What Song(s) Was Playing In Your Head The Most After MJ Died?

Snowbunny Sorcerer

Proud Member
For some reason these two songs were always playing in my head and the video for BOW was always in my imagination.

*Black or White
*They Don't Care About Us.

I don't know, maybe both songs represented MJ aptly since BOW was the song that represented MJ's ability to be a global superstar and have fans and admirers from all corners of the global.

Furthermore, TDCAU is MJ's social awareness campaign, something littered throughout his musical career, both in his songs and in his actions.

Last edited:
I was playing the Essential MJ in the car, and my favorite song at the time was Bad, so Bad was always stuck in my head, especially the video. I was listening to Bad literally right before the news, with my mom. Couldn't believe it.

For me I think it was a mix of different songs all at once.

Man in the mirror and Heal the world - don't know why, but I heard these songs nonstop the months after MJ died.

Obviously, after that dreadful, awful day, his music was everywhere. There were plenty of videos and songs being played on TV music stations and on the radio. It would be so for more than a year. The man's face and voice were literally everywhere all around me, back in 2009/2010. Strangely enough, I found that very comforting. I know plenty of folks couldn't stand to watch/hear his music or see THE movie. I also remember that on July 7th, TV stations interrupted their usual programming to cover the memorial. Basically, the man had taken over just about every medium there was.

Returning to June 26th though, I must say that the one song that struck me the most was the very same I've been having in my signature for years and one that has fascinated me since I first heard it - Heal the world. I remember watching it that day with such pride, thinking to myself and smiling - you sweet, dear man, you......you may be gone, but this wonderful message of yours will reverberate throughout the ages. There was probably a tear or two falling between the smiles, but overall, I had this peculiar sense of serenity about it all.

Now that I think of it, I reckon some of that serenity came from the fact that as soon as I read right here, on MJJC, that there was something very serious goin' on and Michael had been taken to the hospital, I got down on my knees and prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for him, knowing that it is one of the most powerful prayers in the world, not only for the alive and the departed, but especially for those in agony. I then left it in God's hands, trusting that whatever would happen, Michael would, some how, some way, be alright. If his mission on earth had ended and the Lord was indeed calling him, there was nothing that could be done about it. Nothing other than praying for him, of course - for the Lord to save his life, if possible, and if not, to bless his soul with the crown of salvation.

Returning to HTW, I think that I have finally realized why I love it so much. His catalogue is full of humanitarian anthems and they are all epic and wonderful in their own way, but there is something special about Heal the world - it's such a simple, yet deep song, with such an easy melody that everyone can make it their own; although unaware of it at the time of that first listen, later on in life, I think the Jesus freak in me was also probably attracted to the discreet, but powerful biblical references in the song. Back when I first heard it, I didn't even know proper English, but the words and the video were so evocative, that they instantly spoke to my heart. And I suppose that is a great testament to the universality of music, in general and of Michael's brand of awesomeness, in particular ❤️ 🎼

Last edited:
Man in the mirror and Heal the world - don't know why, but I heard these songs nonstop the months after MJ died.
Yes, it was these two songs, for me, as well. Mostly Man in the Mirror, though.
My eyes still well up with tears, the minute I hear the intro to that song.

For All Time
Never Gonna Break My Faith (Aretha Franklin & Mary J. Blige)

I wasn’t a MJ fan at the time of his death but the song I heard a lot for a few days after his passing was You Are Not Alone, which turned me into a MJ fan.

I was working the day Michael passed. I was so distracted by live coverage from the news that it was so hard to stay focused on the job.

The first song I listened to after I left work was Blood On The Dance Floor. I cried all the way home.

No songs came to mind here. All I wanted to know whas how he died and who was involved.

Back