Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to hear a Westlake mix of Price Of Fame, along with APWNN, it's probably my favourite unreleased song

I don't know how a rap on Cheater would fit and I don't think it would've been great to begin with, but I'm still interested in seeing how the Darkchild Techno would've been implemented in one of MJ's old 80's tracks.

Last edited:
Has the rap thing actually been confirmed as real? (genuinely asking) Only time I remember reading about that was rumours lol.

For all the Vecna lovers from here, I came from a 21 Pilots concert and they started with “Heathens” (Suicide Squad OST) and a Stranger Things montage.

Last show of their European tour. Hype was off the charts. This was the only time it was performed like this because of the partnership between the festival organisers and Netflix. We first got a message during the day “Vecna will make an appearance on the main stage” and then later that day boom.

Imagine doing a surprise montage like this with an MJ song at a popular award show.

Little update: Sony striked and took down almost every vids containing Starlight demo on YouTube, i made a mix in 2018/19 and i was one of the people getting a copyright strike due Starlight. So that will be probably included in the 2nd disc.

Little update: Sony striked and took down almost every vids containing Starlight demo on YouTube, i made a mix in 2018/19 and i was one of the people getting a copyright strike due Starlight. So that will be probably included in the 2nd disc.
The Weeknd played it on his radio show not too long ago as well

A quick search on yt shows dozens of uploads of Starlight being still available.🤔

I’d bet most if not all of the Thriller era leaks (e.g., Hot Street, Nightline, She’s Trouble, Starlight, any other demos of album tracks) are gonna be included.
That would be great. I hope so. Nice to get them in best possible quality on an official release.

Sounds like The Estate is doing this project great.

I'm excited to see what they have planned for this and if it's aimed at fans like Bad 25 or at more general audiences.
I think it'll be a mix of both because as great as Bad 25 was, it was commercially as successful as other projects. Plus Thriller is the easiest sell to general audiences

Does the general public even know about Thriller 40? I haven't seen it be mentioned anywhere except for the complaints about the logo, that on it's own is already a rough start.

It‘ll better be successful or we can kiss future unheard releases goodbye.
Or, they can use a contemporary artist as a feature like they did with JT and Drake. That is a guarantee for commercial success.

Let's hope The Estate have realistic expectations this time, because if they don't then there is no way that they won't be disappointed with how it performs tbh.

I haven't seen it anywhere either
@AChanceToDance

When they first announced T40 I remember seeing articles about it on Billboard and a few other places, though nothing since. I think it's understandable though. If they start promoting it too early the general public will forget about it, or even if initially excited not care but the time it rolls around. I hope their plan is to steadily promote this fall in a number of ways to build momentum.

Obviously something is happening because Thriller is charting at #67 last I checked and he's moving up in the Hot 100. That is probably more due to him trending on TikTok constantly. Still, if I were the estate I'd start promoting it hard to the general public in September. I think they are right now riding the wave of the musical's popularity and the recent soundtrack release (it was #1 on Amazon's new releases recently).

I'll be honest, 4K short films would be enough for me. I think that's the best possible thing they could do for the Thriller era material.

I'm only interested in 4K short films and maybe one or two unreleased songs + a demo because there is still the 50th Anniversary in 10 years and it wouldn't be good to release the "good stuff" now, but the 50th Anniversary must be a good release with Victory Tour, Documentary, unreleased songs and demos

Thriller 40 itself might not be very successful commercially but it will help to increase the sales of the original Thriller album (not that it needs any help lol).

Ultimately, the purpose of an anniversary edition is to bring attention to the original album.

People call Bad 25 a flop, but I don’t see it that way. Because it helped increased the sales of the original Bad album. Before Bad 25 came out, Bad had only spent 92 weeks on Billboard 200. After Bad 25’s release, it has spent over 170 weeks on Billboard 200. So as far as I am concerned, Bad 25 served its purpose.

Thriller 40 itself might not be very successful commercially but it will help to increase the sales of the original Thriller album (not that it needs any help lol).

Ultimately, the purpose of an anniversary edition is to bring attention to the original album.

People call Bad 25 a flop, but I don’t see it that way. Because it helped increased the sales of the original Bad album. Before Bad 25 came out, Bad had only spent 92 weeks on Billboard 200. After Bad 25’s release, it has spent over 170 weeks on Billboard 200. So as far as I am concerned, Bad 25 served its purpose.
The issue is that The Estate saw it as a flop. I don't think people would be saying that if they hadn't made it the reason they did no anniversary albums after. Only reason Thriller is getting one is because it's Thriller and they think it will sell a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back