Was the Dangerous Tour ever shot on 35mm film?

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
Hi fellow members

We know by now after researching together that the Bad and Victory tours were shot on film. But what about the Dangerous Tour? I saw some snippets on YouTube from the Tokyo show in 1992 with slash. But I don’t know if it was from a full source or just a piece for use on news reports. Also, it boggles me that none of these shows seem to be recorded on multitrack audio. The Bucharest audio is horrible to say the least. Does anyone have more info about this?

I'm pretty sure Bucharest was recorded on Multitrack. For example, the beginning ad-libs on Jam were not present in the BBC/BNN broadcast, but was on the DVD. MJ's mic at the beginning of Beat It was kinda low in the BBC broadcast, but it was fine in the DVD. Another example is the "Hoo" before MJ's mic turns on is playback in the BBC version, but not in the DVD.

I think only the Tokyo shows (some of them, if not all) were, but with like 2 or 3 cameras. Seems MJ didn't bother hiring a film crew since he had no plans of releasing anything from it.

Official promo posters (of certain 'Dangerous' concerts) had the logo of the Kodak company on them (i.e., these concerts were also sponsored by that company).

This suggests that these 'Dangerous' concerts were captured/shot on 16mm or 35mm format.

Hi fellow members

We know by now after researching together that the Bad and Victory tours were shot on film. But what about the Dangerous Tour? I saw some snippets on YouTube from the Tokyo show in 1992 with slash. But I don’t know if it was from a full source or just a piece for use on news reports. Also, it boggles me that none of these shows seem to be recorded on multitrack audio. The Bucharest audio is horrible to say the least. Does anyone have more info about this?
You would think he would have at least recorded wembley 92 on multitrack after wembley 88. I still think wembley has the best jam performance. I would have chose that over Bucharest imo. I agree we should have more info on what this tour was shot on. I think it was only really shot on Beta tape. Tokyo film might just be promo or news film sadly. If we ever get a dangerous doc we might see something on film.

You can see a film camera in the Mexico City 1993 concert (tower video) at one point if I remember right.

There's a film cam in sight during the Bangkok and Mexico shows, Tokyo.. we have some footage from a single angle... It's unknown that a concert film would be possible at this moment in time...

I think it's fair to say, that some shows were shot on 35mm. - But if the tapes was saved is another issue.
Maybe they are lost or have been kept under suvh bad conditions that the film is damaged beyond repair.
We might never know...

I think it's fair to say, that some shows were shot on 35mm.
Yes, but with much less cameras than Bad. 2 or 3 max, I'd say.
(Also I don't think no EU leg shows were).

Official promo posters (of certain 'Dangerous' concerts) had the logo of the Kodak company on them (i.e., these concerts were also sponsored by that company).

This suggests that these 'Dangerous' concerts were captured/shot on 16mm or 35mm format.
I do remember seeing the kodak logo on posters for rome and monza 1992

Back