Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just relistened to nite line, sounds finished to me. Complete vocal recording, lead and background vocals. Maybe slightly bare instrumental but I doubt it.

Just relistened to nite line, sounds finished to me. Complete vocal recording, lead and background vocals. Maybe slightly bare instrumental but I doubt it.
Agreed, i personally think it is pretty much a finished track (that just needs good mastering ofc), however i do think it is really weak and forgettable, like, besides the chorus i don't even remember anything about it haha

Agreed, i personally think it is pretty much a finished track (that just needs good mastering ofc), however i do think it is really weak and forgettable, like, besides the chorus i don't even remember anything about it haha
Of the 4 that didn’t make thriller it is the least good track for me too but I like the bass especially during the intro and during the instrumental break. I also like the background vocals. Fuck it I love it. 🤣

Also, i stopped to think a bit about it and realized one thing, isn't this like, the only demo we've got of an unreleased track?
i mean like, not officially released, literally the demo of a track that we weren't even supposed to hear, and we've got both. 🤔
Thinking about it, there's also I Am A Loser which is the outdated version of I Was The Loser so I guess that counts too? It's the demo of a demo that we weren't supposed to hear.

Thinking about it, there's also I Am A Loser which is the outdated version of I Was The Loser so I guess that counts too? It's the demo of a demo that we weren't supposed to hear.
Do we got I Was The Loser though? 🤔 but yes i guess it counts in a way haha, that's a funny thought, tho, the demo of a demo.

I was the loser is the demo to i am a loser which in itself is also a demo. That song does not sound finished to me unlike nite line

Of course it doesn't sound like a "home demo" but there's a final production stage lacking to reach full bloom. For instance the intro. The idea is clear but still undeveloped and sounding rather sparse imho. All the basic elements are in place but top couturier Quincy Jones has yet to apply his finishing (Midas) touch in order to reach that magical production sound. Compare it with "Starlight" and "Thriller". When listening to "Thriller" one realizes: Just perfect! All the pieces fit! It's not a matter of mastering I think. Just "going that extra mile" that Quincy Jones and his studio team are famous for.

Last edited:
Just imagined for a momemt, what if Nightline had been released back in the day with an accompanying short film?

YZqhfSV.jpg

I guess the ladies would have gone nuts.🤣

Poor hot street didn’t make thriller, 25 and 40
I mean... its still out here though. I wanna hear Lucy is in love with linus & Michael McKellar & this aren't leaked or heard before so for ppl to keep talking sadly about what's not going to be on the album.... forgetting the fact we've had 7 of 10 of these tracks for almost 10years+.....

I mean... its still out here though. I wanna hear Lucy is in love with linus & Michael McKellar & this aren't leaked or heard before so for ppl to keep talking sadly about what's not going to be on the album.... forgetting the fact we've had 7 of 10 of these tracks for almost 10years+.....
No prove about songs recorded with vocal

my bet is that it's going to be Slapstick. you can almost see the logic of what they are doing - saving Hot Street, Nightline and the more complete She's Trouble for something else. it's unfair they've scraped together some bare bones to complete the rest of disc 2. stuff that was released between 2004-2008.

and if it's not Slapstick.. it'll be Nightline. IMO. i would like it to be Nightline or Chicago 1945.

my bet is that it's going to be Slapstick. you can almost see the logic of what they are doing - saving Hot Street, Nightline and the more complete She's Trouble for something else. it's unfair they've scraped together some bare bones to complete the rest of disc 2. stuff that was released between 2004-2008.

and if it's not Slapstick.. it'll be Nightline. IMO. i would like it to be Nightline or Chicago 1945.
She’s Trouble is on disc 2.

Yeah, it's leaked only in very low quality. I'm hoping that's the version that's on there but it's probably the incomplete one.
thank you. i was wondering that. i've never heard one. i was checking some CDR's i made too years ago. LQ.

honesty wouldnt mind Slapstick, we'd have all the leaks in HQ then if She's trouble is the finished version.

I want it to be the finished version but i'm convinced it's not because of the files that were leaked years ago. the incomplete one was amongst them and not the other. Starlight was in there, we're getting that. the full Carousel was in there, we're getting that. The Girl Is Mine (solo) we got that in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back