We want the L.A. 1989 concert on BLURAY campaign!!!

I hope that energy is captured in the footage we get and that we aren't setting ourselves up to be let down. With limited camera shots and many of them only close ups it's hard to get the energy of all that's going on. With the cameras only on Michael we lose great deal of what is the show that Michael created, including the stage, the band, the lighting, the crowds etc, them are we really experience the show the way Michael wanted it to be seen. I mean we should get some idea of how it felt if we were in the audience.
Side note... I was watching Yokohama and I saw in the front row Film cameras!!

That's another reason why we should be able to watch L.A. 1989 in high definition. That show was according to some rumors edited for a VHS release in 1990.

Can you all please help me to reach more people with this petition by adding the widget to your Facebook, your website or by emailing your friends about it?

I would be very grateful :D

I'm IN!

And i dont think we're asking too much, its 2012!
And as some of you already said, we'll be stuck with this release for the next 10 years so why dont make it blu ray now? I think the sources can be found, they just have to be more persistent in finding them... :D

Including Off the Wall, DD, APOM, TWYMMF, MITM, SC ?

You do realize that OTW was never performed during the second leg, right? It was part of the tracklist for the first leg shows which was VERY different from the second leg concert.

You do realize that OTW was never performed during the second leg, right? It was part of the tracklist for the first leg shows which was VERY different from the second leg concert.

LOL, yes sure OTW was performed during the first leg which is a revamped version of the Victory Tour.

I'm IN!

And i dont think we're asking too much, its 2012!
And as some of you already said, we'll be stuck with this release for the next 10 years so why dont make it blu ray now? I think the sources can be found, they just have to be more persistent in finding them... :D

Amen!

Just make the release a DOUBLE release!

2 concerts!!! - That would make the fan base go crazy! - Then who cares if Wembley isn't the best quality? - If we get LA '89 in great quality too - everyone will be happy!

If they do that it would be great!

Here, here!:pleased: And the fans would certainly pay the money to see it!! You hear that Estate?;D

Please take notice estate, we fans will most definitely make it worth your while.

So years of facebook campaigns and what not to release Wembley and now everyone wants LA, come on now. Someone at the Estate took notice of how much people out there wanted this show and now if they went to this forum they would just see that people changed their mind?

So years of facebook campaigns and what not to release Wembley and now everyone wants LA, come on now. Someone at the Estate took notice of how much people out there wanted this show and now if they went to this forum they would just see that people changed their mind?

No. We want both Wembley and L.A. :)

Did you see the quality on newsbreak, the VHS the estate and Sony wants to release? Well appreciated, but we all have flat screen tv's now. Wasn't Sony supposed to be a pioneer when it comes to audio and video quality?

Someone at the Estate took notice of how much people out there wanted this show and now if they went to this forum they would just see that people changed their mind?

We didn't change our mind, we've always been asking for Wembley on blu-ray. They gave us Wembley, but not blu-ray... I'm happy we are getting Wembley, but I'm still waiting for a Bad tour blu-ray. I don't really care which city or date, but the performance, the footage quality and the setlist have to be the best and the most representative of the awesomeness that was the Bad tour.

Judging by people's opinions who were there in July 16, they say Michael was out of this world that night.

From someone who has been to every tour (Bad,Dangerous and HIStory) seeing him a total of 7 times live, they said he was on fire. They went to the 14th and the 16th, and out of all shows, he was most energetic on the 16th.

Did you see the quality on newsbreak, the VHS the estate and Sony wants to release? Well appreciated, but we all have flat screen tv's now. Wasn't Sony supposed to be a pioneer when it comes to audio and video quality?

Did you see the quality from the HD broadcast on your TV? Or, did you watch an internet 360p rip from YouTube? Trust me, there was a difference, and it was pretty good. There's still room for improvement, though. LA was great quality, but if it's not from film, why bother with a blu-ray?

Did you see the quality from the HD broadcast on your TV? Or, did you watch an internet 360p rip from YouTube? Trust me, there was a difference, and it was pretty good. There's still room for improvement, though. LA was great quality, but if it's not from film, why bother with a blu-ray?

No I didn't. Could you see his face?

I can appreciate the quality thing. But, we can't all be the high-tech people some of us are. The Bad tour wasn't done now, with HD cameras, and amazing quality etc. The Bad tour was 25 years ago, with VHS being a normal storage material. I'm just happy that I will finally get to see a show from my country, not from Copenhagen, Denmark, Munich, Bucharest or wherever else. 6 years ago, we dreamt of getting a Bad tour show. Now we are, people want something more?

I can appreciate the quality thing. But, we can't all be the high-tech people some of us are. The Bad tour wasn't done now, with HD cameras, and amazing quality etc. The Bad tour was 25 years ago, with VHS being a normal storage material. I'm just happy that I will finally get to see a show from my country, not from Copenhagen, Denmark, Munich, Bucharest or wherever else. 6 years ago, we dreamt of getting a Bad tour show. Now we are, people want something more?

Don't get us wrong, we're not ungrateful either, but the best of the both worlds is what were asking for.

^I saw that but the quality looks the same as the promo released by The Estate.

That's exactly what I realize yes! - That's why I said SONY would never be able to release a concert with ALL the songs from BAD tour!!! - It was my point exactly. So people should stop making a big issue out of one missing song - TWYMMF! - I love that song live too, but if it was not performed it was not performed. - Too bad...

I could count pixels..

:lol:

@hess
its one thing if the song wasn't part of the setlist and other if it was left that specific night. the two legs are in the end two totaly different shows. so it is and big issue when one song is missing from a show where for znknown circumstanses if was left out. thats why its need to be added as bonus.

Really whats wrong with you all?
i can't belive how many "we should be happy we are getting at least something" are out there.

depeche mode's devotional tour was re-released on dvd with second disc full with extras. documentary, backdropp videos and the official videos.

their last tour was 2disc bluray again with many extras like the above.

i'm don't adress to you hess but to all who feel satisfied with less. no you don't have to be thankful that bad tour is releases finaly. you have to be demanding if you want quality releases.

lom kit - I agree it should be added as bonus material. - But Off The Wall should be added too IMO!

We can't demand blu-rays and whatever else. The estate and sony could keep it all in a vault forever. I couldn't care less about any other artist's blu-rays or DVD's. I'm not buying that, I'm buying a MJ concert, because I want to see him. I had a VHS that had Yokohama on it years before it leaked, and I was delighted to atleast have a show even if the quality was awful.

Done :

Name: Mehdi Essaid on May 26, 2012
Comments: l would love that this concert will be released not just LA but all 123 shows that Michael gave from 1987 to 1989 , many fans like me did not have the chance to see him , at least you should release concerts to see his magic in home cinema. Love Mehdi

@dam2040
you didnt get why i was giving DMs releases as exsample. to show those winy lambs that fell thankful to see michaels 80s nose on insulting michaels legacy release.
it can be done. others do it like it should be done. ok?

Back