What Are You Listening To?

oh, this is one of my absolute, absolute faves. oh my goodness!

My top fave Gordon Lightfoot song is The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, one of the best story songs ever. One of the best songs, full stop. But this one here, this was the one that got me into him.

LOVE this song. ❤️🥰

oh, this is one of my absolute, absolute faves. oh my goodness!

I love this song so much! I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert earlier this year...I think January? And he was so lovely. It was a pretty emotional evening to me, though, because obviously he is much older and his voice is different now. But the audience just adored him and had so much respect for him. It was really magical.

PS: When I first heard this song I found myself "inspired" to write a song of my own that basically sounded exactly like this, but with much less capable lyrics. I sang it and shared with people until I realized it was a total rip off. The things we do when we're 22 lol.

Yes / Close to the Edge

Here we go. 18m 50s. That's more like it, lol. This is my top, top fave song by Yes. Predictable? What can I say, if it's genius, you just have to go with it.

('go with it, go with it, JAM!') :D

The video is rubbish. Too much psychedelic nonsense. But the song, oh my!

Last edited:
640x640.jpg

Adwaith / Lan Y Mor

Folk music is not my thing so I don't know the traditional version of this. But this indie rock version from Adwaith, yes please!

They sing in Welsh, which rocks! And a great bass line. Gotta be happy about that.

Last edited:

The Walker Brothers / No Regrets

One of the best voices ever. One of the saddest songs ever.

"I woke last night and spoke to you, not thinking you were gone
And it felt so strange, to lie awake alone."
(written by Thomas Rush)

Last edited:

Holland - Dozier - Holland, the perfect songwriting team. HDH plus The Four Tops, the perfect combination. 'You Keep Runnin' Away', the perfect song.

In my world, at least.

RIP, Lamont Dozier.

Last edited:
Back