What is the story behind Michael's driving?

Actually Speed Demon wasn't about him. It was about Bruce Swdien. He(Bruce) said that he was running late early in the morning to go work on the BAD album with Michael and Quincy. Then he was speeding and got a ticket. When he told Michael and Quincy what had happened,Michael came up with an idea, with the song "Speed Demon". Even Bruce says, "Only Michael can do that":D meaning bring fantasy to what happened in reality.

YEPP...Thats our Michael alright...:D

no, Earth, I think it was Michael who got that ticket... I have the Swedien book, and I'm pretty sure of it. I'll check it later to make sure.

Here is the Pam Grier story.

It comes from from Bobby Colomby who was then (in 1977) Epic's head of West Coast artist relations and ex drummer for Blood Sweat and Tears. The backgournd is that the Jacksons at the time were slated to be dumped from Epic after a less than successful start at the label. Here is the story:

Michael was utterly infatuated with the woman whom Colomby was then living with, actress Pam Grier. “When he found out I was living with her, he just flipped out, Bobby said. “She’d walk into the studio and he’d squeal and run out and hide. When Grier called, Michael felt tongue tied. I’d say ‘Hey Michael. It’s Pam’ and I’d hand him the phone. He couldn’t handle it. It’d just drop in his lap and he’d stare at it. He wouldn’t even talk”.

:rofl: aww he was only 19 or so :wub:

Here is a story that LaToya tells about Michael’s driving. The background is that Michael was feeling very stifled on the Victory tour, he couldn't go anywhere. On a brief trip home this is what happened:

"Michael ran out of the house shouting 'That's it! I don't want any security. I'm going for a ride.' Then he jumped into my black Mercedes 450 SL and speed out the driveway.

"Girls" giggles LaToya, "Michael was followed by two cars of girls. Then the car ran out of gas and they blocked him in the middle of the street. He didn't know what to do. Since he was out of gas he left the car right there and ran to Quincy's house".

hahaha. it must've been like the Speed Demon chase! :lol:

I watched a video last week and I heard the song was about a traffic jam Michael got stuck in. You know, Michael Jackson stories, always too many ways to be told...

But I think everyone agreed that Michael was not a good driver. There's nothing artistic or magical about driving imo. If there were such thing as Tinkerbell's magic powder, I bet Michael would learn to fly in a heartbeat! LOL

tell Bruce Springsteen that lol! he's written whole albums 'bout driving down the Turnpike :D

actually, as a pretty good driver who's done drag racing, I've to disagree. there's something indeed magical and extremely empowering about having a powerful machine underneath you... responding to your every touch. I think all good drivers who love driving know this.

I'd never in a million years give up my ability to drive. I love driving too much. but Michael is too cute. and I think he did love to drive... but I think he had a nervous thing going there. he was too finely-tuned and was probably always distracted too lol! :)

Love the stories!! :rofl:

Imagine being Mikes passenger..

funny-pictures-kitten-seatbelt.jpg

Apparently, his Mum did make him get a license when he was 23. She was worried about what would happen if his limo ever broke down and he was stranded.

there was a guy who worked in a stuido with mike and he and mike drove somewhere to get something.. it was a scary experience aparently.

i don't think he was a particularly great driver.. frm the stories iv heard he went to fast and bumped into things.

michael drives on his own?? i was wondering this too! but he did drive the race car in Pepsi commercial (he really did?? or only camera trick??)

Michael did learn to drive and he has spoken about driving before. I think he was nervous about his car breaking down and him not being able to get away from fans if they spotted him.

Wow. How paranoid can one get??? & I thought he always loved his fans,no matter what.:no: poor guy.

Wow. How paranoid can one get??? & I thought he always loved his fans,no matter what.:no: poor guy.

He does love his fans. He has been cornered in the past and lets face it, some fans can be so overpoweing i.e. grabbing at him, hurting him, they don't mean to but still .....

this is for BillieJean84: not if he can't get away from them when they get truly crazy. did you see that vid when he was in Germany and a crazy fan got hold of his hair and pulled... HARD.

ugh. :no:

Back