Waiting for something MJ Estate??

A Michael Jackson album shouldn't have fake songs on it. Period. Those three fake songs are unforgivable.

^ You're right, but it happened.. so what do we do? boycott it all? would you be ok if they re released without those 3 tracks?... I am not one to believe the estate was "in" on cascio tracks, more so Cascio submitted the songs and they heard it without questioning if that was MJ or not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/GOxaHKV1Vk">pic.twitter.com/GOxaHKV1Vk</a></p>&mdash; MJJ-TheKing. (@Jujujunior) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jujujunior/status/764432691785760769">August 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would say that the above is a pretty perfect posthumous MJ-Album. So just do it yourself. And let the rest take car of itself, there is nothing we can do.
Other we can enjoy the precious authentic stuff we got. I wouldn't want to miss the 7 real tracks we got with the MICHAEL release. And the cover is my second favorite behind DANGEROUS.

All I want is a full Bad Tour 1988 Concert in DECENT quality, after that will be my retirement as fan... Lol...

i hope something epic comes out of dangerous 25, otherwise ill be disappointed

Xscape has stronger production work overall but struggles to maintain constant quality in my opinion. The first four songs + the title track are excellent, but the next three dip into mediocrity. Some of the demos make even less of an impression, regardless of their state of completion. It also leaves somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth to know that the concept seems to have been, "Let's allow contemporary producers, several of which never collaborated with Michael, to remix these songs entirely and present these remixes as the official versions! And just to throw the fans a bone, let's toss the original demos on the expanded edition. But to rub it in their faces for being greedy, let's give the remixes top-notch mastering jobs and the demos rudimentary ones!"

Michael is a much more respectful and accomplished album in the sense that they took what Michael had done and ran with it as opposed to essentially throwing away all of his ideas. The only real missed opportunity for me is "Another Day," which pales in comparison to the leaked extract. But the other six songs are beautifully done and expertly crafted, particularly "Hollywood Tonight" and "Behind the Mask".

Dangerous25 was never confirmed to be happening. There was no sly hints or leaks of information on any platform.

And this is what I've been repeating for at least a year and a half -- now people are beginning to expect a Dangerous25 and are going to start taking unwarranted shots at the estate if it doesn't happen.

The OTW documentary was not good Imo. It was over an hour of people saying MJ is great. There was barely anything new and honestly I almost didn't watch it all. It was very boring. One massive "MJ is my idol", "MJ is great", "I sing because of MJ" fest. It was basically Bad 25 again, but worse. Also, people expecting anything significant for a Dangerous re-release, if one is done at all, are deluded. The Estate only care about making the most money off of MJ as they can without spending a lot. I can't wait for the next album with all the Remixes from hot tendy artists that are made a day before the album comes out.

Last edited:

"I hope this thing that nobody from the Estate or Sony has ever mentioned or given the impression is planned happens or I'll be disappointed" OK.

I liked 'Michael', and I liked 'Xscape' even more.

But then, I go through life trying to concentrate on the positives and not obsessing about the negatives.

If we get another album/DVD of MJ's work, and it's done with the very best intentions - which I am sure it will - then I will welcome it. Anything that helps to keep Michael's name in the spotlight is good to me.

"I hope this thing that nobody from the Estate or Sony has ever mentioned or given the impression is planned happens or I'll be disappointed" OK.

I'll be disappointed if they don't do it, IMO it's Michael greatest achievement as an artist and one that is overlooked I feel... overshadowed by the colossal impact of it's prior three albums.

It's the perfect opportunity really, given they have plenty of unreleased material to work with too. You can claim "oh Bad 25 didn't sell that well" but I see plenty of other artists reissuing their lesser-known albums in beautiful packages and those don't sell that much either. If they can do it, so can Michael's Estate (who will be making hundreds and hundreds of millions more than any other dead artist this year thanks to a certain deal).

But you know, if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to call for the Branca and McCain's heads. I'll be disappointed personally and maybe I'll register my disappointment respectfully in a message or two on here should the topic be brought up. That'll be it really, I think that's a fair and reasonable response.

^^People are allowed to not be happy with a project. Just because you are happy with a lack of artistic integrity and cash ins doesn't mean everyone has to be. Being happy with whatever keeps MJ's name out there is not good Imo. That attitude is what will allow the Estate to do whatever they want with MJ's name and art.

I liked 'Michael', and I liked 'Xscape' even more.

But then, I go through life trying to concentrate on the positives and not obsessing about the negatives.

If we get another album/DVD of MJ's work, and it's done with the very best intentions - which I am sure it will - then I will welcome it. Anything that helps to keep Michael's name in the spotlight is good to me.

Yeah, that's how I try to approach things too. :)

TBH I feel the Estate have been getting better project by project. There have been missteps along the way but especially with the success of Xscape both as an album itself and commercially, I do have faith in them!

I'll be disappointed if they don't do it, IMO it's Michael greatest achievement as an artist and one that is overlooked I feel... overshadowed by the colossal impact of it's prior three albums.

It's the perfect opportunity really, given they have plenty of unreleased material to work with too. You can claim "oh Bad 25 didn't sell that well" but I see plenty of other artists reissuing their lesser-known albums in beautiful packages and those don't sell that much either. If they can do it, so can Michael's Estate (who will be making hundreds and hundreds of millions more than any other dead artist this year thanks to a certain deal).

But you know, if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to call for the Branca and McCain's heads. I'll be disappointed personally and maybe I'll register my disappointment respectfully in a message or two on here should the topic be brought up. That'll be it really, I think that's a fair and reasonable response.

I agree they should do it. I just don't think they will. For reasons I've already mentioned, and I think hoping for anything beyond a badly remastered re-release is grasping at straws that aren't even there in the first place . I don't care if Bad 25 sold badly tbh, the Estate clearly do though judging by the insult that was the OTW re-release.

I agree they should do it. I just don't think they will. For reasons I've already mentioned, and I think hoping for anything beyond a badly remastered re-release is grasping at straws that aren't even there in the first place . I don't care if Bad 25 sold badly tbh, the Estate clearly do though judging by the insult that was the OTW re-release.

Yeah I really didn't like that poor OTW reissue. I struggle to believe it was anything more than a project to help complete the Sony contract. Still, they could've had a second disc of the material we already have (DSTYGE/WDAN/SOOML Demos + Sunset Driver) and I'm sure there's alternative takes lying around somewhere. I mean, the documentary was (terribly) called "Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall"; what better way to show that journey by showing the development of the album itself, through early demos/alternative takes on a second disc?

I did hear rumours years ago that OTW 30 didn't happen because there wasn't a lot of unreleased OTW material lying around, so that could've also contributed to the lack of material on this project... but I still reckon it was just a project for the Sony deal.

Last edited:
Yeah I really didn't like that poor OTW reissue. I struggle to believe it was anything more than a project to help complete the Sony contract. Still, they could've had a second disc of the material we already have (DSTYGE/WDAN/SOOML Demos + Sunset Driver) and I'm sure there's alternative takes lying around somewhere. I mean, the documentary was (terribly) called "Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall"; what better way to show that journey by showing the development of the album itself, through early demos/alternative takes on a second disc?

I did hear rumours years ago that OTW 30 didn't happen because there wasn't a lot of unreleased OTW material lying around, so that could've also contributed to the lack of material on this project... but I still reckon it was just a project for the Sony deal.

I guess one of the reasons we don't have demos or remixes on OTW can be Jones lawsuit. That's an exact problem the Estate has with Jones, using his songs without him. So maybe it was better to just re-release the album the way it originally was. It is not good for fans but generally speaking, one pretty old album was doing very well in charts this year! It is not that bad if to avoid that fans are desperate for something new.

Id personally like for HIStory and BOTDF to be reissued in vinyl.

I just want more concerts...don't care what tour, but prefer HIStory tour

I am waiting dangerous 25 , and hope to be like that
Cd 1 the original
Cd 2 unreleased songs (new)
Cd 3 demos from original album
DVD from dangerous tour

I am waiting dangerous 25 , and hope to be like that
Cd 1 the original
Cd 2 unreleased songs (new)
Cd 3 demos from original album
DVD from dangerous tour

I don't think we're gonna have a release for Dangerous 25. In terms of sales, Bad 25 was really bad (no pun intended lol) and The Estate don't want to lose money again.

People are always complaining about what the estate wont release yet no one will make nor sign any petition for blu ray scans or dangerous 25 with the right request. Like Michael said ”it starts with us...or we will never get it done"

^^ Petitions have a slim to none chance of having any real effect. The only large-scale petition I've seen come into any fruition was the one for the Wembley concert, and even then (a) it was not distributed in high-quality as many had requested, and (b) the earliest discussion I've seen from the fan community about it was around 2006/7, and it didn't drop until 2012.

I don't even want to deal with a Dangerous25 due to the fact that every other fan will be complaining that they "didn't release this song" or that "this isn't the concert that we wanted" or that "they should have included more demos".

At this point, I just want the Sony deal to end and for them to take a few years off.

wonderouzdj2;4161865 said:
People are always complaining about what the estate wont release yet no one will make nor sign any petition for blu ray scans or dangerous 25 with the right request. Like Michael said &#8221;it starts with us...or we will never get it done"
he was talking about saving the planet when he said that, not about releasing material

People are always complaining about what the estate wont release yet no one will make nor sign any petition for blu ray scans or dangerous 25 with the right request. Like Michael said &#8221;it starts with us...or we will never get it done"

Getting people to sign petitions might no be easy. Also even if it with some luck got like 1000 signatures I don't think it would have much effect. That is not much.

What are you talking about ? There is a ton of petitions for everything : BWT Blu-Ray - DWT Blu-Ray - HWT Blu-Ray. None of them has change something. Sony's acting like we're still in 2005 and B.R was never invented.

The petition for Wembley worked because Michael was still alive at this time and when he died, it has reached even more people.

Last edited:
^ Yeah that wembley one was around forever... I signed it a few times over the years.. lol

I don't doubt the estate is working on something but who knows what is to come.. I just hope they are working on some cool stuff!

What are you talking about ? There is a ton of petitions for everything : BWT Blu-Ray - DWT Blu-Ray - HWT Blu-Ray. None of them has change something. Sony's acting like we're still in 2005 and B.R was never invented.

The petition for Wembley worked because Michael was still alive at this time and when he died, it has reached even more people.
Its many petitions but no one ever takes the damn time to sign them....complain so much about this & that but cant sign

&#8221;it starts with us...or we will never get it done"

I thought this was MJ's pick up line... baby making time!

wonderouzdj2;4161931 said:
Smh....duh!!! I used it for this subject
no shit sherlock?
KOPV;4161935 said:
&#8221;it starts with us...or we will never get it done"

I thought this was MJ's pick up line... baby making time!
oh please, Michael don't need pick up lines

Back