeh i dont think it werid either.

I dont blame him for having that alarm there. Actually i heard that was where he had wine in there, and they put alarm there incase young children try to get in there. It was to warn mike and his staff at neverland.

I don't think it was weird at all either. Of course, critics would like to make the argument that he had those sensors there so that no one could catch him doing anything...:chichi:

It never ends.
Their imagination is amazing. They create all these creepy scenarios and talk about the tactics a pedophile would use and how they'd plan. All these disgusting things that wouldn't cross Michael's mind, yet ironically, the haters are the ones coming up with all these dirty schemes. Makes you wonder who the real creeps are. Hmm....

In Elvis's house nobody was allowed to go upstairs,only whoever He invited.He had a small window,mirror from outside,window from the inside,so he could see if someone came.Nobody thought it was that strange.

Yeah, I can't comprehend if Michael wouldn't have had some kind of security system to know who was around! Not weird AT ALL! I remember in interviews years ago reading about how girls had gotten into the house on Havenhurst and at least one of his brothers had awakened with people in his room.

I can't believe that Michael didn't have a full-out panic room, just that little closet. Oh wait, his sinister secret closet... :rolleyes2:

I have the DVD but haven't watched the documentary itself yet. I really wish that Nimmer's footage of Neverland, as shown in court, would've been included separately from the main documentary instead of being spliced together throughout the entire documentary inbetween excerpts of the Arvizos, Bashir, the raid, etc... A few additional clips of Neverland are included as extras but the original footage doesn't seem to be available as a separate video from the main documentary and is only shown a few seconds at a time throughout.

Hmm, I'm interested in the DVD, but I'm not really interested in seeing much of the Arvizos, Bashir, and the cops doing the raid. How much of the DVD is focused on all of that stuff vs. just showing what Neverland was like?

I saw an interview with Nimmer where he mentioned that the footage would show some of Michael's library - he supposedly had ~10,000 books. Were you able to learn much about the books that he liked from this video? I'm really interested in stuff like that.

Last edited:
This documentary is totally positive. Here are the points that Larry makes, if anyone is interested:

--Everyone loves a sensational trial, especially if celebrities are involved. The media can easily manipulate and twist things around by providing one-sided footage and brief soundbites to sum up a day in court. The more sensational a story, the more it sells.

--Larry wasn't sure what to believe about Michael when he started filming at the ranch. All he knew of him was his musical career, his controversies, and rumored eccentricities. He was given full access to the entire ranch, with the exception of Michael's dance and recording studio, private office, and the kids' bedrooms.

--Michael was one of the most famous people in the world, but was isolated and lonely. He had a rough childhood and was desperate for friends, but had trouble finding people who would love him for who he was inside and not for his celebrity and fame.

--Tom Mesereau and Paul Rodriguez (jury foreman) voice their opinions that Martin Bashir manipulated Michael and deliberately led him into a trap of saying things that were controversial and would show him in a light that Bashir already viewed him in.

--The story of Gavin and how his friendship with Michael came to be, Gavin's subsequent recovery from stage 4 terminal cancer and the family's initial gratitude to Michael for taking them in and caring about them.

--Gavin and his siblings' misbehavior at the ranch, Michael distancing himself from them, and Janet contacting Larry Feldman, who then contacted the psychologist from '93, and then Tom Sneddon.

--Janet Arviso's past litigation with J.C. Penney, the family's history of trying to grift celebrities, and the fact that the boys lied under oath in the J.C. Penney case

--The Arvisos' claim that their rebuttal video was scripted, even though their easy-going demeanor and joking during the filming of that video clearly proves otherwise.

--Video of Gavin talking about his molestation with the sheriffs is shown. It is noted that Gavin doesn't seem to be nervous or upset about this, and that the sheriffs appear to be guiding him toward certain answers that they want to hear.

--Rodriguez and Mesereau talk about Tom Sneddon and their opinions that he had an axe to grind with Michael because he couldn't nail him in '93. A good point is made about the Arvisos and the sheriffs enabling each other in this case.

--Janet and Gavin claimed that they were held hostage at the ranch and were not allowed to ever know what time it was, but there were clocks all over the ranch and within view of most buildings, and Janet had taken a bunch of trips to a salon during that time, and never tried to get help.

--The '93 case was a result of Evan Chandler wanting revenge because Michael wouldn't fund his screenwriting aspirations. Geraldine Hughes, who wrote a book about that case, was a paralegal for Larry Feldman and says that she witnessed Michael being set up. The fact that Michael settled with them out of court provided leverage for others to make claims so that they could get a payday as well.

--Michael was only guilty of childlike innocence and bad judgment.

The end of the film is updated to include Michael's passing and Paris's speech at his memorial.

The clips used in the film are all kind of spliced together--footage from "Living With Michael Jackson," the rooms at Neverland, Michael's songs, the sheriff's video, outside shots of Neverland, etc. The raid footage is included in the extras, but doesn't actually show them ransacking or tearing anything apart in the house--it just shows them arriving on the property and talking to the employees about why they're there.

Oh, and for the person asking about books, you can't really see from the footage what titles are in the library--the camera isn't close enough. :(

Exactly , and like that youtube poster.

people are silly and use the internet to make stupid comments
If Michael didn't have an alarm system to his bedroom I would have been shocked.
He had too much staff and visitors at neverland coming in and out of that house. Plus its not like Michael was there 365 days a year.
He traveled alot, if would not have had a alarm system people would have been doing all kind of shit..

mnj1985 - thanks for the detailed description! I'll probably order this.

This documentary is totally positive. Here are the points that Larry makes, if anyone is interested:

--Everyone loves a sensational trial, especially if celebrities are involved. The media can easily manipulate and twist things around by providing one-sided footage and brief soundbites to sum up a day in court. The more sensational a story, the more it sells.

--Larry wasn't sure what to believe about Michael when he started filming at the ranch. All he knew of him was his musical career, his controversies, and rumored eccentricities. He was given full access to the entire ranch, with the exception of Michael's dance and recording studio, private office, and the kids' bedrooms.

--Michael was one of the most famous people in the world, but was isolated and lonely. He had a rough childhood and was desperate for friends, but had trouble finding people who would love him for who he was inside and not for his celebrity and fame.

--Tom Mesereau and Paul Rodriguez (jury foreman) voice their opinions that Martin Bashir manipulated Michael and deliberately led him into a trap of saying things that were controversial and would show him in a light that Bashir already viewed him in.

--The story of Gavin and how his friendship with Michael came to be, Gavin's subsequent recovery from stage 4 terminal cancer and the family's initial gratitude to Michael for taking them in and caring about them.

--Gavin and his siblings' misbehavior at the ranch, Michael distancing himself from them, and Janet contacting Larry Feldman, who then contacted the psychologist from '93, and then Tom Sneddon.

--Janet Arviso's past litigation with J.C. Penney, the family's history of trying to grift celebrities, and the fact that the boys lied under oath in the J.C. Penney case

--The Arvisos' claim that their rebuttal video was scripted, even though their easy-going demeanor and joking during the filming of that video clearly proves otherwise.

--Video of Gavin talking about his molestation with the sheriffs is shown. It is noted that Gavin doesn't seem to be nervous or upset about this, and that the sheriffs appear to be guiding him toward certain answers that they want to hear.

--Rodriguez and Mesereau talk about Tom Sneddon and their opinions that he had an axe to grind with Michael because he couldn't nail him in '93. A good point is made about the Arvisos and the sheriffs enabling each other in this case.

--Janet and Gavin claimed that they were held hostage at the ranch and were not allowed to ever know what time it was, but there were clocks all over the ranch and within view of most buildings, and Janet had taken a bunch of trips to a salon during that time, and never tried to get help.

--The '93 case was a result of Evan Chandler wanting revenge because Michael wouldn't fund his screenwriting aspirations. Geraldine Hughes, who wrote a book about that case, was a paralegal for Larry Feldman and says that she witnessed Michael being set up. The fact that Michael settled with them out of court provided leverage for others to make claims so that they could get a payday as well.

--Michael was only guilty of childlike innocence and bad judgment.

The end of the film is updated to include Michael's passing and Paris's speech at his memorial.

The clips used in the film are all kind of spliced together--footage from "Living With Michael Jackson," the rooms at Neverland, Michael's songs, the sheriff's video, outside shots of Neverland, etc. The raid footage is included in the extras, but doesn't actually show them ransacking or tearing anything apart in the house--it just shows them arriving on the property and talking to the employees about why they're there.

Oh, and for the person asking about books, you can't really see from the footage what titles are in the library--the camera isn't close enough. :(

Thankyou for all that, mnj. :hug:
I will definitely get this DVD somehow. In your opinion, overall, do you think this DVD is revealing/well-done enough to shoot down anything any haters might say?

I remember when Larry 1st announced he was putting this doc together. I believe that he was attempting to shed true light on all things, Neverland. He he makes a profit from bringing light to the world, then more power to him. :clapping:

Back