Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGIM demo was released on the TGIM2008 maxi. GTH on Japanese T25 as well as on all KOP editions.

Both songs lack the T40 expanded edition tl, hence my assumption these'll apear on the bonus disc of T40.

My guessing of the mysterious yet to be announced 10 bonus tracks

• Hot Street
  • Nightline
  • She's Trouble
  • Carousel
  • Got The Hots
  • The Girl Is Mine - demo
  • Behind The Mask - demo
  • Starlight
  • The Lady In My Life - uncut
  • previously unreleased & unleaked track (C'45 maybe??)
All of these have leaked, right? I am not sure about Behind the Mask if full demo has leaked. Do you think there will be at least one unheard song?

All of these have leaked, right? I am not sure about Behind the Mask if full demo has leaked. Do you think there will be at least one unheard song?
The full, original demo of 'Behind The Mask' has not leaked yet.

It should be clearly distinguished between LEAKED & officially released stuff.

It’s not the labels or the estate’s fault that most of the stuff got leaked.
And they shouldn’t handcuff themselves by not officially releasing stuff that got illegally leaked without their consent.
So here are only the leakers & downloaders at fault.

But if they put overly many of the tracks on there, which have been released officially before, either on the 2001 special edition, or on the ultimate collection, KOP editions, or Thriller25 than there would be reasonable ground to be disappointed.

I’m also not to keen on Starlight, it’s just a inferior demo of Thriller with different lyrics.
Same with TLIML.
TGIM & PYT Demos have already been released if I’m not mistaken.

So my list of songs from which the ten tracks for CD 2 will be conceived of would be like this:

• (She’s) Trouble [sure shot]
• Nite Line [sure shot]
• Hot Street [sure shot]
• Behind The Mask [sure shot]
• Starlight [probable]
• TGIM (solo demo) [probable]
• TLIML (full demo) [probable]
• Carousel [probable, but officially released]
• Got The Hots [probable, but officially released]
• LNFSG [don’t do it, already on Estate project]
• This Is It [don’t do it, already on Estate project]
• Don’t Matter To Me (full demo) [hoping]
• Chicago 1945 [faint hoping]
• “out of the blue” surprise [faint hoping]

So better we all manage expectations.
There won’t be much else.

And if they put all the tracks from that era on there, that have been officially release before, there won’t be much space for songs we’ve not heard before, or don’t even know about.

Last edited:
It should be clearly distinguished between LEAKED & officially released stuff.

It’s not the labels or the estate’s fault that most of the stuff got leaked.
And they shouldn’t handcuff themselves by not officially releasing stuff that got illegally leaked without their consent.
So here are only the leakers & downloaders at fault.
Complete agree with that, though I would not use the word "fault" :)
To me releasing unleaked stuff would make sense to prevent them from leaking later and spoiling the fun. What's leaked is already out in the world, they can make an official release any time. But I am not into music business so who knows what goes into track selection.

sure 6/10 songs have been basically confirmed, theres the 4 songs given away due to the youtube song recognisation copyright-thing, and they copyright claimed a bunch of uploads of Starlight a few months ago, and they are now beginning to take down all the remakes of the behind the mask demos (on top of them just casually playing greg's version on the birthday livestream). so the songs confirmed/ 99% sure to be in the album are

1. Got The Hots
2. Carosuel
3. Cant Get Out Of The Rain
4. Sunset Driver
5. Behind the Mask
6. Starlight

so we really only have 4 songs left to be revealed.

sure 6/10 songs have been basically confirmed, theres the 4 songs given away due to the youtube song recognisation copyright-thing, and they copyright claimed a bunch of uploads of Starlight a few months ago, and they are now beginning to take down all the remakes of the behind the mask demos (on top of them just casually playing greg's version on the birthday livestream). so the songs confirmed/ 99% sure to be in the album are

1. Got The Hots
2. Carosuel
4. Sunset Driver
5. Behind the Mask
6. Starlight

As some people stated, most of these from the copyright-recognition thing also refer to other releases, which makes more sense, since the data used for that is based on public info. I highly doubt any data from the album is public as of now.
Therefore, I'd say only Behind the Mask and Starlight can be pretty much confirmed.

1. Got The Hots
2. Carosuel
4. Sunset Driver
5. Behind the Mask
6. Starlight

Your number 3. & 4. have nothing to do on a Thriller Anniversary album. As those songs were recorded during Off The Wall sessions.
If not recorded directly in connection to the OTW album, those songs are definitely from the OTW era.

Your number 3. & 4. have nothing to do on a Thriller Anniversary album. As those songs were recorded during Off The Wall sessions.
If not recorded directly in connection to the OTW album, those songs are definitely from the OTW era.
Apparently, some fans wrongly believe that 'Can't Get Outta The Rain' comes from the 'Thriller' era because it was the B-side song from the 'The Girl Is Mine' single.

'Can't Get Outta The Rain' comes from the 'Off The Wall' era, although it was not recorded directly in connection to that album.

'Sunset Driver' again comes from the 'Off The Wall' era because it was considered (as one of the bonus tracks) for inclusion on the 'Off The Wall' 2001 Special Edition album.

'Sunset Driver' again comes from the 'Off The Wall' era because it was considered (as one of the bonus tracks) for inclusion on the 'Off The Wall' 2001 Special Edition album.
The version we have (as released on TUC) is from 1982. It's a further developed version than the one that was considered for OTW SE.

I have just read that the physical album will feature 10 bonus tracks as being discussed here however, it is being reported that digitally, all previously released tracks will be made available:

"Additionally, 15 additional tracks which have been in limited release previously will be available as part of an expanded digital release" - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...al-tracks-available--digitally-301613333.html

As some people stated, most of these from the copyright-recognition thing also refer to other releases, which makes more sense, since the data used for that is based on public info. I highly doubt any data from the album is public as of now.
Therefore, I'd say only Behind the Mask and Starlight can be pretty much confirmed.
i mean we'll see on monday if its right or not like.

1. Got The Hots
2. Carosuel
4. Sunset Driver
5. Behind the Mask
6. Starlight

I could've sworn sunset driver & can't get out of the rain were from off the wall sessions (although can't get out of the rain was promoted with thriller for whatever odd reason)

Do you guys think that the best of joy demo (The Toy) will be included?
Probably not, it seems that we're only gonna get 2 new songs and one of them is gonna be the Behind The Mask demo (Because of Sony copyrighting) and the other is probably gonna be Chicago 1945 (As said by people who attended seminars), I don't count on getting more than those 2 as new and unheard songs.

Probably not, it seems that we're only gonna get 2 new songs and one of them is gonna be the Behind The Mask demo (Because of Sony copyrighting) and the other is probably gonna be Chicago 1945 (As said by people who attended seminars), I don't count on getting more than those 2 as new and unheard songs.
Well if that’s the case then I really won’t be buying this. Not because of the amount of unreleased songs, but the fact that they’re repackaging officially released songs that many of us already bought. When you think about it, that would mean that it would truly be one unheard song. That’s crazy if true

Well if that’s the case then I really won’t be buying this. Not because of the amount of unreleased songs, but the fact that they’re repackaging officially released songs that many of us already bought. When you think about it, that would mean that it would truly be one unheard song. That’s crazy if true
Not true.

If they release Hot Street, Trouble, Nite Line & Chicago 1945, this would be 4 never before released & not repackaged songs.
Label/Estate is not at fault, for people illegally obtaining & leaking tracks.
And if three of those above mentioned tracks are not new to you & me then that’s our own fault.

Not true.

If they release Hot Street, Trouble, Nite Line & Chicago 1945, this would be 4 never before released & not repackaged songs.
Label/Estate is not at fault, for people illegally obtaining & leaking tracks.
And if three of those above mentioned tracks are not new to you & me then that’s our own fault.
You need to re-read what I wrote. If they are releasing all those songs then it would entail that the ONLY, TRULY unheard song would be Chicago 1945. That’s a fact. Whether or not people have heard them before is besides the point that I’m making.

It’s important to keep in mind that songs has been available for decades and decades! It’s not like they were leaked some years ago so to put the blame on fans for listening to these songs would be crazy because I’m pretty sure 99% of hardcore fans has heard those songs since they have been circulating the internet since the early days of online forums. I don’t think anyone who came across to songs some 20 years ago thought “Oh wait, I better not listen to it because it might end up on Thriller 40😌

As a matter of fact that’s not even what I’m taking issue with. If you read my post you would see that I have no problems with leaked songs ending up on future projects (I bought, Michael, Bad25 and Xscape) but what I do have an issue with is if they release songs I have already bought from them. That is basically selling you the same songs over again. I’m not down with that.

Edit:

By the way wasn’t this the exact same reasoning they used for not releasing Yokohama instead of Wembley? It would have been a trip if they released Yokohama instead and said “Well suit yourselves for watching this concert 20 years ago” lol

Last edited:
I think this release can't be worse than T25.

Edit:
By the way wasn’t this the exact same reasoning they used for not releasing Yokohama instead of Wembley? It would have been a trip if they released Yokohama instead and said “Well suit yourselves for watching this concert 20 years ago” lol
I hope not to drift too far away from the main topic, but honestly, releasing Yokohama would be a great deal. The copy we have is nowhere near the master in terms of quality (obviously) and although some might say it's "good enough", well, not for me.

Edit: a quick comparison I made some years ago (left = master from The One, right = Yuichi)

Last edited:
A Victory Tour release would be AMAZING , and MJ wanted this actually but the brothers blocked due to spite because MJ
did not want part of the tour itself in the first place and did not want to continue it after 1984

For all time was recorded in 1990 (Dangerous) and got released on T25

I think this release can't be worse than T25.
I would argue that T40 is already leagues better than T25, solely because of the second disc. Even if it doesn’t include a single unleaked song, at least it won’t mislabel a Dangerous outtake.

Then by that logic , why was Earth Song not on BAD 25? As it was first recorded in Vienna ( demo) in 1988

Same with Blood on the Dancefloor . A song recorded in 1991 meant for Dangerous. The Estate do not have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back