What Are You Listening To?

Chic / Le Freak

I don't exactly love this song but it fits my mood right now and the day and the crazy heat going on right now. Perfect fit. Maybe I do love it, just a little bit, lol.

@filmandmusic

Last edited:
I love Taylor Swift's phrasing. She does good lyrics, too, but it's her phrasing that I really love. I think it's really cool that Texas Uni is teaching a course on her songs. She's a fabulous songwriter.
She is really good indeed! That's very cool that the uni is doing a course like that.

Alright recommend me a Swift song, I don’t know any. I heard they labelled her as a country artist in the beginning, I like country but I fear it is not going to sound like country at all 😛
How about this lol

She did start out as country pop in her early career, but here's an oldie but goody lol

How about this lol
@filmandmusic
This one is a fabulous example. All hail, MM90!

I love Taylor bc I love her phrasing. It's almost the thing I love the most but not all vocalists do it in a way that's particularly special. Which is fine.
A singer can be great and their phrasing is just normal. But Taylor's is off the chart. Like Michael in J5. Just awesome.

I do love her voice but it's her lyrics - so clever, so funny, so on point every time - and her phrasing that really blow me away.

Joni Mitchell's voice - I don't really love it. Taylor has got everything.

Ok so I listened to both songs @MacMandy90 , @zinniabooklover
I like it lyrically, fun stuff, well written. Musically it is a bit bland but maybe it is better for the lyrics. Also I didn’t hear any country at all as expected lol.
Comparing her music with Joni’s at this point feels a bit “say whaat” for me at this moment in time. BUT generally I think both songs posted were fun and I enjoyed them.

@filmandmusic
This one is a fabulous example. All hail, MM90!

I love Taylor bc I love her phrasing. It's almost the thing I love the most but not all vocalists do it in a way that's particularly special. Which is fine.
A singer can be great and their phrasing is just normal. But Taylor's is off the chart. Like Michael in J5. Just awesome.

I do love her voice but it's her lyrics - so clever, so funny, so on point every time - and her phrasing that really blow me away.

Joni Mitchell's voice - I don't really love it. Taylor has got everything.
*bows* Thank you, thank you lol :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, Taylor has grown on me these last few years I know she's very talented, back when she came on the scene I was afraid she would be one of those cookie-cutter fads, but she grew on me over time I really like her, I agree with how her lyricism phrasings are unique in her own right like Michael.

Ok so I listened to both songs @MacMandy90 , @zinniabooklover
I like it lyrically, fun stuff, well written. Musically it is a bit bland but maybe it is better for the lyrics. Also I didn’t hear any country at all as expected lol.
Comparing her music with Joni’s at this point feels a bit “say whaat” for me at this moment in time. BUT generally I think both songs posted were fun and I enjoyed them.
oh, I'm not really trying to compare her to Joni Mitchell. I meant, I get from Taylor what I think other people get from Joni. JM is lyrically clever, writes a lot about personal relationships (gone wrong), has a very distinctive voice - as in, lyrics. I agree Taylor's music is not edgy or different or unexpected. She is very mainstream when it comes to her songs. I probably shouldn't say she has everything. Got a bit carried away there, lol. But her phrasing and her lyrics give me so much so I'm OK with the mainstream feel of the actual songs.

Back