What do you and Michael have in common? Really???

I never thought Michael and I would share anything in common before becoming a fan.

But over the years, I've almost become 'obsessed' with wanting to get into all of the things he's ever liked, share the same hobbies as him and to just... walk everywhere that he has walked. This 'wish' became as strong as ever since June 25th.

I've realised that we both share the same desire to outlive people's expectations, we're both sensitive to other people's pain and I'm fond of all things disney.

I've noticed certain members of my family share things in common with him too, even though they're not the biggest of fans. For example, my parents have always been obsessed with/had a love for architecture, ancient egypt and antiques. A simple thing like a persian rug in my living room makes me think of Michael and how he'd go on those crazy shopping sprees in Vegas/LA.

I don't know why, but I reckon MJ was interested in the supernatural. The concept has always fascinated me! I wonder whether he ever watched Heroes or Smallville?

we both are very reserved
we both are sensitive
we both are perfectionists
we both love children and animals
we both have very few friends
we both have problems with our dads
we both love watching movies, cartoons
we both love video games
we both are shy
we both like arts
we both are thin
we both are creative
we both love to draw
we both love classical music
we both don't read tabloids
we both don't want to grow up
we both avoid the sun
we both have insomnia
we both have half sisters and we aren't close to them
we both like being silly sometimes lol

etc etc etc

we have a lot in common, but i don't remember more at the moment :p

We're very sensitive.
We hate injustice, discrimination of any kind.
We love classical music.
We love watching old movies (Charlie Chaplin, Elizabeth Taylor,etc)
We have insomnia.
We admire Marcel Marceau.
Same fave colors.
We love The Simposons, Cheerios.
I love some animals that he's has as pets.
Reading.
We love Mexican food (I'm Mexican ;D)
I don't enjoy being exposed to the sun.
Same kind of eyes, hair color.
We're skinny.

We both suffer insomnia
We both suffer dismorphia
We're both shy and sensitive
We both see the magic in the little things
We both love trees and seasons
We both giggle a lot
We both want a better world and for people to come together
We both cannot take too much sun exposure

We both feel that we are the most lonely person in the world.
We both feel no one understands us.
We both don't want to grow up and will forever be a child and live in a magical world.
We both love children, music, animals.
We are both treated bad.
We both loves to read book like history & self-help.
We both believes in God, and talking to God.
We both understands people no matter what it is.
We both want a friend...
We both love art and drawing.
We both intelligent and shy.
We're both have patience.
We both VERY sensitive.
We both gently. He's a gentleman. I am a 'Lady.'
We both loves to look at the stars and the moon.
We both have good sense of humor.
We both love to write poetry.
We both are willing to help someone in need.
We both believe and loves Jesus and God.
We're both perfectionist.
We both wants human to love and respect each other.
We both wants to make this world a better place.
We both love watching old movies.
We both have curly hair, black hair, brown eyes.
We're both skinny.
We both don't care what other people think about us.
We both don't care a less, if people try to change us.
We both reminds of each other. Inside and outside.
We both loves Marilyn Monroe.
We're both beautiful. Inside and outside. That's what someone here on this board told me. Thank you :heart:

NEW ONE.: We both had a bad father. (My father is ok now. But he just show his love for me in different way.)

(Sorry I stealed some of yours, but I was really lost to the end xD.)

Last edited:
Both brought up in black communities
Both were heavily disciplined
Same number of brothers and sisters
Both have large families
Both believe in God
Both love KFC lol

Interesting thread... How's about I sum this up into a nice paragraph.

Well, I think we have in common to be bigger than what we can be as human beings. Being perfectionists, being lovers of perfection, thriving for the absolute best. When creating, create the finest, when we speak, speak words of Love, Wisdom, beauty, up building one another spiritually and personally. Reaching beyond the stars stretching to out very limit to what we can share with one another, drown out misery and unhappiness and take time out of our lives to try and make ones smile. Anxiety of the fears we share as human being, being good enough afraid of failure, struggling with the inner demons surrounding physical attributes we strive to again, make perfect.
Being the creative force behind making the heart the central world for child like fun letting youth be the center of ones life, and never letting that youthful exuberant charm fade, being able to wish and cherish youth forever. Its a beautiful thing really. Hmm what else? We both emit emotions into works of poetry, songs, loving to write and place emotions into words and make them meaningful so when others take heed to read our words they feel what we do, to an exact tee, creating empathy in a tangible manner.
Our birth months are alike.... Being strange, weird, in a nice way I think. Eccentric in a way that allows us to stick out among a flock of bland ones I perceive. not caring what ones thing to a certain extent. Being shy, always having that bashful tug on life kind of shelter us from really letting ourselves go. even when in our element we are unlike many have seen and sometimes just plain nuts in the most hilarious moronic ways. We both have been wronged in the most terrifyingly deranged way by the ones closest to us, placing too much trust among ones only to have them slither through and tear holes into our heart like the demons themselves. Being resilient... being able to bounce back when life fails to comply and only delivers disappointments. Its much more than just a physical location, what we have in common as far as small things, which we do, yet I focus on the likeness of mind, and mental complicities as far as reasoning and discerning.
Lastly, we both are quite on the thin side, my hair well its on the longer side of things, KFC is heaven on earth, we share likeness in IQ. and on a serious note, hyper critical, naiveness plays a heavy role in our dealings with other people and how we perceive ourselves, we take ourselves out of the equation, and place everyone else in yet never taking up on our own needs but the needs of others. We cherish our children, mine as well, we never want to take the step foots of our parents but always wanting our own children to never want for nothing and have the best fondest memories of us, a beautiful gift.

Thats not all but thats all I choose to expound on LOL sorry its not a list but an essay haha

We are both the most famous people in the world :D ;)

On a more serious note:

We're extremely skinny
We've had our noses broken
We've had surgeries on our nose (I will sometime this year)
We've had acne (unfortunately, I still have some)
We've had breathing problems (I still have them)
We have a large number of siblings (Michael had 10, I have 7)
We've appeared on TV.
We've had song lyrics published in books :pleased:
We don't smoke.
We've been to Craven Cottage and seen Mohammed Al Fayed.

This is all I can think of for now :)

His love for playing games (ie waterballoon fights), rides (esp Disney), cartoons...all of that.

But, especially...the shyness.

Wow...so many impressive contributions. I'm nothin' special, the usual stuff that's been already posted - love of God, of children, sense of awe about nature, love of art, scientific curiosity (although he was a bit on the deep end and took it a bit further than me - e.g. skeletons and stuff lol), passion for games, love of cartoons, classic movies, passion for travel and the discovery of different peoples and cultures...

Add to that a sometimes weird sense of humor, drinkin' from bottles, sitting with the legs crossed underneath our bums (habit which we both inherited from Blankito lol), we both forget stuff around (folks at work have to give me back my cells, keys and stuff cause i keep forgettin' them in their office lol or i forget them at home), we both love to blast out music all over the house and all day long, but especially in the morn when gettin' ready for a new day.......and more painful things like the deepest sense of solitude (feeling alone in this vast universe, yet providentially tiny planet), shyness (most of which i overcame in the meantime, but back in my teen years i wouldn't look at people in their eyes; the sidewalk was really the most fascinating view in the world lol) or the need to bottle up things inside and hide issues from all those around us thinkin' we are strong enugh to deal with them by ourselves, the need to be in control of our actions and reactions (he got a bonus cause he had the stringent need to also control other people's actions, not only his own), both being sappy, crybabies (this is where i got the best of though cause i've taken cryin' to a form of art lol), we both got a biiit of a hot temper which shows up every now and then when pushed to the limit. We also like to keep folks guessin' of whether or not we are joking. We also both agree a little mystery to figure out never realy hurt anyone; where we disagree though is about the dosage of said mystery - he likes to cultivate it a bit more than necessary or recommended.

There are also some hilarious things - like both being accused of doin' voodoo lmao. Also, we both got skinny behinds, so much so wind could carry us away if it weren't for gravity. I don't actually believe in this stuff, but his birth sign was Virgo and i have Virgo rising which is said to put its imprint after the age of 30. I guess i could blame my attention for detail and the mild degree of perfectionism on that. Thankfully in my case they are tamed by lazyness and disorder :p

It gets funky when the families get involved
- my 'sister' in Spain is called Esther, same as Mrs. Jackson
- my grandma on my momma's side is born on May4[SUP]th[/SUP] same as Mrs. Jackson and Jackie
- one of my uncles (he's more like a big brother to me though cause he's in 40s) is born on May16[SUP]th[/SUP] just like Janet
- Randy is born on the day (Oct. 29[SUP]th[/SUP]) after my dad
- Tito is born (Oct. 15[SUP]th[/SUP]) one day after my 'mom' in Spain, Mari
- Jermaine is born in the same year as my folks - 1954
- btw of years of birth - this year, had Michael lived he would have turned my folks' 54 and my folks turned 58, his year of birth lol
- one of the nannies for Michael's children is named Pia, a name related to my nun friends in Rome where i stay when in town
- me and two of the kids share days and months related to name and birth
- i was born in a place related to crowns and we all know how much Michael loved dat royal title of his *trips while tryin' to bow bee4 the king and lands on her face* and how fascinated he was by monarchy and titles of the kind...
- some others too that i can't write down right now

On the other hand, we couldn't have been more different - everything from age difference (22 years and some months) to our completely different backgrounds in terms of geography, social and political circumstances; the fact that he was born in such a large family, while i'm an only child and like i said - i'm a lazy bum, while he was such a hard worker with impeccable work ethic, his infamously meticulous patience vs. my volatile, impatient self....but then again those last two might be a bit relative considerin' certain aspects.

Leavin' those aside, i just gotta go O/T because this next particular pic in dangerous2000watts' siggy is hilarious.

tumblr_lseng5Ldxi1qawq94o2_250.gif
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that red hat worth a fortune in smiles and laughter or what? And btw of your siggy- is that Jude Law laughin' same as me @ Michael's hat? lol Of course we would never dare laugh at Mike himself, but that thingie is simply precious......

Ah....and to get back on topic, one thing i forgot to mention - my names (both the two legal ones and the others i go by) feature - in part or complete - in about two thirds of Michael's songs. I didn't actually count them or do the percentages, but suffice it 2 say i are all over the place, kinda like my green eye on the Dangerous album cover or some of the animals associated with me :D And since i mentioned my names - they are not only in Michael's songs, but in other people's from Michael's life, quite a few of 'em them as well. Reaaally freaky stuff, makes ya think we in the twilight zone or smthin' lol.

Last edited:
We are both shy.
We are both sensitive.
We both care about healing the world.
We both love kids.
We both love to sing.
We both love to dance.
We both are against violence.
We both love KFC.
We both are scared of dogs.
We both like girls.
We both hate tabloids.

We're both native Hoosiers. (From Indiana)
We're both shy.
We're both perfectionists.
We both love Fred Astaire and Gone With the Wind.
We love his music. :laugh:

And others...

Back