*Voting closed * Michael Jackson songs - Smooth Radio's All-Time Top 500 [Update MJ # 8 MITM]

seany

Proud Member
Hey all,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Smooth FM Radio (Huge Radio station in the UK/Ireland) havea competition running, info below:

At the end of November, we will be showcasing Smooth&#8217;s &#8220;All-Time Top 500&#8221;songs. Every single song, played in full - and we need your votes.

You have until Sunday 24th November to vote for your top three favouritesongs from our list. Once voting has closed, we will comb our way through theresults and draw up &#8216;The All-Time Top 500&#8217; countdown based on your suggestions.

This All-Time Top 500 will be played, in full, across a dedicated weekend -from Friday 29th November to Sunday 1st December. This means, between 6am and8pm across the three days, you won&#8217;t hear the same song more than once!

Plus, between 4pm and 7pm on Sunday 1st December there will be a specialrundown of your Top 40, presented by Simon Bates.

Michael Jackson songs on the list:

Man In The Mirror<o:p></o:p>
Human Nature<o:p></o:p>
She&#8217;s Out of my Life<o:p></o:p>
Rock With You<o:p></o:p>
The Jackson 5 &#8211; I&#8217;ll Be There<o:p></o:p>
The Jacksons &#8211; Let me Show you the way to go<o:p></o:p>

I have just voted for I&#8217;ll Be There, Man in The Mirror and Human Nature. :yes: Please copy and paste link below:

http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/competitions-offers/alltime-top-500-vote-win/d5cba<o:p></o:p>

PLEASE SHARE ON OTHER MJ FAN SITES/FACEBOOK/TWITTER etc.

Re: *PLEASE VOTE* Michael Jackson songs - Smooth Radio's All-Time Top 500

Voted & Shared picked three of Michael's song's, he deserves to win. I wouldn't mind if J5 won though of course :)

Off The Wall and I Just Can't Stop Loving You are also on the list. The choices are a bit random. Why not Billie Jean, Beat It etc.?

And you have to be British to vote?

Voted.
I agree the choices are a bit random.

Off The Wall?? Weird to include that when more usual choices are ignored (e.g. Billie Jean, Thriller etc). I have no problem with lesser known MJ tracks getting some recognition though.

Also, you don't have to be british to vote if you know a UK postcode and can enter a mobile phone number in the correct format for a UK based mobile (use google for both).

Okay.. I got it. Voted! :D

I used the prime minister's postal code :p and voted for Human Nature, Man in the Mirror and Rock With You.

I used the prime minister's postal code :p and voted for Human Nature, Man in the Mirror and Rock With You.

I just skipped the enter zip code and clicked a place on the map to the right and it let me vote . :lol:

You can tweet #Smooth500 I voted for #MJ after you vote.

I tweeted the details to the UK/Ireland region fans via @MJJCLegacyTeam Twitter so MJ fans would know.

Last edited:

Voted :D

Just voted. Included J5 Got to be there as they were such a great group. Nothing like them today.

I voted for Man In The Mirror, Human Nature and She's Out of My Life. The first two were obvious from the options given (which is, as I said, a bit random), for the third I was torn between SOOML and Off The Wall, but I went for SOOML eventually. I think MITM and HN will probably make it on the list, because I think many MJ fans will pick those and for the third song the votes will be scattered between the other songs.

Just voted. Included J5 Got to be there as they were such a great group. Nothing like them today.

Got To Be There is a solo MJ song, not J5. They labelled it mistakenly if they called it a J5 song.

Off The Wall and I Just Can't Stop Loving You are also on the list. The choices are a bit random. Why not Billie Jean, Beat It etc.?

And you have to be British to vote?
No, I just clicked on London, and the site moved me forward; so I could vote. :yes:

Voted..

Got To Be There is a solo MJ song, not J5. They labelled it mistakenly if they called it a J5 song.

i was just about to say that :p it was on Michael's debut solo album and released as a single in 1971 :D

if i remember correctly i voted for: Rock with You, Human Nature & Man In The Mirror! :)

if i remember correctly i voted for: Rock with You, Human Nature & Man In The Mirror! :)

Me too! I see there's only one vote per person, so that's it for me!

Oops''' Thanks for pointing that out. I should have known better. What do the radio station know anyway, probably never heard of MJ ha'ha'

Let us know the outcome, you know we like to win for MJ!:)

Guys...something is really odd about this... since I made my original post about this, MORE Michael songs have been added!!! Off the Wall and I just cant stop loving you!!

How random?

Surely that gives the latter two a disadvantage in the voting? Damn I wish I had taken a screen shot at the time because they can dispute this if I complain!

Also Got to be there isn't on the list, well I cannot locate it but I see that a few people on here said that it was??

Poll closes in 3 days!!

Also I have just realised something.... If Michael was leading in say the top 3 spots....then perhaps his other songs were 'added' in the hope that voters would be swayed therefore minimising his chances of winning with the votes being split unevenly. I have emailed to complain. Has anyone taken a screen shot of the song choices before the other two were added to the list?

Thanks!

PSs. I am listening to Smooth Radio now and low and behold, Off the Wall has just come on!! Maybe they REALLY want that one to win?! :yes:

I voted the same day when you posted this competition here and I could have sworn that I voted OTT, MITM and RWY?

voted

Isn't this over now?

Yes its over.. MJ ranked # 8 with Man In The Mirror.

Back