What songs do you think could be on invincible 25?

I wonder if Shut Up And Dance has vocals
It's not from Invincible Era. It's from TII Era
tumblr_lmkkm7jVgg1qb8tudo1_500.gif

It's not from Invincible Era. It's from TII Era
tumblr_lmkkm7jVgg1qb8tudo1_500.gif
It's a writer's demo penned for Michael during the Invincible era that was worked on/inteded to be worked on throughout the 2000's.

From Joe Vogel's comments on his website:
"A great dance track Jackson and Buxer worked on with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland with echoes of Stevie Wonder and MJ circa Bad.
I don't think we'll get Shut Up and Dance as an official release. The music is perfect, but sadly, it was one of those tracks Michael and others just figured they could lay down vocals for once the new album was closer to completion. The vocals aren't even as complete as Hollywood. Too bad; it's a killer dance track. Would have likely been the lead single on Invincible."

I wonder if Shut Up And Dance has vocals
There's contradicting statements; for one, Damien Shields says that the version he heard at the Copyright Office has vocals recorded by a session singer but Joe Vogel stated that the song has MJ vocals, but they're even less complete than In The Back.
"MJ never recorded Shut Up And Dance. The co-writer of the track sings the vocals on it."
(The post got taken down from Joe Vogel's website but if you look around the forum you'll see it has been reposted many times here. Here's the dead link if it matters https://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-12)
Unfortunately, no, it's not as complete. In the Back had at least scatting through every part of the song.
Michael Prince and Brad Buxer also played the song at the MJ MusicDay seminar in 2017 and what they played was the writer's demo, whose singer is described as having a similar sounding voice to MJ's.

There's contradicting statements; for one, Damien Shields says that the version he heard at the Copyright Office has vocals recorded by a session singer but Joe Vogel stated that the song has MJ vocals, but they're even less complete than In The Back.

(The post got taken down from Joe Vogel's website but if you look around the forum you'll see it has been reposted many times here. Here's the dead link if it matters https://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-12)

Michael Prince and Brad Buxer also played the song at the MJ MusicDay seminar in 2017 and what they played was the writer's demo, whose singer is described as having a similar sounding voice to MJ's.
I didn't know it was intended for Invincible album... Wow. I thought this song was one of his last tracks... That he recorded around 2006-2007

Sounds like a good song

If we keep fighting for it and show Estate, that Invincible album needs 25th anniversary release, then we will get it
It takes one look in this forum for the estate to realize, how popular Invincible is. This would be the beginning of the project, that could go down in history as Invincible 25.

Last edited:
It takes one look in this forum for the estate to realize, how popular Invincible is. This would be the beginning of the project, that could go down in history as Invincible 25.
It would sell even less than original Invincible.

I think Shut Up and Dance, Monster, Maybe We Can Do It, GYWOOM, and Ekam Satyam would be on Invincible 25

Basszouille is HIStory, not Invincible
Right. I thought the story went that it was initially written in 1976, around the same time as Sex Life, and that Michael worked on it over the years. I heard it was even considered for Resurrection, and at one point part of the set list for This Is It. The circus vibe would have certainly translated well to the stage.

Right. I thought the story went that it was initially written in 1976, around the same time as Sex Life, and that Michael worked on it over the years. I heard it was even considered for Resurrection, and at one point part of the set list for This Is It. The circus vibe would have certainly translated well to the stage.
I wonder if Sex Life will be released for Thriller 50

If they didnt do anything for Dangerous, History, BOTDF, they arent going to start with invincible lmao. Mjs career ended in 1987 remember?

I've heard that the invincible demos are better then some of the main tracks so I'd start with those.

Back