What are the chances we hear Mark Ronson's rendition of "Lovely Way"? Or any other unreleased renditions from "Michael" & "Xscape"?

You can also thank Wade and James for that, if it wasn't for LN we would've gotten a new album rather than that shit lol.

There's a seminar recording going around though, right? I'm really hoping that it gets leaked soon enough, I'm dying to hear anything from the 2000's lol.
No, there's nothing going around for that song.

If they were truly planning to back then I feel like they would delivered it in 2020,2021, or 2022.
It's very likely that it'd be out in 2019 instead, the songs on Xscape started being reworked in 2013 and they came out the following year. There's also that it would've been the 10th anniversary of MJ's death so they could've used that to put out a new album rather than celebrate the very thing that killed him.

It's very likely that it'd be out in 2019 instead, the songs on Xscape started being reworked in 2013 and they came out the following year. There's also that it would've been the 10th anniversary of MJ's death so they could've used that to put out a new album rather than celebrate the very thing that killed him.
Sorry I wasn't very clear with my wording. What I meant was I feel like it'd have come out by now.

The CDQ collectors have had for years.
So it wasn't played in seminars recently? I thought it was. If it was a seminar recording it'd be more likely to leak but CDQ leaks are really rare these days lol.
Sorry I wasn't very clear with my wording. What I meant was I feel like it'd have come out by now.
Which again, had to be cancelled because of LN. The Estate would be crazy to release an album right after LN, it might not have been well received.

So it wasn't played in seminars recently? I thought it was. If it was a seminar recording it'd be more likely to leak but CDQ leaks are really rare these days lol.

Which again, had to be cancelled because of LN. The Estate would be crazy to release an album right after LN, it might not have been well received.
They’ve had every opportunity and have chosen not to. Obviously they didn’t care TOO much about LN if they were willing to do This Is It 10 in late 2019 and History 25 in mid 2020.

They’ve had every opportunity and have chosen not to. Obviously they didn’t care TOO much about LN if they were willing to do This Is It 10 in late 2019 and History 25 in mid 2020.
Yeah but for those they weren't wasting new content. They're already dealing with a limited set of songs so imagine if the songs were wasted on a badly received album. Releasing a new album back then would've been too much of a risky move.

Yeah but for those they weren't wasting new content. They're already dealing with a limited set of songs so imagine if the songs were wasted on a badly received album. Releasing a new album back then would've been too much of a risky move.
Yeah, regardless of one’s opinion on the estate, releasing an album in 2019 would’ve been critical and commercial suicide. It was a smart idea taking some time off and slowly reintegrating with Thriller 40. I just hope that they take this success and expand on it next year.

Yeah, regardless of one’s opinion on the estate, releasing an album in 2019 would’ve been critical and commercial suicide. It was a smart idea taking some time off and slowly reintegrating with Thriller 40. I just hope that they take this success and expand on it next year.
What success? Thriller 40 is kind of a flop

It's reaching big numbers on charts that are bigger than what Bad 25 had accomplished and it had little promotion, it isn't a flop and thank God for it, that means future releases are likely to happen.
It's not doing well on Spotify at least. I've been checking it out and it's really just like.. there. Michael was originally in the 50's on the Global Artist Chart and quickly fell down to number 88 (i've been measuring it) once Thriller 40 came out lol. So at least on this platform it is flopping. It is the largest music service currently so this is no small thing at all, it doesn't seem to be attracting any new listeners.

It's not doing well on Spotify at least. I've been checking it out and it's really just like.. there. Michael was originally in the 50's on the Global Artist Chart and quickly fell down to number 88 (i've been measuring it) once Thriller 40 came out lol. So at least on this platform it is flopping. It is the largest music service currently so this is no small thing at all, it doesn't seem to be attracting any new listeners.
Spotify isn't the only indicative if it's successful or not, the album has sold over 125,000 copies in the US and it still has huge numbers on charts after a month of release, and all of that with almost no promoting.

This is it 10 has entered the chat
Lmao & what exactly did it bring? Most of us don't even own that. The only reason why I brought it in 2010 was for disc 2.... smh I brought a 2cd set again only to listen to what...2-4new songs. (Sigh) Michael is the only person in the world who gets a pass on me having multiple editions of the same albums/songs. I have at least 27 versions of Beat It & maybe 40 mixes of billie jean alone

Last edited:
Spotify isn't the only indicative if it's successful or not, the album has sold over 125,000 copies in the US and it still has huge numbers on charts after a month of release, and all of that with almost no promoting.
Yeah it’s not the only indication of success at all you’re correct. But like I said this is no small thing at all. Spotify is the biggest streaming service and is arguably the most important statistic. Thriller 40 is failing to attract new listeners, and old listeners are losing interest.

Lmao & what exactly did it bring? Most of us don't even own that. The only reason why I brought it in 2010 was for disc 2.... smh I brought 2cd set again only to listen to what...2-4new songs. (Sigh) Michael is the only person in the world who gets a pass on me having multiple editions of the same albums/songs. I have at least 27 versions of Beat It & maybe 40 mixes of billie jean alone
Exactly lol

Yeah it’s not the only indication of success at all you’re correct. But like I said this is no small thing at all. Spotify is the biggest streaming service and is arguably the most important statistic. Thriller 40 is failing to attract new listeners, and old listeners are losing interest.
Are you talking about the stats on the demos? They are a bit low but unfortunately that's the thing with demos, the general audience doesn't care about them and it's something only the fans are interested in. But the re-issue is making people go back to the album and that's arguably the thing that matters most.

Arguing that T40 is a flop because the demos aren’t racking up streams is such a weird position to take. Unreleased tracks are never as popular as the originals; they’re like the dessert after the main course that is the main album. Check literally any other deluxe album reissue and compare the outtake numbers to those of the original album.

T40 is objectively a commercial (and, in many respects, critical) success. Setting aside its issues, it’s the best-performing posthumous reissue by a significant margin in spite of virtually no promotion.

Are you talking about the stats on the demos? They are a bit low but unfortunately that's the thing with demos, the general audience doesn't care about them and it's something only the fans are interested in. But the re-issue is making people go back to the album and that's arguably the thing that matters most.
the entire project as a whole is clearly not doing much for Michael if you really look at all of the feedback and just overall attention it is not reigniting much interest. Of course we shouldnt expect some unfinished songs to be huge smash hits. I'm pretty sure alot of the "success" this project is seeing is from the Thriller challenge that some fans were doing to support.

The lack of success can still be attributed to Leaving Neverland. They can't go two clicks north without mentioning "the controversy". I'd say they are actively trying to snuff the Michael Jackson brand, commercially. Probably as a scapegoat to take away from actual criminal conduct, but that's another story.

Point is, there's a lot actively against MJ, and the success he's enjoying still in spite of that is a metric success.

Also, Spotify is paid off by Bieber, he's always #1 Artist, or Ed Sheeran, or whoever their favorite currently is.

The lack of success can still be attributed to Leaving Neverland. They can't go two clicks north without mentioning "the controversy". I'd say they are actively trying to snuff the Michael Jackson brand, commercially. Probably as a scapegoat to take away from actual criminal conduct, but that's another story.

Point is, there's a lot actively against MJ, and the success he's enjoying still in spite of that is a metric success.

Also, Spotify is paid off by Bieber, he's always #1 Artist, or Ed Sheeran, or whoever their favorite currently is.
I agree with LN having somewhat of an impact but Lol what are you talking about with that last line. Neither of them are even #1 one right now. Maybe these artists reach the #1 spot because they are popular??

Funny how every month mj is trending on tiktok. This month it's the wii game (ghost mainly). The estate could be doing so much right now but they instead give us more & more disappointment. I've never actually been physically angry at ppl I don't personally know!

Back