Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as privy on short films/concert footage as I am with studio tracks, but I wonder if maybe video/visuals would be the Estate's biggest leverage in the market (as far as new releases), once the unreleased catalogue is depleted.

I really can't pick a favorite between hot street, she's trouble and nite line. I'm just disappointed they're not all on the same disc. I hope they don't make us wait another 10 years to include hot street or nite line on another album.

You could say What A Lovely Way To Go is like I'm So Blue, in that we didn't think that was the title and we know nothing about it.
We did know about it sort of, we knew when it was written, we knew it was considered and remixed for the Michael album, we knew it sounded like a song of Elton John's (can't remember which) and we had a snippet too. I'm talking about a song that's completely unheard of.

I really can't pick a favorite between hot street, she's trouble and nite line. I'm just disappointed they're not all on the same disc. I hope they don't make us wait another 10 years to include hot street or nite line on another album.
Yea... I get nervous thinking about that. My only hope is that if that is the case, they will include originals, as they did with Xscape.

We did know about it sort of, we knew when it was written, we knew it was considered and remixed for the Michael album, we knew it sounded like a song of Elton John's (can't reminder which) and we had a snippet too. I'm talking about a song that's completely unheard of.
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and i mean you can hear it in the snippet the way the strings sound resemble the ones of GBYBR.

It's one of the Temperton tracks, so it would likely have his sorta sound to it.
The weird thing about the songs of Rod Temperton is how much you're tempted to identify them with Michael Jackson. You'd like him to sing these songs. Whether it be Karen Carpenter, James Ingram, The Manhattan Transfer, Donna Summer, Heatwave, Herbie Hancock, George Benson or Patti Austin. 😋

Rolling The Dice would fit in this category probably, we know nothing about it except that there's a demo somewhere.
That's a song that we know of its existence despite being unreleased and unleaked (it's registered as "Roll The Dice" btw) whereas I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers & Loving You were a total surprise.

I have all the leaked thriller demos other songs on my phone in mp3 on cd in hq of course would be much better

That's a song that we know of its existence despite being unreleased and unleaked (it's registered as "Roll The Dice" btw) whereas I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers & Loving You were a total surprise.
Fuck it. Put Car Crash by Victor MJ as the final track.

We did know about it sort of, we knew when it was written, we knew it was considered and remixed for the Michael album, we knew it sounded like a song of Elton John's (can't remember which) and we had a snippet too. I'm talking about a song that's completely unheard of.
Yeah you could say that but we always thought it was What A Lonely Way To Go and that Lovely One was a different song remixed by Mark Ronson for the Michael album

Even then we still don't know that Lovely Way and What A Lovely Way To Go are the same song, although it's very likely

Listened to Slapstick again after a while, gonna be honest, besides the quality, this goes hard lmao
Also, i stopped to think a bit about it and realized one thing, isn't this like, the only demo we've got of an unreleased track?
i mean like, not officially released, literally the demo of a track that we weren't even supposed to hear, and we've got both. 🤔

stopped to think a bit about it and realized one thing, isn't this like, the only demo we've got of an unreleased track?
i mean like, not officially released, literally the demo of a track that we weren't even supposed to hear, and we've got both. 🤔
Probably yes. Maybe streetwalker and one of the demos leaked before the former debuted on Bad25?

Personally I prefer Hot Street. When listening to Nite Line I hear a demo, it's clearly unfinished. Whereas Hot Street is something that could have been on a Ghostbusters/Beverly Hills Cop/Footloose-like soundtrack right away. It has that punch of a hit song.
Which is why I believe that Hot Street will be saved for the next posthumous album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back